It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President’s abuse of the press is violative of his oath of office and is grounds for impeachment

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 11:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: theworldisnotenough
The press is protected by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution. Members of the press are free to criticize the government and even the President, his policies and his actions.

The press’s coverage can be “hard hitting,” and this is exactly the type of reporting that the framers of the Constitution had in mind for protections when devising the Bill of Rights.

When the press hits the President hard it’s O.K., but when the President hits back “10 times harder,” it is NOT O.K. because this is threatening, inhibiting, and controlling of the media and highly violative of the First Amendment protections for the press.

If the President engages in this type of behavior, striking back 10 times as hard, then he violates his Oath of Office to defend and protect the Constitution which includes the right of the press to criticize and call the President every name in the book and to even call his sanity into question .

The President, once more, has provided his to opponents one more point, just more grounds to be included in a draft of Articles of Impeachment.

LOL this is ridiculous. I don't like everything about Trump, but he is 100% right about the media. The outlets he has attacked have been JUSTLY attacked, ridiculed and outed. They're all liars, blatant, bold-faced liars and have been so for decades, maybe longer. It's high time they are exposed and deserve no sympathy.

From a legal standpoint, there is NOTHING Trump has done regarding the first amendment that would hold water in an impeachment proceeding. Impeachment is for "high crimes and misdemeanors" and criticism of the media doesn't come close. That is one of the biggest jokes, and one of the worst, I've heard in a long time.

He has every right to call it as he sees it when it comes to the media, just as all of us do. To say he should not do so would be an infringement of his 1st Amendment right. Becoming president doesn't mean he gave up those rights.

Besides, the media has been accountable to NO ONE forever. Now that their filth is being exposed, they should shut up and clean up their act. They are a shameful bunch and deserve nothing less than what they've already received from the president.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 01:01 AM
link   
these shmegeggles have their panties in a bunch because they've been caught with their pants down, red handed, so now it's all damage control / deflection / blame trump bush with more fabrication. Sorry your feelings got hurt when you got caught with your pants down but now karma's a bitch.
edit on 2-7-2017 by libertytoall because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 06:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: libertytoall
these shmegeggles have their panties in a bunch because they've been caught with their pants down, red handed, so now it's all damage control / deflection / blame trump bush with more fabrication. Sorry your feelings got hurt when you got caught with your pants down but now karma's a bitch.

Which shmeggles are you referring to? Trump is the one who is blaming everyone for his problems but himself. If he can't take the pressure, he can always take what's left of his marbles and go home.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

What problems are you referring to, exactly?

The only thing I see Trump lashing out at on social media is the MSM, which is indeed a problem. However, it is not a problem of his making. He's not playing their game, and not playing by their rules...and they don't like it one bit (the MSM). The thing is, they don't get to make the rules. The MSM has been allowed for far too long to think they make the rules, but they don't.

With Trump on Twitter the MSM cannot use all their editing tools to filter what he says. He's cutting out their ability to control and "engineer" the message to fit their agenda. The MSM can't stand it, it's driving them crazy; they can't get in between him and the people to slant the message. He cuts them out of the middle, and they have no way to orchestrate the game (as they shouldn't and have no right to do).

The MSM has lied and Trump has called them on it...every single time. There's no back-room negotiation, no quid pro quo, with the media...and this just thoroughly pisses the MSM off. They can't negotiate more access to certain things if they spin a story one way or the other, as they have for decades with previous administrations. Nope, Trump just unloads on them with both barrels...every time. It's refreshing actually (very), and quite frankly, it's brilliant! Just look at the changes he's brought about in the media already in the short months he's been in office! Every time the MSM tries to play off some BS...he nukes them on Twitter, before they can twist the story 16 ways from Sunday and doctor the message to lessen their exposure. He's beating them at their own game...and they know it. They're losing the battle too, and they know it.

I realize this pains many people greatly, their one seemingly 'bulletproof' ally, the media, it turns out isn't so bulletproof after all. And, as it stands right now, the wheels are falling off the MSM all while hurtling blindly toward a concrete wall at 700 mph with their hair on fire. And you can bet your sweet backside Trump won't pass up the opportunity to Tweet an "LOL" when it actually happens too!!

