It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mandela Effect - Proof - Brenden Urie Openly Blames Song Change On Mandela Effect

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 07:26 AM
link   
It's not misheard lyrics - the song writer says it changed.

The song writer says he doesn't have any explanation other than the Mandela Effect.

Are you telling the song writer he's mandating his own song? lol

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 07:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pearj
It's not misheard lyrics - the song writer says it changed.

The song writer says he doesn't have any explanation other than the Mandela Effect.

Are you telling the song writer he's mandating his own song? lol

Why does it matter that HE thinks people not knowing the intended original lyric is due to ME and not due to simply mishearing it or repeating what others have misheard? What makes him an expert on what is ME and what isn't?

Urie IS NOT saying that he wrote and recorded it one way, but that writing and recording mysteriously changed; he isn't saying that at all.

Please show me a place where Brenden Urie said "I remember writing and recording 'the goddamn door', but my recording and the original piece of paper on which I wrote the lyric now mysterious says 'a goddamndoor'"

That's not what he is saying. He is only saying that other people think the lyrics are different -- which as I said, could easily be attributed to misheard lyrics, whether or not Urie thinks it was ME.

edit on 2017/7/31 by Box of Rain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Box of Rain

Already did show you - go back and watch the video.

:-)

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Pearj

Yet another example of a poster with confirmation bias that is not worth arguing with.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

Good point.. but they're wanting a strategic "last word" - thinking I'll move on and forget about this thread.

I think their goal is so new people to the ME read the last post almost like "there's nothing to see here, ME is fake" (thereby more likely to discount their experiences).

Of course I don't mind posting and keeping the thread alive - it bumps it every time and gives new folks a chance to see it!

The Mandela Effect is real - and bumping threads serves my goal of introducing and getting people talking about the ME.. and possibly helping someone just finding out about it who's freaking out a little.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 08:30 AM
link   

I was actually talking about YOU being the poster with confirmation bias that wasn't worth arguing with.

ME is not real.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 08:43 AM
link   

I think their goal is so new people to the ME read the last post almost like "there's nothing to see here, ME is fake" (thereby more likely to discount their experiences).

yes, some people are just that simple.

Its clearly visible in many threads on ATS, simple minds being manipulated by simple ideas.

Chemtrails, Flat earth, Nibiru, Galactic Federation of Light, Mandela effect.

They all have one thing in common that works on getting people hooked onto these ideas.

an ignorant audience.

each of these has their own areas of knowledge that require the audience to be ignorant of to work its magic.

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

Yeah, I figured - thought I'd have fun with it.

So... Why are you arguing with ME? lmao

;-)

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale

Ahh...

I agree that ATS can be ignorant - but doesn't that make you ignorant too?

Your serve. :-)

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy

Yet another example of a poster with confirmation bias that is not worth arguing with.

If you mean the video in the OP, then I did watch it, and that is what I am talking about.

In the video, he is only discussing the insistence from some fans that it is "the" instead of "a". He is saying that he thinks it is because of ME that some FANS remember it as "the". He did not say that he himself remembers writing it as "the" and then his officially published music mysteriously and magically changed to "a" at some point. He never said that.

His ME comment is only about what the fans remember, not about what he himself remembers.

Therefore, the explanation that some fans are mistaken is still a viable explanation, and it has nothing to do with ME -- even if Urie might think it has something to do with ME.

In this case, what he thinks about why some fans think it is "the" does not constitute evidence of ME any more than if you or I think the reason some fans thinks the lyric is "the" was due to ME.

edit on 2017/7/31 by Box of Rain because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 04:45 AM
link   

I think you misunderstood my post. ME is rubbish.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 07:52 AM
link   

but doesn't that make you ignorant too?

Ignorant of what?

I don't claim to know everything and I am ignorant of many things.

Who isn't?

Who cant accept things when shown to them, when explained to them like they are a child?

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy

I think you misunderstood my post. ME is rubbish.

Oops. I quoted the wrong post in my reply.

I meant to quote this one (hence my reference to Pearlj's video in the OP):

originally posted by: Pearj

Already did show you - go back and watch the video.

:-)

edit on 2017/8/1 by Box of Rain because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Closing the and closing a sound almost exactly the same. Sounds to me like he wrote the and someone thought it sounded like a. That's the case with almost all of these lyrics, two things that sound alike and someone gets it wrong.

Bingo. The song lyrics--even the official lyrics often included inside the jewel case--are often WRONG because the band is not personally responsible for writing those down.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join