It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof Beloved Disciple is Simon Peter

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I am actually shocked right now because it's so obvious that not noticing before is embarrassing. And I am not even a Christian.

But I will prove forthwith what I said is true.

John 21:15 "Jesus and Peter"

When they had finished breakfast, Jesus said to Simon Peter," Simon son of John, do you love me more than these​?" He said to him, "Yes lord; you know that I love you."

Jesus said to him, ''Feed my lambs."

16. A second time he said to him, "Simon, son of John, do you love me?" He said to him, "Yes, lord; you know that I love you." Jesus said to him, "Tend my sheep."

17. Be said to him the third time, Simon, son of John, do you love me?"

Peter felt hurt because of the third time, "Do you love me?" And he said to him, "Lord, you know everything; you know that I love you." Jesus said to him, "Feed my sheep."

18. Very truly I tell you when you were younger, you used to fasten your own belt and to go wherever you wished. But when you grow old you WILL STRETCH OUT YOUR HANDS, and someone else will fasten a belt around you and take you where you do not wish to go."

19. And he said this to indicate the kind of death by which he would glorify God. After this he said to him "Follow me."

Can we all agree on a few things real quick?

Simon Peter was son of Jonah, not John, Yonah and Yohann aren't that close to where scribal error can be blamed in an inspired text, in the NRSV which tells me the MS. tradition is unanimous on this as they point out when it isn't.

That this must be explained.

3 times asking Peter "Do you love me" is not for no reason and the reason (at least give me that it's plausible) is the 3 denials of Peter are called attention to by this.

That Peter's crucifixion is prophecied is actually in the text, that it's never noticed or at least discussed but ''stretch out your arms" "fasten a belt around you and take you..." is describing his upside down crucifixion.

"Jesus and the beloved disciple."

20. Peter turned and saw the beloved disciple whom Jesus loved following them; he was the one who had reclined next to Jesus at the supper and had said, "Lord, who is it that is going to betray you?"

THAT WAS PETER!!!!

John 13:21 ...."Very truly I tell you, one will betray me." 22. The disciples looked around at one another, uncertain of whom he was speaking. 23. One of his disciples---the one whom Jesus loved----was reclining next to him;...

Simon Peter therefore motioned to him to ask Jesus of whom he was speaking.

"...disciple he whom Jesus loved....; he was the one that said "Lord, who is it that is going to betray you." (as just quoted in full above)

Ok. That's proof. And I don't mean to be arrogant but if nobody can prove that I am not the first person to figure this out, I am. I don't doubt someone else has but damn Christians you've been saying forever John was the beloved disciple, Gospel of John.

The whole time Peter revealed to you he wrote it and nobody knows?

24.This IS THE DISCIPLE WHO IS TESTIFYING TO THESE THINGS AND HAS WRITTEN THEM, AND WE KNOW THAT 'HIS' TESTIMONY IS TRUE.

He said it in the third person but there is absolutely no doubt he is saying he is the beloved disciple, that's Peter, and that was the least cryptic thing he just did.

Proven by the fact that nobody noticed for 2,000 years apparently until today.

I would be relieved to find out I didn't just figure this out first, I really would.

Really Christians???? It's not that cryptic! I know someone who didn't pay attention will argue otherwise but I will not entertain such absurd denials of clearly written statements, even if it is cryptic it's not complex, he factually stated his identity and both clearly and in riddles.
edit on 1-7-2017 by Disturbinatti because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Disturbinatti
20. Peter turned and saw the beloved disciple whom Jesus loved following them;

Now please complete the task by identifying the disciple who was carrying around the full-length mirror (a noble, self-sacrificial duty).
There must have been one, obviously, so that Peter could turn and look round and see himself.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

It's called a parable. It wasn't incomplete.

The whoke I thing is strange but gives a clue and answer.

Task completed.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Disturbinatti

For 2000 years... Men becalled Christians of all denominations... failed miserably to learn... that the Lord our God buried himself in a debt so profound and majestic... it served all save one. Jesus.
Abraham was asked to sacrifice Isaac the infant. And Abraham did. Only that the angel stopped him.
This was an arrogance of God. An unholy arrogance... as Isaac was the only son and heir of Abraham and Sarai. His first born. With Ishmael being nothing at all to God. This is debt. And to witness the calamity that was jesus' time is an awesome inspiring notion. For the Lord does pay in full his servant. Jesus was not a gift... But rather a debt paid in full. Arrogance is my Lord's sin. And Jesus died for all of ours that we may yet enter in unto the kingdom. Sin. My Lord is arrogant. Always was... And always will be.

The point of this post is this:

"The Lord Our God Is Honest In Good Faith!"

Weights & Measures... Cryptic but true.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI

originally posted by: Disturbinatti
20. Peter turned and saw the beloved disciple whom Jesus loved following them;

Now please complete the task by identifying the disciple who was carrying around the full-length mirror (a noble, self-sacrificial duty).
There must have been one, obviously, so that Peter could turn and look round and see himself.

