It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

B.C. baby first to get health card without gender marker

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: AkontaDarkpaw
I brought that up in one of my posts.

This could be a way of introducing the idea of androgynous beings who are not human. Ets may not all have genders the way we do. Perhaps this is prep for encountering such individuals. Assuming they exist.

I thought about us blending in with AI Robots, or yes aliens , which I didn't mention . Something is up because how did this slip in so easily? Why is it becoming the way?

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 09:32 PM
link   
How in the hell did we get here?
Something, somewhere, went seriously wrong.
The lunatics are taking over the asylum.

But we can't call the lunatics what they are, because of feelings.

It needs to stop.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Nature usually has something different to say about this, via DNA. I have to agree.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

and tv channels were 3 maybe 4.

When I was growing up we had..13 channels of sh#t on the tv, to chose from..

As for the subject of the OP..I feel meh, don't care..I'll add I'm a B.C. resident.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: violet

I see no problem with this. When I see somebody, I gender them with what they look like and how they are presenting themselves. If I'm not sure, I avoid those pronouns altogether. Pretty simple system and it's worked for me so far.

But what I have never had to do was ask somebody for their birth certificate. So why will the baby ever need a sex on their birth certificate? They'll likely grow up feeling like the sex that corresponds to their genitalia and know they are either a boy or a girl without having to consult with their birth documentation.

So... I think it's pretty silly that this will trigger quite a few conservatives. But why? What benefit does it serve in the first place?

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: violet
I brought that up in one of my posts.

This could be a way of introducing the idea of androgynous beings who are not human. Ets may not all have genders the way we do. Perhaps this is prep for encountering such individuals. Assuming they exist.

I thought about us blending in with AI Robots, or yes aliens , which I didn't mention . Something is up because how did this slip in so easily? Why is it becoming the way?

Well the truth is that obama and other officials have said that the us is run by ets behind closed doors. Of course everyone just assumes that its tongue in cheek... i think that's untrue. The truth has been said but no one wants to hear it because it's not "official" enough.

In British shows and maybe other countries' entertainment the us is considered "the ruling country" perhaps because the real power is the ets and it's not a lie or a joke.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Depending on who you ask its all part of the Kalergi-Coudenhove plan.

Or the Frankfurt School.

Yeah, I had to look it up, too, and it sounds fairly harmless on paper but things seem to be speeding up and getting enforced.

I need to read more.

In the meantime I'm thinking of changing my name to Anosmia!

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

I see no problem with this. When I see somebody, I gender them with what they look like and how they are presenting themselves. If I'm not sure, I avoid those pronouns altogether. Pretty simple system and it's worked for me so far.

But what I have never had to do was ask somebody for their birth certificate. So why will the baby ever need a sex on their birth certificate? They'll likely grow up feeling like the sex that corresponds to their genitalia and know they are either a boy or a girl without having to consult with their birth documentation.

So... I think it's pretty silly that this will trigger quite a few conservatives. But why? What benefit does it serve in the first place?

Imo i don't think it's the individual choice of an adult that is problematic but the forced lack of assignment of a child that creates problems not because of the document but because of what it represents for society as a whole.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 09:41 PM
link   

It has nothing to do with conservatives or politics.
It's biology.
You are a boy.
Where does it stop?

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I weighed 1 gram when I was born, but my birth certificate says I weighed more. I've been so conflicted ever since I found out. It's discrimination I tell you. Oh and I now have red eyes. Not those blue ones I was born with, how dare they put eye colour restrictions on me. I will decide what colour my eyes are, damn it.

I'm also an albino. But they just wont recognise it and I find this highly offensive. This world needs to change to allow for all of us red eyed albino emus.

Oh, I'm an emu too. I decided that the lack of a beak, long neck, flightless wings, feathers and long clawed legs, should not be a barrier from me realising my flightless red eyed albino emu true form.

You're all racists.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: AkontaDarkpaw

Imo i don't think it's the individual choice of an adult that is problematic but the forced lack of assignment of a child that creates problems not because of the document but because of what it represents for society as a whole.

So you admit that the absence of sex on a birth certificate is only a problem because of what it represents? Do you understand you are essentially saying it will be a problem because people will think it's a problem?

Don't you think that's a problem?

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: badw0lf
I weighed 1 gram when I was born, but my birth certificate says I weighed more. I've been so conflicted ever since I found out. It's discrimination I tell you. Oh and I now have red eyes. Not those blue ones I was born with, how dare they put eye colour restrictions on me. I will decide what colour my eyes are, damn it.

I'm also an albino. But they just wont recognise it and I find this highly offensive. This world needs to change to allow for all of us red eyed albino emus.

Oh, I'm an emu too. I decided that the lack of a beak, long neck, flightless wings, feathers and long clawed legs, should not be a barrier from me realising my flightless red eyed albino emu true form.

You're all racists.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 09:44 PM
link   

What do you mean what it represents for society as a whole? This is just an isolated incident (there are few others as well) and have no effect on society. The baby will know the gender at an early age so you can be sure there is no confusion there.

edit on 7/1/2017 by Deaf Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

You see no problem with their agendas, but you are already policing yourself, admittedly. If you were looking for intent, there is that.

My question now is: up to what point are you ready to police yourself so as to not offend? Does THAT offend you? It should be worrying at the very least.
edit on 1-7-2017 by NowanKenubi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: NowanKenubi

That's called respect. Something our parents taught us.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: c2oden

It has nothing to do with conservatives or politics.
It's biology.
You are a boy.
Where does it stop?

So... none of that had anything to do with my response. You're just being an asshole.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 09:51 PM
link   
no gender.... makes that person legal target for chromosome testing throughout their lives... unless they go to court at their own expense to add a legal gender ID on their vital stats.

Absurd parents

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Ugh can we NOT do this

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 09:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: NowanKenubi
a reply to: Abysha

You see no problem with their agendas, but you are already policing yourself, admittedly. If you were looking for intent, there is that.

My question now is: up to what point are you ready to police yourself so as to not offend? Does THAT offend you? It should be worrying at the very least.

How am I "policing" myself? It just seems like a natural way to interact with people for me.

I don't understand the right's obsession with going out of their way to offend people and then feel like some sort of freedom fighter bad ass for doing so. Is it really easier to be a jerk than it is to be nice?

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 09:53 PM
link   
makes it easier to steal someones identity, but lets not worry about that, let the kid worry about that when they turn 18 and discover that they owe a ton of money on borrowed debt and are on a terrorist watch list.

some people are too stupid to have kids.

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join