It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oh Canada..

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 07:21 PM
link   
You know, that mysterious place hidden somewhere up north that you hear about (aboot?) in fairy tales that is filled with Eskimos that drink syrup inside their igloos, men in checkered shirts that fish for beaver and ride on moose, weird people that like to put ketchup on their macaroni and their potato chips, where they put gravy with cheese on their fries and drink milk from plastic bags, they like to add extra letters to words and sometimes switch the letters e and r, for what reason who knows, where beer is the national drink and hockey is their national religion, and apparently the people are very polite and will smile if you make eye contact. Yeah, that place.. Well let me tell you the place does exist, the people are just as amazing - or weird - as they sound (some) and all the crazy myths you hear are true (mostly). Oh Canada.. eh?

But my oh my, how you have grown Canada.. it's become a love-hate fest with you..

I love our diversity, I love how we are the melting pot of the world. I love we can experience the mystical indigenous lands of the west, the small and humble fishing towns of the east, the cold Eskimo villages of the north, and all the mega metropolis cities in between. I hate that we have a country within the country, I think they call themselves Quebec or something, they even have their own language. I also hate the extreme social progression we are taking. Please slow down.

I love that you can take a road trip across the continent and experience everything mother nature has to offer. From the Rocky mountains in the west, to all the prairies and islands of the east, all the natural parks and untouched lands of the north and even this place called America down south. We even have a secret place called Nunavut somewhere. I hate that we have 'The Volcano of Mass Destruction' in the middle of everything and I hate that we have Alaska imprisoned somewhere up north.

I love that we get to experience all of the seasons, from a rainy and wet spring, to a blazing hot and humid summer, to a beautiful and bitter autumn, to an unbearable and bone chilling winter. I hate that everytime it's summer, everyone wishes it was winter. I hate everytime it's winter, everyone wishes it was summer. Consistency Canada, consistency.

I love that we have produced some of the greatest and most successful musical talent of this generation. From Drake, to Justin Bieber, to The Weeknd, but I hate that they don't get the respect they deserve. Must be a Canadian thing and the fact that you can't stop hearing them anytime you turn on the radio.

I love that we have Nickelback and that they trigger the rest of the world. I hate that we have Nickelback and that they trigger the rest of the world. C'mon, they aren't that bad, stop lying to yourselves!

I love the pride we Canadians have. I don't think I've ever met a Canadian that doesn't love you. Even though they laugh at us from the outside, I am proud to call you home. I persevered through the toughest of times with you and celebrated the best moments of my life with you, thank you for making me who I am today. I was born and raised with you and will likely rest my head for the final time with you..

Oh Canada, Happy 150th birthday you bastard.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

Hauppy Biurthday Caunada!

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Lol! Of course you knew exactly what that extra letter was. I'm still trying to figure out why the hell we even do it.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Whoa whoa whoa!!!
CANADIAN!

Canada spelt
C eh N eh D eh...

LOL.. I love that your geese go Hooonk Hooonk!
Rush, Bryan Adams

Love your humour.
Your Ham Bacon.

Jim Carey

Nice thread Oh you😉
edit on 30-6-2017 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 07:32 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Hauppy Biurthday Caunada!

Dude that's Fargo doe`nt ya knoe.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

Lol! The geese do go "hoonk hooonk"

Hahaha

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Many happy returns Canadia!

I saw you on South Park but down worry I won't blame you for anything. (Except you took our Richie Hawtin and gave us Biebermania). Eh.

edit on 30-6-2017 by Tulpa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 07:37 PM
link   

You realize we pronounce " EH" ay right? So you are calling us caynayday. ..

#ing hoser.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Aeshma

Sorry😆

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Canada needs to join the States, now there would be a superpower to end all superpowers.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Let me buy you a beer.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: AliensWeR

No, call any canadian american and we will kick the # out of you....

Then maybe buy you a beer.

The worst thing you can call a canadian is an american.
edit on PMAmerica/Chicago410706pm by Aeshma because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: Tulpa

I will not apologize for beiber, but I sincerely apologize for Nickelback..

link   

The geese on th bus go hoonk hoonk hoonk..
Thanks for Hockey! Thanks for Sid Crosby!
Colin Mochrie, Ryan Styles, 90's Pamela Anderson.

So much more

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aeshma
a reply to: AliensWeR

No, call any canadian american and we will kick the # out of you....

Then maybe buy you a beer.

The worst thing you can call a canadian is an american.

While apologizing profusely throughout the entire ordeal!

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Ah # you spoke the name we shall not speak. We had worked so hard to erase them from history...

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Lol! Beat you up, apologize, then buy you a beer.

So Canadian.

link   
a reply to: JinMI

Sorry

link   

😁

Why Thankyou 👍

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>