It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Never Get A Root Canal

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: silo13
a reply to: ANNED

My dentist hates me too.

I use a syringe and wash the tooth out with bleach.

Then load with ambesol and some cotton.

After that a temporary tooth filling agent you can get from pharmacies and top it off with super glue.

Last longer than anything they can do for me.

You put bleach and superglue in your mouth? Jesus man... I'm not sure how react... Except for some reason I really want to know what area you live in, or were raised in. I guess I kinda want to know, like, who does this kind of #? Did you come from the bookdocks of Appalachia, or, some quasi-condemned tenement in Detroit or New York? Or some other place entirely, like, I dunno... Mexico? Syria maybe? Chernobyl?

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
I think the key is like anything - find a good dentist who cares about what he's doing.

Yeah, the current setup makes it kind of hard to get to know the person who you're supposed to trust with your life.

A lot of times, it could be that, for example, with the OP, if he had came across his dentist at a starbucks or somewhere and spent 5, 10 or 15 minutes getting to know them, before they were aware you would be their patient, you never know, maybe he (op) would've walked away from that meeting thinking "uh yeah, there's no way in Hell I'm letting that psychopath touch mouth!"

But, we don't normally get the opportunity to assess the very person who has our health, our life, our future, our livelihood, perhaps, in the case of extreme unending pain, our very Will To Live, in their hands...

Odd, that.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Yep, the dentists only parrot what that they were taught in school....

Oil huh?.....I use oregano oil for just two or three minutes and it kills all the bacillus bacteria.....do that once every two months.....follow after ten minutes.....the bacillus crack open dead after ten minutes....then ya kill the eggs....

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

The same formula under different, more expensive brand is used by dentists for just that - for root disinfection.
Sodium hypochlorite is still better than sugar. Eating sugar? Where do you live?

Sodium chlorite aka MSM is even safer. Have I heard vodka? What about making a proper mouthwash from it? The one from Infowars with colloidal silver looks really good. I'm using my own made of some Listerine. I add xylitol and some essential oils.
Xylitol is great. Bacteria eats it but it can't digest it and dies. What a great tool made of a birch tree.
edit on 2/7/2017 by PapagiorgioCZ because: filled out

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I have had three. First one, was just awful. Dentist drilled out the RC, and then sealed it over and gave me another appointment three weeks later.

The end of week one, I started noticing the pressure buildup under the sealed area.

By the third week, I couldn't sleep, the pressure behind the seal was unbearable. The dentist refused to change my appointment, "he was booked solid".

My dad finally took me for my appointment. I literally sat in the chair and BEGGED him to drill it open.

When he hit it with the drill, it literally exploded with puss, the look on his face was priceless as he tried to dodge the spray, which he didn't do and it literally sprayed his entire chest area, I literally fell asleep and woke up when he said he was done. I had that taste in my mouth for MONTHS. He stuck me on massive antibiotics. That tooth is fine today, but that was an experience like nothing else in my life.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

Grew up in a mid-size town. While not everyone knew everyone, we did get to know our doctor and dentist decently well.

My dentist knew I was a tender mouth for example and never did anything on me without using both gas and the cold stuff before giving a shot. Then after the shot took effect, he'd crank down the gas and he always went to work quickly and efficiently with no muss, no fuss.

He even let me go down to one filling in high school with just gas on request because I didn't want to have the residual of novacaine when I went back to school. So I know what it's like to have a minor filling done under just gas. I went through it once and I'm not sure I'd do it again, but I do know what it's like.

edit on 2-7-2017 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   
This has been an interesting read! I used to have great teeth - until I hit about 45. Never had a cavity, and even had my wisdom teeth all in and functional. Then was put on heavy duty pain meds due to an old car accident injuries. The dry mouth was/is AWFUL! Have had several pulled, had root canals, etc. My dentist says she has never seen someone get cavities in weird places like me, all due to my dry mouth. We have well water, and wants my family to use a special Rx floride toothpaste. Still on the fence about that one - I've got to find out if it still has negative effects if you don't actually ingest it ( if anyone knows, please pm me). The oil draw sounds interesting - will need to try it.

Anywhooo, OP, sorry for all of this! Hopefully some of the suggestions here can help with any future issues.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Lolliek

I have some lousy teeth....and my doctor also prescribed the Rx fluoride toothpaste.
You're supposed to brush with it twice a day, and then not eat or drink for at least a half hour.
I don't like the stuff...and used it about once a day.
I like you worry about the excess fluoride....

