It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jeff Sessions May Hate Cannabis…But He Sure Loves Big Tobacco

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Doctor Smith

Well, with respect, Sessions is the lawman now, not any of those reasonable people, those Goddamned unicorns you are talking about.

And as to coming to the correct decision, I very much doubt it, because if that was the case, the Conservative minded would not have elected a morally defunct, intellectually vacant slab of barely disguised hate and avarice... I rather suspect that they never would have permitted him to run in any format whatsoever, or at least given him the righteous slap down he deserved for thinking himself fit to lead anything, leave alone a forward moving and culturally diverse nation like America.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 01:41 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

We don't need yet another figure head that kicks the can down the road. Trump is the first real President we've had in my lifetime.

Most of these so called qualified individuals have never done anything in their lives other than politics. Qualified to do what? Lead their people to their (planned by Soros) demise?

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Its almost like you were responding to someone elses post and points there.

Look, your point about can kicking... This President has already proven that he has no capacity or desire to actually DEAL with anything. His executive orders thus far have been totally ineffectual, his actual policies have been a failure from the get go, and actually, if you look at what has been achieved since he actually took office, absolutely nothing of any use has occurred, be enacted, or come about. All he has managed to do, is send umpteen tweets which have done nothing other than confirm his dedication to lies, obstruction, propaganda and double dealing. That is ALL he has achieved.

You want to talk about kicking cans down the road? How about failing entirely to acknowledge the existence of climate change, and appointing a man who wanted the entire EPA shut down to be its head, just to make sure that NOTHING changes, that NO improvements to environmental policy or responsibility, are made during this presidency, and ensuring by so doing that a greater amount of money will have to be spent, and a greater hardship inflicted on business and individuals alike in the future, to account for the lost time? How about failing to compose a reasonable replacement for the ACA and the Payment Protection initiative, failing so terribly that the house had to form a bill in its place, which even HE referred to as mean, meanwhile allowing the entire insurance infrastructure of the country to collapse and fragment, to the detriment of EVERY person actually using healthcare services in the country?

What about the ban on Muslims, that he claimed was not a ban, despite Tweeting that it is a ban, which has been back and forth through the courts, costing a great deal of money and thus far achieving absolutely nothing, while blocking up the time those courts have to actually deal with other business? What about that? Not a can kicker? Are you serious?

I have no love for professional politicians in the traditional sense, but there is a vast difference between not being a professional politician, and have NO BLOODY IDEA HOW GOVERNMENT WORKS! Trump has done absolutely nothing so far, other than prove that he has no idea how the law, or for that matter how the government he campaigned so hard to lead, actually bloody well functions! Look at how he "handled" the Comey situation! No finesse, no patience, no understanding of what it would actually mean for his reputation to fire the man, while he was in the midst of an investigation into Trumps associations! No regard whatever for the legal ramifications what so ever. He could have been impeached and investigated for obstruction of justice, and all it would have taken, is a slight shift in position from some of the key figures in the Republican Party and otherwise, and he would already be undergoing impeachment procedures!

He is the most irresponsible, clueless individual you could possibly hope to have in the job, but people think he is going to save America and make it great again? I have news for you. He has no hope of doing it, lacks the capacity!

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Climate change is a scam to put in a global tax that will usurp your national rights. Put more money into the organized Pedophiles hands. I love the way Trump is handling that. Only Europe, Australia and America have to follow the rules. China and other gross polluters make no sacrifices. Just another sinister Soros plot to Bankrupt the West.

Oh. And how is it over their with all those wonderful Muslims?

We're trying to save you little Dodo birds over there in what used to be Europe. We see the results of the Jihadists flooding into your country.

Trump should be what you model all your politicians from. You should emulate him and be thankful to him.

edit on 5-7-2017 by Doctor Smith because: more ideas

edit on 5-7-2017 by Doctor Smith because: more brilliant thoughts

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Now about the Cannabis. I expect Trump to at least not interfere with States rights. I'm hoping Trump will put an end to this BS schedule 1 Cannabis fraud. I want to be able to smoke it away from work even with a safety job.

Good luck to any anti cannabis politicians getting elected in the future.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 08:47 AM
link   

I can only speak for myself, but I have many Muslim customers, and I frequent establishments run by people from all over the world, have Muslim neighbours, Sikh, Hindu, Buddhist, and know the difference too... And I fear none of them, and hate none of them.

Do you know why? Because I know better than to make assumptions about people based on their faith, because I make value judgements about people based on their conduct as individuals, the only acceptable measure of these things, not based on some superficiality they have in common with a small minority of sociopaths. And as for what you expect of Trump, appointing Sessions means that he has already interfered with states rights, by appointing an anti-cannabis, pro big tobacco shill as the top man in justice in the country, a man who is also a friend to the private prison industry.

