It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Panspermia in depth

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 01:52 AM
link   
It seems that Motherboard is going back to semi-solid science articles.

Here, we have a somewhat detailed and well-referenced article on the theory.

motherboard.vice.com...

motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/gybp7q/did-life-on-earth-come-from-outer-space

Well-written too, reading it makes you think how could it NOT be correct, to assume interstellar travel by life forms, when we know it is possible on an interplanetary scale.

I'll re-read and comment on it tomorrow after I have a think on it. I just wanted to share and summarize it for now. The article is a worthy read for those interested in the subject.

People who say that science propaganda in this area is a slow march to disclosure might be correct. If "space bugs" will be welcomed by Earthlings, I'm not sure.

edit on 3-7-2017 by FlyingFox because: freedom

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 03:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyingFox
It seems that Motherboard is going back to semi-solid science articles.
Here, we have a somewhat detailed and well-referenced article on the theory.

Well-written too, reading it makes you think how could it NOT be correct, to assume interstellar travel by life forms, when we know it is possible on an interplanetary scale.

I'll re-read and comment on it tomorrow after I have a think on it. I just wanted to share and summarize it for now. The article is a worthy read for those interested in the subject.

People who say that science propaganda in this area is a slow march to disclosure might be correct. If "space bugs" will be welcomed by Earthlings, I'm not sure.

I find this kind of argumentation silly. So life on earth was seeded by alien bugs. But what is then the origin of the alien bugs, what did they arise from?

It is the classic "Turtles all the way down" argument.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Panspermia, redoubt for people that want to admit life was 'brought here', but randomly, not intelligently.

So...how did life get off of planet A in the first place?
edit on 3-7-2017 by intrptr because: additional

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 08:47 AM
link   
not just turtles all the way down, but a pretty strange version of it - the bugs can only have kickstarted life once, right at the beginning, as all life on earth is pretty demonstrably inter-related, and while there are certainly gaps in the fossil record it's not like there have been entirely new families descending from the sky.

so where did the space bugs go? why don't we have a periodic influx of them?
i'm not discounting panspermia as a viable mechanism here, it just... seems to raise more questions than it answers.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I ponder this stuff almost daily, as I'm sure many others do. Everything a person can possibly theorize seems to raise more questions than answers.

Panspermia is not at all far fetched and we have a bit of evidence from Mars on our own planet as to how easy it can happen. It is almost gauranteed to happen in the universe and ultimately everything seems to be recycled in 1 way or another.

I haven't watched the posted video yet so might have something more to add after doing so.

top topics

join