I did find this stuff.... Tooth Builder
Only been using it since I was having brushing issues after my extraction, but is seems to be good stuff.....we'll see when I go to the dentist in a couple of weeks.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: BigBangWasAnEcho

I went to get a tooth pulled that the filling fell out that got infected and my dentist said he no longer did extractions but would do a root canal so after paying about 500 out of pocket and going through the procedure I come to find out my dental doesn't cover crowns and that would be another 500 out of pocket so for 20 years I went around with this tooth stump. About 2 years ago I went in to get a tooth pulled that. Had broke dentist referred me to oral surgeon in his building this guy was a foreigner who said he needed to remove a couple other teeth beside the broken one so I give him the 1100 dollars up front he asks for and they have me sign a consent form while I am in chair waiting for valiumt to kick in when I wake up I find my self in walmart parking lot my mom tells me to wait in car while she goes inside to get my prescription I say OK. I am very groggy but I am wondering why I am wearing surgical mask. So I remove this mask and find I have blood coming out of mouth quite profusely and realize this quack took out way more than the three he said. In all he stole 9 teeth out of my head I could have bled to death in the car the reason he did what he did was because he found my insurance would pay him several hundred dollars per tooth and its why they had me sign a consent form while I was going under they knew I wouldn't pay much attention to it saying they might remove more if they thought it need to be done. Youbgot to be very careful with dentist in america because industry is poorly regulated. The reason you had so much trouble with yours was first guy screwed it up and after that other guys didn't want to touch it because they don't want to get hit with malpractice for someone else's FUBAR. I pray they fix whatever ailment they caused you. My only lasting trauma was learning how to talk with 9fewer teeth forv the longest time I sounded like mush mouth because guyvhad maxed out my insurance removing the teethbso I couldn't get bridgework because I couldn't act rd it

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Well, you had a terrible experience with root canal. You seem to have put up with pain and other complications for so long and I'm sure that couldn't have helped things along (in reference to the original poster)

I have had the opposite experience. Like others on here I have a immune related illness which is crippling. One day very suddenly I woke up with tremendous pain down the side of my face, it actually looked as though I'd suffered a stroke as everything seized up on that side. I was taking oxy and naproxen for the pain (prescribed them anyway) but it barely touched it, in the end I ended up chewing on cloves and it was blessed relief but somewhat short lived.

The next day I went to the dentist. In the UK they prefer to pull teeth, it's quick and with ques of people on standby by extractions it's profitable. After x-ray they confirmed a nasty infection in one of my molars and gum. I asked for a root canal as I'd prefer to save the tooth if possible. The appointment would take a good hour and a half (in that time I dare say half dozen extractions could be done at £20 each whereas route canal would cost £55) and I'd have to come back for another hour to have it finished when the infection was gone.

As soon as the dentist got rid of the nerves the pain was replaced by such relief I almost cried. They scrapped out the canal and as much infected material as possible, filled it with antibiotic gauze and temporarily capped it. Put me on a course of antibiotics. The next week xrayed, removed cap, scraped it all out again and performed the rest of the procedure.

Now.. I did have to go back again for a further bit of work as she wasn't happy with the x-ray and had to redo one of the canals, but since then I've had no issues whatsoever. I take vitamin D as I'm deficient and use a calcium toothpaste, I don't know if this has helped but my tooth remains the same colour as the others - I know theres a risk of it going black as it's dead. But several years on its still good.

So. In the UK the biggest profit for NHS dentists is extractions as more can be done. I took up around 3.5 hours of a dentists time and it cost no more than £55! Well worth it if you ask me and don't want to loose teeth and associated gum shrinkage and movement.
edit on 2-7-2017 by ObsidianEclipse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Lyme-like dead teeth, they like implants and the front teeth best.
Look up Lyme and dental health or Lyme symptoms.

Life Cycle and Attack of Oral Spirochetes
Now, let’s look at a model for oral spirochetes. These very aggressive creatures multiply by the trillions in the crevice between the tooth and gum, where they are fed constantly by the fluid coming from the blood inside the body which leaks out constantly due to improper oral hygiene. These bacteria can go through the skin of the gums just like the syphilis spirochete goes through the skin of the genitals

martinimplants.com...

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I had a cavity in my early teens, the rookie dentist nicked the nerve, 15 years later the nerve was dead but festering, I had this huge abscissas on my gums that I had to keep popping, but I was living with it, then one day my whole face swelled up and I got blood poisoning, I found out as I went to the doctor it was this tooth causing it, and they sent me to an endodontist to have a root canal, it was either that or have the tooth pulled, but they said I was young enough that it was wroth saving.

