It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My open letter to the MSM.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

No, you're right. But is anyone who is here, are they the target audience?

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: froglette

A very small number of folks who post here are IMO.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: eNumbra

originally posted by: EternalShadow

originally posted by: pEternalShadow

I hope you remember all the things you wrote when nothing changes at the end of Trumps Presidency.

No you don't. You're simply projecting your hopes.

Clearly you know me better than I know me, having never met me or spoken with me.

Who's projecting?

You are, and apparently you don't realize that fact. There's this thing called context. Your response implies the hope that nothing changes.

I don't need to know you or talk to you to gather that.

I hope you remember all the things you wrote when nothing changes at the end of Trumps Presidency.

See the projection now?

You speak of context, but you have to cut half the sentence out to find the definition you want.

I highlighted your intent, whether that be consciously or unconsciously. I'll go with unconsciously as you seem not to get it.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 07:55 PM
link   

No need to apologize. It's is easy to get caught in the crossfire around here.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Nice smear fail though. I must say, it never fails to put a smile on my face that cult members think I'm insulted by their insinuations that I'm a professional writer. Thanks!

I'll admit I envy your writing and technical skills. I only started writing when I joined ATS, but if I had your skills I'd be famous by now.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I did not vote for Trump. I detest him as a person and don't think he's done anything good for the US or the world in the short time he's been in office. But I have to say - that was a refreshingly honest, really non-partisan, and open message. It's actually good to get some insight from "the other side" as to their mindset. We on "this side" (I really hate calling sides) are nowhere near any of your viewpoint, but I understand why you feel the way you do. Having a message from a person, or from a family, rather than from a political ideology or dogma, and understanding what they want for themselves from the person they voted for is a lot more meaningful than the usual vitriolic banter. So, while I don't agree with almost all of what you said, I respect it. I hope we can get to a place where it's about what Trump is doing for the average person, and not about his tweets and Russia. We'll get over that hump.. some day.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 11:27 PM
link   

well said mate

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 02:37 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

What truth? Wingnuts have been claiming to be a "silent majority" since Nixon sold them on that feel good bulls# delusion. Hillary Clinton got 3 millon more votes than Trump.

And lo and behold.

ktla.com...

They don't want to participate in the federal election fraud probe. Gee. I wonder why? Nothing to hide? Just outright defiance of the President, because he won the election? So they could get rid of evidence? I doubt the last one because that would effect the over all numbers. So you could very well be wrong that Hillary won the popular vote.

Trump supporters aren't a majority, and most of them aren't all that silent.

All of the poll on election day would have disagreed with you.

The OP is also apparently completely unaware of who Donald Trump is:

I trust that he wants to do more for America, and Americans, than any of the other candidates. As far as honesty I trust him more than I trust the media. I trust him more than I trust almost all the other political participants in Washington DC.

And as for not wanting their children to grow up to be snowflakes? Who is the OP kidding? Donald Trump is the biggest snowflake of all.

That may very well be true. I think of it as fighting fire with fire. I find it all funny. The triggers, the outrage. It is the hate that is generated by the media that I am more concerned with.

We real Americans, the true patriots, who know that Donald Trump is a liar, will be happy to remove him from office in 2020. Enjoy your stupid hats.

Good luck with that. I see the democratic party imploding as we speak. Who knows though maybe, just maybe, if they can come to terms with what has happened, they might, and I use that term with doubt, they might be able to make a run in 2028. That is if Ivanka didn't already win in 2024.
edit on 1-7-2017 by 3daysgone because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-7-2017 by 3daysgone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 02:59 AM
link   

you unwittingly voted for a slave master

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 04:50 AM
link   
I'm really disgusted with some here that dare derail a really well written post with a lot of truth by not actually saying anything about the post but about themselves and how butthurt they are by comments. Shut up, even if you don't like the post at least give us your reasons, I am so not interested in your whining. All you do is throw around insults. I really hope this world will change soon and not pander to these weird humans that seem to believe that the world is gonna end because of Trump and Brexit.

