It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zubaida Hasan’s miraculous face (change)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Little Zubaida Hasan lived with her family in a small, remote village in Afghanistan. In 2001, when she was just 9 years old, Zubaida was caught in a fire that would change her life forever. The flames burnt most of her face and chest.
source

This man took the 9-year-old girl home after her operation. A year later, her parents throw their arms around him. Facebook This man took the 9-year-old girl home after her operation. A year later, her parents throw their arms around him. Little Zubaida Hasan lived with her family in a small, remote village in Afghanistan. In 2001, when she was just 9 years old, Zubaida was caught in a fire that would change her life forever. The flames burnt most of her face and chest. This man took the 9-year-old girl home after her operation. A year later, her parents throw their arms around him. Twitter/Angry_Bisounours Her burns were very serious. The lower half of her face had literally melted into her chest. Her parents took her to all of the local hospitals, but the doctors said they couldn't do anything for her. Then, in 2002, a year after the accident, her father tried taking her to a US military base.

The soldiers there felt for Zubaida and her family. The girl was suffering from a lot of pain and was unable to eat or sleep since her eyes and mouth couldn't properly close. The base contacted a renowned plastic surgeon from Los Angeles, Peter Grossman. He specializes in burn victims, though even he acknowledged that Zubaida was a serious case.

During the series of operations, Grossman became very attached to the little girl. When Zubaida's father had to return to Afganistan, Grossman and his wife decided to take her in for the duration of her treatment. The Grossmans didn't have any children of their own, so Zubaida's presence brought humor and energy into their lives.

She's back in Afganistan doing well. Grossman, nothing other than a hero.

edit on 2538Sunday201713 by silo13 because: add vid

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 04:48 PM
link   
WOW ! That is amazing ! So happy she has been helped !

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 04:48 PM
link   
WOW ! That is amazing ! So happy she has been helped !

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 04:58 PM
link   
My eyes are pooling, what a wonderful outcome. S&F

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 07:04 PM
link   
This is absolutely amazing. Here's a recent picture (2015 I believe) of Zubaida and the Grossman family.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Wow....... So awesome, so interesting.

This is one of the things I think that will stay with me until I die. To know this kind of kindness and effort exists in the world.

-Alee

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 07:27 AM
link   
It looks like she melted.

The surgeons did a fine job repairing that mess.

top topics

join