It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please Answer without Googling First

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Cat Stevens was a popular British song writer/singer in the late 60's and 70's. (I think he's still performing to some degree.)

He had a "religious conversion" sometime in the late 70's. If you remember this singer, was his conversion to Buddhism or Islam?

Please reply only if you remember.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Islam

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Islam.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Islam.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   

My 1st thought was Islam, now I will google and check

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Islam.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Islam and because of it he was on the US no fly list for a while.

One of his songs

edit on 7/2/2017 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

Was he? Really? I recall a rather nasty to do some years back, but put on the no-fly list is a new one to me.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
Islam and because of it he was on the US no fly list for a while.

One of his songs

Really? That must have been during Jimmy Carter's time.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   

When his London-to-Washington flight was unexpectedly diverted to another city, it didn't occur to the singer once known as Cat Stevens that he was the problem. And when it finally did, he suddenly felt very vulnerable.

"I was literally cut off from my family, from my daughter. I was in the dark," the musician, now known as Yusuf Islam, told ABC News' Elizabeth Vargas.

Islam — who changed his name from Cat Stevens after he converted to Islam in the 1970s — was barred from entering the United States after his name was discovered on a U.S. government "no-fly" list on Sept. 21.

He said United Airlines' Flight 919 — from London to Washington's Dulles International Airport — seemed routine until he heard an announcement over the loudspeaker stating the plane would be landing in a different location. There were 249 passengers on board, and it never crossed Islam's mind that he might be the problem.

The flight had been diverted to Maine's Bangor International Airport, where federal agents were waiting.

"The door opened and in walked six gigantically tall, you know, uniformed officers, and they kind of came to me directly, and said, 'Are you Yusuf Islam?' And I thought, what is going on?" Islam said.

"They took me to the immigration office there. Then I got interviewed by some FBI agents, and that was like the beginning of what I began to realize was a terrible ordeal which I was about to go through," he said.

abcnews.go.com...

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Islam, hence his current name. He still promotes the "peaceful" side of it.
Until he doesn't?? Good tunes and would be a great spokesman, especially if you look at his older quotes and lyrics.
"Ooo baby it's a wild world! Hard to get by, just upon a smile." (Insert kick ass acoustic riff)

link   

originally posted by: Trueman

Islam

correct.

link   
I was worried the answer was going to be Buddhism and I would have to start giving the ol' Mandela Effect a second look!

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
Cat Stevens was a popular British song writer/singer in the late 60's and 70's. (I think he's still performing to some degree.)

He had a "religious conversion" sometime in the late 70's. If you remember this singer, was his conversion to Buddhism or Islam?

Islam, I remember this was a thing during 9/11 when he was speaking out on how basically not all muslims are evil type thing and trying to be an example.

If he became Buddhist, I might be swayed into believing this whole mandela thing
time for the googles

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 02:44 PM
link   

HaHa. 2004 Bush. The grand protection plan after 9-11 and DHS.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 02:53 PM
link   

I believe he now practices Islam, though he may have "tried" other faiths as was common practice in the arts during the 70's.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   

It was Islam.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Islam

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Islam..........I seen when he made it into the Rock and Roll hall of fame. He has some good tunes. Why do you ask? Just curious.

edit on 2-7-2017 by Tarzan the apeman. because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Didn't google it but I thought it was Islam.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join