Just watch, it's already happening.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

What problems are you referring to, exactly?

Let's see... his campaign is being investigated by both Houses of Congress and a Special Prosecutor, many of his advisers have been forced to resign because they were discovered to be foreign agents, he has been unable to move a healthcare bill through Congress, he has alienated key allies, escalated the American presence in overseas civil wars, alienated the majority of the American electorate, been unable to get Mexico to pay for his wall (which is not being built), allowed China to become the dominant economic power on the Pacific Rim, done nothing to help coal miners, done nothing to address the "opiate epidemic," encouraged conspiracy theorists to embrace fake news while undermining the credibility of the press he will need to rely on in order to actually accomplish any of his goals... do I need to go on, or are you beginning to understand what the situation is outside Trump's head?
edit on 2-7-2017 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Yeah yeah yeah typical liberal fabrication. I'm not a republican just so you know I'm just tired of seeing the sniffling whining and LYING coming from the left.

This is you and your party. 'SNIFFLE SNIFFLE. TRUMP STOPPED OLD PEOPLE FROM GETTING TO THE DOCTOR. TRUMP CAUSED THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE TO HAVE LESS AIR TO BREATHE. TRUMP IS THE REASON MY GRASS ISN'T AS GREEN AS LAST YEAR. TRUMP MADE MY TIRES BALD. TRUMP MADE THE BATHROOM FAN SQUEEK.

Now do you get the point of how silly it all is? Anyone with an IQ above 3 can see exactly what the left is doing. They are overly emotional because they lost. Talk about sore losers with a severe case of entitlement.
edit on 2-7-2017 by libertytoall because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Wow...all that in just 6 months???? That's just tragic, huh? Would you like to throw World Hunger in there somewhere too??? Heck, why not, right? How about failing to solve the European banking crisis? Or, World Peace???

/extreme sarcasm

Some of you folks are downright funny!

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001
while undermining the credibility of the press he will need to rely on in order to actually accomplish any of his goals...

Lol I can't believe I even read this post.. It's just laughably hysteric and false but this part I quoted takes the cake.

He will need to rely on the press to accomplish any of his goals? Lol that doesn't even make the slightest of sense. It does, in a Liberal fool's mind tho I suppose.

The system lays dead on the floor. POTUS does not need the press for any of his goals because he is a different kind of president, hence why he got elected, hence why you're bonkers, hence why you're this close to pin world hunger on him.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: proteus33

The press doesn't tell lies. The president really does and says all that crap.
The press just reports it.
It's him not them

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
The press doesn't tell lies.

That sentence says more about you than you probably realize.
Comey would like to have a word with you about a certain WaPo article.

No, the press doesn't lie. It just makes honest mistakes. Hahahah!
MSM-Trump relations as of now make the "press" you hold in such high regard seem like tabloids at best. "Melania didn't hold Trumps hand! Click here to find out 10 reasons about how their marriage isn't going to last"

I think I've seen one of you weirdos saying "the right and their refusal to accept reality". I loved reading that because it emboldens how naive (and purposely deceitful) you guys are.
edit on 2-7-2017 by 1337Kph because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Edit
edit on 722017 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 08:24 AM
link   

a reply to: proteus33

The press doesn't tell lies. The president really does and says all that crap.
The press just reports it.
It's him not them

No, they just post stuff they know is untrue and 'correct' it later.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: 1337Kph

Why don't you just say direct what lies were told instead of playing flipping games?
Mr Comey wants to meet with you..Shakes head. I'm sure you're thought of as coy in your circle but your statement is actually void of any point because all you do is allude to what you think instead of presenting any facts.
Wanna try that again?

The press doesn't lie.

Come at me bro.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Bull. They don't do that. Show me one...

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 08:37 AM
link   

your statement is actually void of any point because all you do is allude to what you think instead of presenting any facts.

Why would you insist on making it look so easy?
Literally 5 seconds of google.