We have a friend who is incredibly left and she was actually crying and saying how scared she is living in Britain and that she needs to leave.

Not because there are no-go areas or far too many ghettos and people who stick to themselves because they hate our way of life and would love to change it or because gang rapes have gone up...oh no, she was scared because of Brexit.

Jeezus effing christ. How can you reason with people like that? You can't.

The only way they learn is when at last they get a whiff of reality like the UK charity woman who married an immigrant from Calais only to find herself threatened by him now and he set her house on fire. Or the old lady who took a 16 [32] year olf in and he nicked all her stuff and beat her up. HAHAHHAHAHAH, Lol, cry...

Why are you so blind? Why? Why can't you ever give good arguments, where do you live and who do you know [and don't] that you are all so naive? Despite History telling us differently.

What is amiss in your understanding? All I can say is that your attitude during WW2 would have been treason.
edit on 1-7-2017 by Hecate666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 04:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

The msm thinks they are your moral and intellectual superiors.
Your opinions are irrelevant to them.

Right until the point they begin losing advertising because We the People refuse to give money to those same companies who would support their agenda being reported as "fact".

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 05:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

Support Infowars then. It is an open letter that is being read. Buy the great stuff you need anyway

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: pEternalShadow

No you don't. You're simply projecting your hopes.

Clearly you know me better than I know me, having never met me or spoken with me.

Who's projecting?

You are, and apparently you don't realize that fact. There's this thing called context. Your response implies the hope that nothing changes.

I don't need to know you or talk to you to gather that.

See the projection now?

You speak of context, but you have to cut half the sentence out to find the definition you want.

I highlighted your intent, whether that be consciously or unconsciously. I'll go with unconsciously as you seem not to get it.

Do whatever you want cupcake; but don't accuse people of things they're not doing.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hecate666
Shut up, even if you don't like the post at least give us your reasons, I am so not interested in your whining.

Your wordy post didn't touch on anything in the OP either.

This is a conspiracy theory site. The OP is about trust in a former head of an international corporation who became a politician. Does it really need to be spelled out?

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: PapagiorgioCZ
a reply to: Asktheanimals

Support Infowars then. It is an open letter that is being read. Buy the great stuff you need anyway

How does saying the MSM lies to public automatically equate with buying what Infowars puts out?
I don't subscribe to the either/or camp politically or culturally.
Nearly everyone has an agenda and I reserve the right to think for myself, thanks very much.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 05:26 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

They darn sure care what The Donald says ! And they darn sure care if I watch or NOT !

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 06:24 PM
link   
What the post should say is "We knowingly elected an insane criminal to run our nation because we're pissed off and don't give a damn if he destroys our country or the world."

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Bad luck dude, you have to be ^this^ high to ride to 'kiss Trumps @$$ roller coaster'.

I agree with you wholeheartedly that the MSM is a mess but whatever Trump says is on record, MSM or not. If you don't like what the MSM says about Trump then change the bloody channel, don't get all salty but he has said some stupid things and when I covfefe-see what I mean?

Clinton Did it, Reagan did it, Nixon did it...Politicians on both sides have messed up and as a former radio co host I can tell you that any biased opinion is a no go according to the stations R&R's. You must call it as you see it, for instance if you were caught assaulting a waiter then that's a fact and it should be reported as such, but in no way should I embellish on the story or degrade your character, sure there may be a subtle poke here or there but in this day of age you need to be wary, Trump has contradicted himself multiple times and this is fact; however my thoughts that Trump is an @$$clown shouldn't be broadcasted, only the facts.

And let's not forget the far right run media have had run their fair share of smear campaigns, it's a two way street.

edit on 2-7-2017 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Doesn't want his children growing up being snowflakes?
Yet creates thread crying about how MSM are being mean and making fun of Trump and his supporters.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join