Good luck to anti-cannabis politicians elected in the future? They will be appointed as long as your golden idol is in power! Trump is not fit to suck the sweat out of my underwear, leave alone base a political system on. That would be like leaving a three year old in charge of a nuclear power plant, a three year old with his hands tied together that is.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 11:10 PM
link   

I've had Muslims sleep over at my house before. They're ok as individuals. But if you don't want them to put in a dictatorship you had better not let them out number you. You'll be back in the dark ages.

Trump gets things done if he wants. He's not a wimp. Obama failed to take Cannabis off schedule 1. I figure with Trump we have someone for once that isn't a bought off whore. He might just do it and make America better than ever again.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 11:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Doctor Smith
Now about the Cannabis. I expect Trump to at least not interfere with States rights. I'm hoping Trump will put an end to this BS schedule 1 Cannabis fraud. I want to be able to smoke it away from work even with a safety job.

Good luck to any anti cannabis politicians getting elected in the future.

Several U.S. Senators sent a letter to Jeff Sessions this week, regarding hemp pilot programs..

""WASHINGTON, D.C. – Recently, U.S. Senators Rand Paul (R-KY), Jeff Merkley (D-OR), Ron Wyden (D-OR), Al Franken (D-MN), and Michael Bennet (D-CO) urged Attorney General Jeff Sessions to address their constituents’ concerns regarding the hemp industry’s access to financial services by confirming the Department of Justice will respect Congress’ recent actions on industrial hemp pilot programs.""

The Letter: www.paul.senate.gov...

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 10:19 AM
link   

You have not been paying attention in the slightest, clearly.

The moves being made on the federal level at the moment indicate that Sessions, remember, an appointee trusted by Trump to manage the affairs of the department he has been placed at the top of, is intending to recommence prosecutions against people on the basis of their involvement with marijuana related businesses. He sent a letter to congress asking them to omit a three year old ban on using federal money to prosecute people involved in marijuana businesses, in states where the drug is legal.

That is to say, that Sessions, and therefore Trump, is preparing to start prosecuting people living in weed legal states, for engaging in activity which is entirely legal, in those states. So your comments regarding Trump and the status of weed and weed users, growers and distributors, are demonstrably either just a product of not having access to information, or worse, a lack of willingness to engage with the information which is out there, on what is actually going on in the world, either locally, nationally, or globally.

And with regard to Trump "Getting things done if he wants"... What, like getting his version of the Healthcare reforms through congress?? Give me a break. The man can barely pass wind without a PA to hold his nose for him, leave alone get a measure to pass through congress!

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   

It's you that hasn't been paying attention. We've been watching Sessions out of the corner of our eyes. Trump has not funded Sessions to go into legal Cannabis states and bust businesses. So it's unlikely anything is going to get any worse than with Obama.

Obama failed to legalize Cannabis. Dispensaries were raided by Feds.

Obama allowed Feds to basically raid and rob High End Cannabis growers in CA

I'm not aware of any dispensaries being raided with Trump in the White house. Are you? So far only fear mongering from the leftist nut jobs.

edit on 12-7-2017 by Doctor Smith because: added links

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 06:32 AM
link   

There is a difference between observing and actually seeing.

You are not seeing what is really happening, because you refuse to believe it is happening. Were you looking at matters objectively, you would be seeing the problems that are clear and present in the administration and the Presidency, rather than remaining willfully ignorant of them.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 03:56 AM
link   

I think you're jumping to the wrong conclusions. Sessions was put into place because he is a competent prosecutor that will follow the law. If the politicians decide to do the right thing and decriminalize cannabis Sessions will follow that also. At the present time the Federal laws are unjust and biased against cannabis. The cannabis laws are designed to protect profits for the pharmaceuticals and other industries.

You just don't know how lucky you are that Trump won the election. Against all the criminal politicians in the United States. And the globalist worldwide that have caused most of the problems and threats we are now experiencing.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Sessions will follow the law, and at present there is only an anti-pot, not a pro-legalisation senate and congress behind the current production and publication of new law, that is a Republican controlled government, whose major elements are made up of those who either own, or own shares and interests in private prisons, and keeping them full, or those who owe a favour to those who own these systems.

Sessions himself and his cronies benefit from private prisons, and therefore it is unfathomable to me that anyone really believes that either the senate, the congress or any element of the current federal government, is going to be adding a decriminalisation bill to the run of things traveling through the system, during this administration.

It is not an understatement to suggest that anyone who believes this is a genuine possibility under this administration, has suffered a total and catastrophic failure of their critical reasoning capacity, which is only outshone in scale and depth by that which lead them to vote for the President in the first place.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Doctor Smith

I think you're jumping to the wrong conclusions. Sessions was put into place because he is a competent prosecutor that will follow the law. If the politicians decide to do the right thing and decriminalize cannabis Sessions will follow that also. At the present time the Federal laws are unjust and biased against cannabis. The cannabis laws are designed to protect profits for the pharmaceuticals and other industries.

