It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Far-right extremist' is arrested for plotting to shoot French President Emmanuel Macron

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   
BIG props to the French security for stopping this plot before it could become a true disaster!a reply to: DanteGaland

Really?
Assuming for the moment you're in the US, what the living hell do you care what happens to the President of France?

From what I've read he's an altogether arrogant douche bag of the highest order. Another election might be the best thing to happen to France!

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Good riddance to that guy. The crazies pollute the spectrum. Extremism covers the globe and should be obliterated in all of its forms.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
You forgot to mention "Right Wing Extremist".

Your agenda is a bit obvious, don't you think?

What about all the anti-Left threads, how about the agendas of those authors?

The Right has plenty of their own extremists, it's always a good thing when any extremist is caught breaking the law before they kill.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Alas, it is too late to stop the disaster.
Macron was already (s)elected.
So, the man had a kitchen knife and police found "other weapons" in his car.
Like what? a big flashlight or a tire iron?
Eta: He had 3 kitchen knives in his car, possibly butter knives who knows?

Pretty much a non-event when police snoop online and grab a guy before he can even get a hold of a firearm.
Poor Macron! He is in such grave danger from the extreme right....
I'm sounding trite because I didn't see anywhere in the article where the man is named.
Sounds like a big deal plotting to assassinate the President yet they won't name him?
That's why I think this whole thing may be propaganda.
edit on 3-7-2017 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

I wonder how many "other weapons" they'd find in any one of my vehicles.
Aside from the ccw in my bag and the fixed blade on my belt, and the steel toe boots on my feet, that is...

I guess they cut house keys pretty sharp these days.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS
BIG props to the French security for stopping this plot before it could become a true disaster!a reply to: DanteGaland

Really?
Assuming for the moment you're in the US, what the living hell do you care what happens to the President of France?

From what I've read he's an altogether arrogant douche bag of the highest order. Another election might be the best thing to happen to France!

Most civilized people care about democratically elected leaders not being assassinated regardless whether they agree with their politics or personality.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

" arrogant douche bag of the highest order."

our president is this, but I certainly don't want him assassinated. good lord!

also,the majority of ats trump lovers aren't from the US, but if someone tried this to him you think they wouldn't care? LOLOLOLOLOL!!

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: eNumbra

Really?

Most civilized people care about democratically elected leaders not being assassinated regardless whether they agree with their politics or personality.

Most? What about those civilised who want assassinations?

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: xSEEKxNxSTRIKEx

originally posted by: eNumbra

Really?

Most? What about those civilised who want assassinations?

IDK...JAIL time?

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I think the big thing to take away from this is just how thoroughly governments are watching everything that everyone does and says.

Which also makes you wonder if they really didnt know a lot of these terrorist attacks were going to happen, or if they are letting them happen on purpose.

The guy reminds me a lot of the guy that just shot at the republican senators. 2 sides of the same coin.

Bigger things at work here.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Double post. Pff.
edit on 3-7-2017 by pirhanna because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Anyone else find their math odd. If he was handed a 3 year sentence then had 18 months suspended...Last year... How then is he out 6 months early? Do they do something similar to the US in that you serve 85% of your time if you don't get in trouble in jail...(only applies to felonies in the US misdemeanor is 50% of the time sentenced no good behavior req.)

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanteGaland
a reply to: lordcomac

What's weird is WHY he thought to get guns on a VIDEO game forum?

Most ppl I know who play games are the LAST people who'd have weapons to SELL....

I suspect this is a misreading of the article:

The would-be attacker mentioned his search for a weapon on a video games forum that was being monitored by intelligence officers.

It says that he was discussing his quest on a video game forum. It doesn't necessarily follow that he was trying to buy one from someone on the forum - in the same way that you might make a thread here about trying to find a particular classic car that you've always wanted, but that doesn't mean that you are asking for an ATS member to sell one to you.

Perhaps he was also asking around on that forum, but the article doesn't actually state that.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 12:13 PM
link   
E. Bob! I think you're onto something. He was in the joint, long enough to be schooled in how to get a gat. He was out long enough to save enough to buy a black market AK. So, he just shot his mouth off in a gamer's chatroom, and someone turned him in to the Polite'. I think that the monitoring blurb was just subterfuge.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Interesting. The French President was a victim of Phedofiles.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Well, in Britain, they could have. But they don't, because keeping the agenda and the hate and the division going is part of the corporate strategy of the owners of the country here.

Good job France! Smash the fash!

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire

originally posted by: DAVID64
You forgot to mention "Right Wing Extremist".

Your agenda is a bit obvious, don't you think?

And what agenda is that?

Reporting on current events?

Ah, I digress, no such thing as right-wing extremism/terrorism. It's solely isolated to the left.... lol....

I think you miss the point that was being made which is that for some reason the left just adore the muslims and the muslims are the ones who seem to just adore terrorism. It's not about left and right, rather about how the OP picked up and ran with the line that this mental case was even remotely 'right wing' and are pushing the concept that 'holy heck wow gooly gee didya know that the right wing has extremists too' was a thing. Yeah, derp we all know that crazy crosses the human and political spectrum but if you or they can't see that what they tried to push was obvious it's because you're clouded by bias. Be biased all you like but don't be clouded by it, I say.
edit on 9-7-2017 by GusMcDangerthing because: correct semantics

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Watch out Macron, France's 15 fighter jets aren't enough to guarantee security in Libya.

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   
President Macron is the main character who is behind the detention of Lebanese PM Hariri. The intent is colonial repossession of lebanon by France. Orchestration of a civil war in Lebanon the mean.

Chances of success for French colonialists: 0%

top topics

<< 1   >>

join