Should I start listing lies by the MSM? I don't think it would fit in a single post. But then you will probably throw back instances where Fox was slimy as well thinking it hurts my argument, won't you.

At this point you are either being naive (you're not) or you're doing this whole deflection (poor attempt) in order to try and move the goalposts in a page or two. You are not as cunning as you might thing, lol. Hope you're being paid for this atleast.
edit on 2-7-2017 by 1337Kph because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Bull. They don't do that. Show me one...

Done.

First I will show Democrats lying and the MSM media letting them do it with impunity, and even colluding with them to do it (yes you MSNBC).

“There are transcripts that provide very helpful, very critical insights into whether or not Russian intelligence and senior Russian political leaders including Vladimir Putin were cooperating, where colluding with the Trump campaign at the highest levels to influence the outcome of our election,” Mr. Coons told MSNBC’s Andrea Mitchell. “If that information is stonewalled or hidden away and we’re not able to get that on the Senate intelligence committee, House intelligence committee, then I think that has real consequences for our Democracy.”

Now the media.

The Patriots themselves waded into the fight Wednesday, saying the Times’ photo comparison was misleading.
"These photos lack context. Facts: In 2015, over 40 football staff were on the stairs. In 2017, they were seated on the South Lawn," their official account tweeted.

Comparable photos: The last time the #Patriots won two Super Bowls in three years, 36 players visited the White House. Today, we had 34.

thehill.com...

Politico said Trump was on his skiffer getting reports. WRONG, retracted and deleted.
www.washingtonexaminer.com...

Media claimed Trump made up lies about terrorist attacks in Sweden. LIE, Trump said no such thing. Trump referenced a show that was on the night before detailing problems Sweden was having.

AP created fake news about Trump rounding up immigrants using the national guard by using a real memo and then creating fake figures and other fake news that had nothing to do with the actual memo.
www.apnews.com...

Fake news about letting Boeing listen in to phone calls to Lockheed and Martin. But hey, lots of people saw the hit piece and only a few saw the retraction so mission accomplished.

"I tweeted a story with incorrect reading earlier. I was working and didn't note the [number] of [re-tweets]," he said. "Fine, it's a correction my original tweet was wrong. Read the story."

NYT spun fake news about Flynn saying he was being scapegoated and was proud to do it.

NYT ran a lovely hit piece talking about Trump Russian collusion and then buried at the END of the article ... THERE WAS NO COLLUSION! So WTF are you running an article talking about how these calls look like collusion when the calls are monitored and there was no collusion? That's not news, not media, that's a hit piece designed to leave the reader with an impression something is going on when the NYT knew nothing was, that's a lie.

www.nytimes.com...

MSM ran stories on how Trump's evil travel ban was responsible for Ibtihaj Muhammad being detained. OOPS, it actually happened under Obama.

Need more?

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 08:59 AM
link   
There was a funny bit two days ago about MSNBC I think, publishing someone's tweet and photoshopping the "verified" icon next to his name.
Like, if that's not the definition of fake news I don't know what is. Even the person who's tweet was published didn't understand why would they do that.

Their response was something along the lines of "The automatic API scanner made an error and that was added by mistake" - which was proven wrong because the way the icon appeared in the article's image shows it has been edited in manually.

Anyone has that? Could be funny to re-read and I can't find that at all.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 09:41 AM
link   

The silence and denial of the left is deafening!!

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: theworldisnotenough

How the living f**#! did you get so many stars?

Most news stations and ESPECIALLY CNN is not THE PRESS.

They have been proven to lie, manipulate, falsify, distort, slander, fabricate, mislead... etc.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: theworldisnotenough

ROLMFAO, It seems the fake news wimps are crying the usual ..."YOU HURT MY FEELING WITH YOUR FACTS" at Trump's tweets while at the same time destroying the credibility of all professional journalists. The main stream media has been exposed to be liars at best and state propaganda at worst. Squeal like a stuck pig because you (the MSM) threw yourself on the skewer of fakenews. Operation Mockingbird never ended .....
edit on 2-7-2017 by fnpmitchreturns because: sp

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join