You just don't know how lucky you are that Trump won the election. Against all the criminal politicians in the United States. And the globalist worldwide that have caused most of the problems and threats we are now experiencing.

Uhhh

He was put in place because he was the first supporter of Donald Trump. His competency as a lawyer can't necessarily be rebuked but his ideology can.

A race car driver is a competent driver, but he can still make bad decisions and crash and burn.

The argument you presented doesn't follow a logical conclusion about his choice of prosecutions and methodology.

Ps how did Donald Trump the oligarch globalist convince you he was an outsider?
edit on 18-7-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 01:47 AM
link   
a reply to: luthier

He was put in place because he was the first supporter of Donald Trump. His competency as a lawyer can't necessarily be rebuked but his ideology can.

He showed he's not %100 bad by having a spine and supporting Trump.

Ps how did Donald Trump the oligarch globalist convince you he was an outsider?

I don't know how anyone can consider Trump a globalist (centralized control). For starters.................

(1) He was on the Alex Jones show while running for President. Info Wars is anti-globalist and they endorse Trump. Career globalist political douches would never go on Info Wars in a million years.

(2) Trump has gotten us out of the carbon taxes. Which would be the tax base of the new world order globalists.

(3) Instead of making harmful decisions behind our backs with elite globalists. Trump is looking out for Americas interests and doing the right thing for all parties involved.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Oh I see. You believe Alex Jones.

Enough said.

Trump is literally an elite globalist. Carbon taxes? Trump has done no such thing.

Time to do more reading and less info wars.

Info wars in case you didn't know is a scam. It has been for a long long time. Alex may have started put OK but he is sham.

Trump is an oligarch, he is into anything that expands his own power. His form of social engineering is just as bad.

posted on Jul, 22 2017 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

Oh I see. You oppose Alex Jones. You must follow your marching orders from Soros - Obama - Hillary Clinton.

Enough said.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Oh, I see.

There are only two choices in your mind.

Enough said.

By the way I am a libertarian so no, I don't take orders or follow leaders. I use my own mind to weed through all the sensationalism.

posted on Jul, 23 2017 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Aren't there studies saying how despite less people smoking more smokers are dying from cancer?

Probably because of all the chemicals they have to put in the paper and tobacco so people stop burning down their homes when they fall asleep with a lit cigarette.

I find it amusing that people like Jeff Sessions and other lawmakers that are pro-prohibition completely ignore alcohol prohibition and all the problems it caused. Then again I guess it depends upon what you are trying to accomplish.

I think Sessions being against cannabis has more to do with how he was raised than any political or monetary gain. The big corporate interests padding his pockets are just perks of his political positions.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   

In this post you have shown yourself up.

There are, in all things, third ways. Failure to support Donald Trump does not make one a Soros shill. Failing to accept Alex Jones as a voice of reason (because he is an unreasonable oaf), does not make one a globalist advocate.

All these things, in and of themselves can tell you about a person, is whether or not you agree with them, on the specific matters of Donald Trump's legitimacy as a political entity, and Alex Jones' legitimacy as a source of information. It can tell you precisely NOTHING else, without far more data.

Unfortunately for you, your response to criticism of your golden idols, has provided extra information on you. For example, aside from knowing that I disagree with you about Alex Jones and Trump, I also know that you and I operate on different intellectual levels entirely. For example, you jump to conclusions about people with an improper level of information about them, and make judgements based on your incomplete, possibly non-existent understanding of them. This habit is not often taken up by wise persons, and has been known to get people who have that tendency, into enormous amounts of trouble, placing them in all manner of danger, from the financial to the mortal.

As luthier pointed out, you believe that matters only have two sides, you have a monochromatic, black and white view of the world around you, and goings on within it. You can deny it now if you like, but that would make a nonsense of your previous post, perhaps several of your posts over recent months, since this habitual resorting to binary decision making in a scenario in which it is inappropriate, is a common theme with you. This indicates either an inability or unwillingness to engage in nuanced thinking, both of which tell a person a great deal about the mind engaging in this folly. Namely, the thinking they are engaging with is not of an adequate power, depth, or granularity, to be effective at making good choices about their own future, the future of their nation, or indeed the future of the human race, and may not even be properly aware of the implications of their actions, either in the short, the medium or long term, precisely because they lack the processing power or the willingness to engage higher functions, to consider the ramifications of over simplifying everything, leave alone successfully avoid doing so.

This must not continue, unless what you desire, is to be factually incorrect about everything, all of the time.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join