I have been ok since then and that was 20 years ago, sounds like you had a bad dentist, I really hate going to the dentist even for a basic cleaning

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 12:09 AM
link   
a reply to: scojakThat's right DR Price's would take a piece of a kidney cancer patients tooth and put in under a rabbits skin and presto the rabbit has kidney cancer. Dr Price said 98% of cancer patients have had one or more Root canals. It's the biggest cash cow for dentists. First you get the mercury fillings which out gas when you chew (love the mercury gas) . The fillings and saliva act as a battery setting up a current that can be measured. Over time the fillings expand cracking the teeth( how convenient) and then you need an RC. Never ever get an RC it traps anaerobic bacteria have it pulled and get an implant.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 04:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: GBP/JPY
Yep, the dentists only parrot what that they were taught in school....

Oil huh?.....I use oregano oil for just two or three minutes and it kills all the bacillus bacteria.....do that once every two months.....follow after ten minutes.....the bacillus crack open dead after ten minutes....then ya kill the eggs....

With fire and plenty of it!

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 05:16 AM
link   
That sounds awful and if being honest a dentist said I need root canal i'll say hell no , its my tooth and I want it out !

whats the deal with fillings , are they full of heavy metals and toxic metals , my girlfriend seems to think its full of mercury

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   
There are 25 million root canals done PER YEAR. The vast majority of them come out just fine. I had one several years ago and it saved the tooth. Just like a crown, they are not much fun, but I felt no excessive pain at all. To suggest that because YOU had problems that EVERYONE needs to avoid them is really silly. It's not all about you. If you want t look like a hillbilly with lots of missing teeth, go right ahead, but don't expect the rest of the world to fall off the cliff with you.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: fredrodgers1960
I have had three. First one, was just awful. Dentist drilled out the RC, and then sealed it over and gave me another appointment three weeks later.

The end of week one, I started noticing the pressure buildup under the sealed area.

By the third week, I couldn't sleep, the pressure behind the seal was unbearable. The dentist refused to change my appointment, "he was booked solid".

My dad finally took me for my appointment. I literally sat in the chair and BEGGED him to drill it open.

When he hit it with the drill, it literally exploded with puss, the look on his face was priceless as he tried to dodge the spray, which he didn't do and it literally sprayed his entire chest area, I literally fell asleep and woke up when he said he was done. I had that taste in my mouth for MONTHS. He stuck me on massive antibiotics. That tooth is fine today, but that was an experience like nothing else in my life.

Dude, kill that dentist, or just pay me the airplane, I'll come and do it for you! He has no #ing right to keep you 3 weeks after opening your tooth. The maximum is 3 days or so, then it should be re-opened and cleaned with chemicals if you have to wait more. What a son of a bitch! He could at least tell you to go and see other dentist as he's so much booked...

# that retards...

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
There are 25 million root canals done PER YEAR. The vast majority of them come out just fine. I had one several years ago and it saved the tooth. Just like a crown, they are not much fun, but I felt no excessive pain at all. To suggest that because YOU had problems that EVERYONE needs to avoid them is really silly. It's not all about you. If you want t look like a hillbilly with lots of missing teeth, go right ahead, but don't expect the rest of the world to fall off the cliff with you.

Nevermind I am compassionate to the OP, I must agree with you. I have four saved teeth by this procedure. I was told by the dentists about the complications that might occur. I had to sign even a paper with the second dentist about: "it's not his fault if something goes wrong". I would just advise people to find a good dentist when it comes to tooth fixing. I was very widely explained as well why it's dangerous to pull out specific teeth. It might be the better variant to heal the teeth instead.

And try to skip the antibiotics if there is not big infection. I took antibiotics for four days for my last fix, and I tell you, I ain't taking that crap again even if I am about to die...

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 11:40 AM
link   
just read about mini implants. they are non surgical and can be placed in one day. basically snap in dentures,and can be done with individual teeth as well. OP get your mouth fixed. pull all ya teeth and do that. th emini implants are way better than the full size ones apparently because you dont lose as much bone o rneed implants of bone to build up your jawbone.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: BigBangWasAnEcho

Umm..
Told my wife " Nurse for 10 years your story"
She said:
All the effects you are describing are the symptoms of the pet antibiotics overdose..
You are killing all the healthy cells in your body using antibiotics over such long time
And being pet antibiotics does not help either.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join