How juvenile!

I figured out something no Christian ever did and you nitpick about cryptic statements obviously meant to confuse you and that successfully​ did for 2,000 years.

Peter asked the question that is the answer to the question of who is the beloved Disciple. Which is whoever asked "Who will betray..."

Tell me otherwise.

Your confusion isn't on me never was either.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Pinocchio

K. Well I am more interested in the fact that it's revealed to Christians that Peter wrote the Gospel of John in it.

And that they don't know.

Hilarious!!!

And I know anyone would be excited to be tentatively the first to figure something out and I am.

Especially since I am a Muslim!!!

Salaam. Allahu Akbar/God is Greatest and One God.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 04:50 PM
link   

He is pointing out that Peter (1st person if you will)
Turned and saw the beloved disciple ( 3rd person if you will)

So unless he was looking in a mirror (which he wasnt) the beloved disciple wasnt in fact Peter.

Pretty clear really.

Course I think it was Mary Magdalene...but thats a different thread

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket

He is pointing out that Peter (1st person if you will)
Turned and saw the beloved disciple ( 3rd person if you will)

So unless he was looking in a mirror (which he wasnt) the beloved disciple wasnt in fact Peter.

Pretty clear really.

Course I think it was Mary Magdalene...but thats a different thread

You obviously missed the question that reveals who is the beloved disciple.

I suggest you go read it again because... it's Peter.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

The question who asked who will betray Jesus pbuh is what revealed the identity and that was said in the same book and it's Peter.

Denying a positive identification because you didn't get a parable...bad strategy.

You are not doing Christianity any favors.

Do you know what proof is?

If 'John' said "Whoever asked 'Who will betray..." Jesus pbuh and it says in 'John' it's Peter your rationale for denying it is comical.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 04:58 PM
link   

How would you explain Peter turning around and seeing the beloved was following them?
edit on 1-7-2017 by BlueJacket because: sp

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket

How would you explain Peter turning around and seeing the beloved was following them?

It's a parable.

Jesus pbuh told parables and had a conversation with Peter right before it was revealed.

He called him "Son of John.''

Peter is a son of Jonah.

The parable of the 'mirror' is further confirmation of the identity and you are using it wrong.

He doesn't see the b.d. he IS the b.d.

Even more hilarious!!!

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I dont understand what the big revelation is you are trying to reveal

Of course Peter is the beloved disciple, isnt this known?

Peter is the Rock on which he will build his church...

Where did you get that the beloved disciple was John?

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 05:05 PM
link   

You seem really agitated...seeing as how Im not a Christian and dont really care Ill just leave your little rant. Have fun berating people.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Now answer my question.

Why, since I revealed the identity of someone you didn't know the identity of are you trying to deny it on grounds that can't contradict a positive identification?

And one was definitely made. The question is who...? Whoever "who'' is, is the b.d.

"Who" is Peter.

What's the problem, don't know what a parable is?

Even still it's a positive identification so denying it because you can't understand what he means just means you don't understand, not that the identification wasn't positively made.

It was.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Deflect your agitation all you like it won't do anything to me, I am not.

Except confirm YOUR frustrating inability to fathom this.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 05:13 PM
link   

If you were smart you would use it at your next Bible study and wow everyone.

If you had a sense of honor you'd thank me.

At least acknowledge I did find something that nobody knows that anyone has shown me or I've heard myself.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Lucidparadox

Peter wrote the Gospel of John.

That's big.

I don't understand why you can't understand without further explanation.

I fully explained everything, clear as day.

But no, that Peter wrote the Gospel of John isn't big news to Christianity, that's logical!

Sarcasm.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lucidparadox
I dont understand what the big revelation is you are trying to reveal

Of course Peter is the beloved disciple, isnt this known?

Peter is the Rock on which he will build his church...

Where did you get that the beloved disciple was John?

If the Gospel of John is written by Peter who I just showed you is the b.d. how is it you can ask me "isn't it well known."

Or "Where did you get John was the beloved disciple."

Because Gospel of John was written by the beloved disciple as it says itself Christians think it's John.

Peter actually wrote it says the so called Gospel of John.

These tedious unnecessary over explanations of simple logic need to stop. So people can you try and understand the words I wrote?

They are in English and good, clear easy to understand English.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 05:41 PM
link   
It would help you if you sounded less aggressive about it.

You could also say what version of the Bible you used and if you made research/comparisons with the original text, see if there were ambiguities that could make a translation erroneous, and thus helping proving your point.

There are different versions and many interpretations; you haven't opened an easy door. If you feel you are right, take the time explaining in details.

Teaching is hard and needs lots of patience.
edit on 1-7-2017 by NowanKenubi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 05:43 PM
link   
The beloved disciple of Jesus was James his brother. Or half brother if you will.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join