It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I know, nobody is banning any flag......

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
a reply to: ketsuko

I just can't comprehend where this will end. George Washington owned slaves. Does that mean we need to rename DC? Do we need to remove all the monuments bearing old GW's name and likeness? Exactly what kind of weakness does it take to need to have a street name removed due to "feelings"? Will these pansies get triggered by a word or a statue?

Yes and he was mostly responsible for the decimation of vast tracts of forest...
www.mountvernon.org...

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

blown up or removed are they not still gone?

same purpose, no?

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus

originally posted by: network dude
a reply to: ketsuko

I just can't comprehend where this will end. George Washington owned slaves. Does that mean we need to rename DC? Do we need to remove all the monuments bearing old GW's name and likeness? Exactly what kind of weakness does it take to need to have a street name removed due to "feelings"? Will these pansies get triggered by a word or a statue?

Yes and he was mostly responsible for the decimation of vast tracts of forest...
www.mountvernon.org...

You mean Trump isn't the first president to drain the swamp?

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

blown up or removed are they not still gone?

same purpose, no?

Is the history gone? Can you still visit museums?
Nope. Not the same.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Then why rename them?

I don't know and I don't care. They are just street names and no matter what you call that strip of concrete it does not change the historical record of that time period.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 10:11 AM
link   
it is the same

12 year olds removing all that triggers them

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I am all for not erasing history. Every state building needs to have statues showing oppression and cruelty of the slaves. People in chains. Men and women with lash marks on their backs. Children being ripped from their mother's arms to be sold off to another plantation. Every single state building in America. And we need to have street names like Slavery Row and Black Oppression Blvd and Slave Lynching Ave. So we don't ever forget our history.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 10:15 AM
link   

it is the same

12 year olds removing all that triggers them

Let me know when they bulldoze a statue down here in the U.S.A. Let me know when they remove any mention of any part of our history.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963 seeker1963..... I know huh....... I'v thought the same on many, many occasion.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
I am all for not erasing history. Every state building needs to have statues showing oppression and cruelty of the slaves. People in chains. Men and women with lash marks on their backs. Children being ripped from their mother's arms to be sold off to another plantation. Every single state building in America. And we need to have street names like Slavery Row and Black Oppression Blvd and Slave Lynching Ave. So we don't ever forget our history.

best idea to spend tax dollars EVER
document africans selling their own people out

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 10:20 AM
link   

best idea to spend tax dollars EVER
document africans selling their own people out

Which makes what we did perfectly ok? Sounds like someone wants to erase history alright.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

no it is not ok
you just left that part out

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 10:24 AM
link   

no it is not ok
you just left that part out

Let Africa deal with their own history and we deal with ours.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 10:25 AM
link   

guess you didnt read the op

that is exactly what they want

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 10:26 AM
link   

oh the slaves magically appeared here
ha
good one

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 10:31 AM
link   

guess you didnt read the op

that is exactly what they want

Yep I read the OP.
Who are "they"? SJWs? Who? Our history will not disappear just because some street names *might* be changed.
Anyway I was merely responding to DBCowboy's overdramatic post comparing this to ISIS destroying temples.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 10:32 AM
link   

ha
good one

They were forced here after being purchased by Americans. Another good idea for a statue though -thanks. Slaves being herded up and forced on ships. Slaves dying of dysentery and dehydration before even making it to America. Good ideas for statues all across the country. Don't forget!

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 10:34 AM
link   

But Marva Harris Small, 58, a black woman who works in the neighborhood near Fort Hamilton, said that whatever good the men might have done while at the base was subsumed by their serving as Confederate generals.

"The end product is what counts," she said.

the end product
nice
throw out what you dont agree with

just like isis

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 10:35 AM
link   

ha
good one

They were forced here after being purchased by Americans. Another good idea for a statue though -thanks. Slaves being herded up and forced on ships. Slaves dying of dysentery and dehydration before even making it to America. Good ideas for statues all across the country. Don't forget!

That's a pretty good idea. We need plenty of statues of slaves in chains all over.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Uh ok?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join