It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christie, family soak up sun on N.J. beach he closed to public

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: underpass61

originally posted by: thesaneone

originally posted by: underpass61
Geez louise this is about on the same level as the "two scoops" ridiculousness. So the beach is closed, what do you think that means? Locked gates? Fences? Armed guards?
THIS is what it means - NOBODY is going to stop you from using the beach. There are no funds for lifeguards so swim at your own risk. That's all - PERIOD. You lefties are pathetic.

Many of us on the right are equally disgusted by his actions and attitude.

P.s it's a state beach.

That may be true but trying to paint this as some elitist d#ck move is just moronic. Unless it's a private beach NO ONE will stop you from using it, you're responsible for your own safety that is all. Most beach closures in my area involve toxic runoff contaminating the water in wintertime so going in would be foolish. Still no cop will stop you from having a picnic or getting a tan, or even swimming it's your call. Especially on a state beach.

Not true. State parks, including beaches, that are closed during government shutdowns are CLOSED. That means the general public risks tickets for trespassing, same as they would if they jumped a gate at a local park or zoo after the facility is closed.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I hope he got sand in his arse, he seems like a big enough arsehole there should be room for a small desert island in there.

Politicians aye?

edit on 3-7-2017 by Jonjonj because: Tablet spellery

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   
He had it closed down due to a report a beached whale.
Volunteers are throwing buckets of sunscreen on it in an attempt to keep it alive until the tide comes in.
Or his margaritas run out.
edit on 3-7-2017 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I was wondering about the tide.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Interesting, I've seen many beach closures but I've never seen anything like that here in SoCal. Maybe the cops just have better things to do...
Then I say give the fat dude a ticket

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac
Well, "he" closed it because they ran out of money.
Much like here in Maine, the government is taking too much from the middle class to give to the poor, and line the pockets of the rich.
And it's driven the state to bankrupcy.

Only he and his family gets a private state park out of it, which doesn't give much incentive for him to work hard all year, now does it?

Cut them all loose.

Hmmmm.
And it is a blue state:

Currently, the Democrats are the majority party in both Houses. In the Senate there are 24 Democrats and 16 Republicans. There are 52 Democrats and 28 Republicans serving in the General Assembly.

Wikipedia: NJ State Legislature

Even so, Christie is a lame ass that won't last.... imagine a New Jersey governor that is an unabashed Dallas Cowboys fan.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 03:17 PM
link   
He said "I didn't get any sun".

As if the sun would miss a target that big.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: veracity
guys, the fat jokes are very demeaning and childish...just sayin.

Get a sense of humour.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: silo13

The guy in the red shorts: it looks like they even have a proper lifeguard on duty!

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

originally posted by: veracity
guys, the fat jokes are very demeaning and childish...just sayin.

Sure but when it comes to "I'm better then you Chris Kryspy" all is fair.

Sure you don't mean Gov Christie Kreme?

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I'd be mad, but Jersey folks obviously don't roll the way FL folks do. Which is no f#s given & to swim anyway.
When a beach is closed down there for whatever reason, the only time anyone actually obeys is if it's hazardous to health (sewage contamination/high bacteria, red tide kill, etc) I don't recall any of us ever getting a ticket for swimming at a closed beach. Zombies eat people down there, so LEOs are obviously preoccupied with better s# to do with their time than stalk for ticketing

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: silo13
The guy's size is totally incidental to his bad behaviour. Let's not get ironic in calling him out.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

originally posted by: silo13

The guy in the red shorts: it looks like they even have a proper lifeguard on duty!

It's obviously a doctored photo, see the shadows, how they go in different directions?

I am looking at YOU NASA!

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 03:36 PM
link   
There's a reason he wasn't voted as a POTUS candidate. He's just not "into" the public at large.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: StoutBroux
He's just not "into" the public at large.

Of course he isn't, no matter how large the public gets, he'll never be able to fit his fat ass into them.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Much like here in Maine, the government is taking too much from the middle class to give to the poor, and line the pockets of the rich.
And it's driven the state to bankrupcy.

Only he and his family gets a private state park out of it, which doesn't give much incentive for him to work hard all year, now does it?

Cut them all loose.

How about a swim at your own risk sign and pickup your trash sign, how much could it cost to leave people alone.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Just think of the thousands of little kids who this selfish politician has deprived of a happy holiday of fun, and there he goes with his family on the beach--its the epitome of selfishness and greed.

Anybody with any decency would have at least deprived himself of what he is depriving thousands of families in the state.

If not for Trumps son-in-law, who despises Christie for putting his father in jail, this guy would have a lot of power in the Trump white house.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Right. And he patrolled the beach himself, since there was no money to pay for man patrols.

What a hard working, decent, and honorable guy.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: openyourmind1262

Didn't he go on a diet? Or did he quit trying when he completely failed trying to run for the presidency. Fat either way. Way fat.
edit on 3-7-2017 by Justso because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah
What about life guards. Wouldn't a state be libel if someone drowned

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join