It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea just launched an ICBM - CONFIRMED.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 11:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Here's a recent post-launch analysis from last month...

""The tested projectile, the Hwasong-12, is a brand new intermediate-range ballistic missile (IRBM) in North Korea’s arsenal — and it did better than any missile the country has ever tested. It was purposely shot at a high angle to avoid directly hitting a surrounding country, but it still traveled 489 miles and got as high as 1,312 miles, according to North Korea’s state-run news agency — and landed near Russia. If it were fired properly, it could have traveled about 2,500 miles, according to experts.

This is a really big deal: It means that North Korea’s threats that it can hit US territory aren’t so empty anymore. Guam — which is a US territory and is home to Andersen Air Force Base — is now within Pyongyang’s reach. And according to a North Korean statement (always to be taken with a grain of salt), the Hwasong-12 can carry a nuclear warhead.""

www.vox.com...

It will be interesting to see if today's test went higher/farther.

That's from May. That's old news.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 11:56 PM
link   
South Korea President Confirms could be ICBM
bnonews.com...

North Korea to hold press conference at 2:30 AM EST live link will be posted.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 11:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kuroodo

originally posted by: flatbush71
That was hour and a half ago.
I've been waiting to see how it would take to be posted here.
Had this been the real deal, nobody would have known WWIII had started before the "Kill Switch" had been activated.

ATS has really slowed down on reporting breaking news the lady few years.

I recommend you all enable mobile notifications for some news accounts in twitter. One of them is BNON News for example. Maybe then we can get faster posts on ATS!

On Topic: North Korea is going to make an announcement in a few hours

Interesting. Could you post a link regarding this NK announcement coming soon? I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere. Thanks.

edit on 3-7-2017 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 11:58 PM
link   
a reply to: xstealth

Im usually not a doom monger but this may just be the "Gavrillo Principe" of WW3.
2nd line.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 12:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
This is going to get messy.

Regardless of whether the missile hit anything or not is meaningless. They are making progress.

They are NOT shooting at max range.. they are telling the missiles to hit the sea without overflying other countries.

In case anyone is confused irans missiles are based on North Koreas not the other way around.

You guys are seriously behind the times.

Here..

www.bbc.com...

Two types of intercontinental ballistic missile (ICBM) known as the KN-08 and KN-14, have been observed at various military parades since 2012.
Carried and launched from the back of a modified truck, the three-stage KN-08 is believed to have a range of about 11,500km.

Propoganda from those who make jokes should now be dispelled.

edit on 4-7-2017 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 12:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

Check xStealths reply above
edit on 4-7-2017 by Kuroodo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 12:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: xstealth
bnonews.com...

Crazy. Thanks for the info.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Here's a recent post-launch analysis from last month...

""The tested projectile, the Hwasong-12, is a brand new intermediate-range ballistic missile (IRBM) in North Korea’s arsenal — and it did better than any missile the country has ever tested. It was purposely shot at a high angle to avoid directly hitting a surrounding country, but it still traveled 489 miles and got as high as 1,312 miles, according to North Korea’s state-run news agency — and landed near Russia. If it were fired properly, it could have traveled about 2,500 miles, according to experts.

This is a really big deal: It means that North Korea’s threats that it can hit US territory aren’t so empty anymore. Guam — which is a US territory and is home to Andersen Air Force Base — is now within Pyongyang’s reach. And according to a North Korean statement (always to be taken with a grain of salt), the Hwasong-12 can carry a nuclear warhead.""

www.vox.com...

It will be interesting to see if today's test went higher/farther.

That's from May. That's old news.

Yes.. I should have said from 2 months ago, instead of from last month. Time flies! Anyway what we're looking for is to see if North Korea is making progress. That May 15th launch had the potential to be more deadly than any test prior. Wondering if July 3rd is an advancement over May 15th.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Kim my bluster, he may boast, he may even threaten, but, unless he is suicidal, he will not act.

Even if he could strike the US mainland with an ICBM launched nuke, he would not. Because to do so would be an end to his regime and his dynasty.

A total loss of face.

Which he values more than he values the lives of his own family.

Expect his demands to become more outrageous and his threats more bombastic (couldn't help it!).

Question is how to respond.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Well, luckily fearless dear leader Trump made some tweets about it wondering why SK and Japan put up with it....such strength. I now know why he was critical about the few times NK did it under Obama...granted, its been a nearly daily occurance since Trump went into office..and theoretically that could be a sign that NK see's trump as a feckless weak nobody who is to be mocked constantly..but still..umm...But Hillary...

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 12:10 AM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

I think Kimmy might be in for a big surprise soon, like a reality check._ but what do I know. Maybe I'm way off base._

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 12:12 AM
link   
If we strike today, we could share our Independence Day with the North Koreans.
It's time.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 12:12 AM
link   

bnonews.com...

Preview:

"We have finished testing and are preparing to wipe out the heathens in the USA, Australia, Japan and our eternal enemy, South Korea. The mother of all victories is at hand for North Korea! Hail Kimmy!!"

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Wondering if July 3rd is an advancement over May 15th.

Yeah big advancement, we'll know later just how big if we can figure out the payload weight.

North Korea has now tested an intercontinental ballistic missile and it was successful on the first attempt.

This is huge.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 12:15 AM
link   
I have been a huge Trump supporter since day one but I have to admit that I'm very disappointed in his response so far.

He basically put the responsibility back on China who's proven now for a decade that they will not do anything to stop the Norks, so basically I feel that Trump publicly ruled out military strikes against North Korea.

It looks very, very weak.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 12:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wookiep
a reply to: SaturnFX

I think Kimmy might be in for a big surprise soon, like a reality check._ but what do I know. Maybe I'm way off base._

Ain't nothing gonna happen. Kimbo and dad has been playing this game for like 5 presidents now without concern

Can't we find oil in NK already?!!

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 12:26 AM
link   
ICBM Confirmed

Apathy exceeded altitude of 1500 miles.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 12:32 AM
link   
a reply to: xstealth

North Korea to make a major announcement 3:30pm their time (06:30 GMT).

The Spectator Index‏ @spectatorindex 42m42 minutes ago

BREAKING: North Korea says it will make an important announcement within two hours

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 12:34 AM
link   
This really isn't a big deal guys.

He's never going to actually fire on us or an ally.

As crazy as Kim is... he isn't that crazy.

He loves nothing more than himself and his existence.

He knows the moment he fires on the US or an ally his country will be leveled with him in it...

And if he somehow survives.. he will be the king of

think logically here before getting scared

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 12:35 AM
link   

ICBM Confirmed

Apathy exceeded altitude of 1500 miles.

This is probably a question for the SCIENCE forum, but I'll ask here. (Might get lucky.) If a missile goes 1500 miles high, doesn't the Earth rotate at least a few hundred miles while the missile is going up and coming down?

If you shoot something up high enough, can't another country be under where the missile impacts after gravity has pulled it back to Earth?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join