It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RED ALERT - Protect your right to vote. Contact your Secretary of State and Local Rep

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: icanteven

What's the issue here? It's public information, the states already have access to it, as does anyone else who wants it. Furthermore none of that is information on how you actually voted.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 09:47 PM
link   

- Scrubbing your name from the state voter registration database if you share the same name with another person in your state
Some serious fear mongering going on here, do you have any kind of proof of this allegation?

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 12:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj

Apart from party affiliation, what is wrong with these requirements, I don't understand?

Nothing. It's no different than what is on voter registration information.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 07:54 AM
link   
No American who is qualified to vote should ever be denied the right and opportunity to do so

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 08:16 AM
link   

I love how alarmist you are being and trying to scare people for no reason (none listed).

ALL NON GOP WILL BE DEPORTED OMG FIRE FIRE.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Danny101
No American who is qualified to vote should ever be denied the right and opportunity to do so

And no non-citizen should ever steal that right.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

originally posted by: icanteven

- The federal authorities showing up at your front door to demand to see your papers (people with a Hispanic or middle-eastern sounding name should be especially alarmed, although anyone not registered GOP is at risk)
- Scrubbing your name from the state voter registration database if you share the same name with another person in your state
- Targeting certain regions or groups that aren't majority republican for voter suppression

You just made all this stuff up. None of it is real. It came from your imagination. Good example of fake news.

Exactly. Serious fearmongering going on. Scrubbing your name if you share the same name with another person? I guess he couldn't figure out that's what the social security number is for.

It's a non-story. The only real story here is if the voter rolls get straightened out a certain party will likely lose votes...

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   
From what Ive read (I'll try to find the link) every state except California has complied with the commission handles this.

Basically California said they didn't want to comply because that in itself will be give credence to Trump's claim of voter fraud. When in reality, wouldn't it prove him to wrong if nothing was going on?

President Trump's voter fraud commission will not be getting the names and addresses of California's registered voters. The panel's request was denied on Thursday by Secretary of State Alex Padilla, who said it would only "legitimize" false claims of massive election cheating last fall.

Not shady at all!

www.latimes.com...

edit on 1-7-2017 by PlasticWizard because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-7-2017 by PlasticWizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 06:07 AM
link   

You might have heard about Trump's request for vital voter data about every voter from all 50 states. What you may not know is the information that's being requested. The administration is asking for:

- Name
- Birth date
- Partial social security number
- Party affiliation
- Address

Aside from party affiliation, isn't this the data you need to give up to vote in the first place?

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 09:01 AM
link   

You might have heard about Trump's request for vital voter data about every voter from all 50 states. What you may not know is the information that's being requested. The administration is asking for:

- Name
- Birth date
- Party affiliation
- Address

Everyone should be alarmed about this Federal overreach. Until the administration tells the American people exactly how its going to use this data, and how it will be protected, there is no good reason for states to share.

Without knowing how the data will be used, we need to think about the worst-case scenarios, which could include:

- The federal authorities showing up at your front door to demand to see your papers (people with a Hispanic or middle-eastern sounding name should be especially alarmed, although anyone not registered GOP is at risk)
- Targeting certain regions or groups that aren't majority republican for voter suppression

Some states are already pushing back on this Federal overreach. My state, unfortunately, isn't one of them. Yet. If your state hasn't complied, please contact your secretary of state, representative and governors office and let them know that you don't want your personal information to be shared.

Our privacy and right to vote are at stake. So please call before the long weekend.

BTW - you can read more about this privacy intrusion here.

While I agree entirely with your sentiment, I think you are being a bit of an alarmist. The right to vote in the US is a priveledged right for citizens only. It should be protected at the state level, but there has been a failure (probaby out of political expedience) to update and protect the sanctity of the vote. The left has fought against practical measures for insuring the accurate application of this privilege. The federal government, at this point, should step in and mandate a system be put in place to protect citizens right from interlopers and cheats.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   
If there is nothing wrong with the request, why are so many states refusing to comply?

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: fleabit
If there is nothing wrong with the request, why are so many states refusing to comply?

They are afraid that the truth of millions of illegal votes from both sides. I suspect heavily in states with lax voter Id laws. We already know that it happens. People have already been caught during this election last. The dead vote, multiple votes using one ss#. We've all been saw the pics on social media. The question is to what extent is voter fraud happening, who's doing it and where.

I want to know. Do you?
edit on 5-7-2017 by PlasticWizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: DupontDeux

- Name
- Birth date
- Party affiliation
- Address

Aside from party affiliation, isn't this the data you need to give up to vote in the first place?

Registering to vote requires party affiliation. It's not a piece of information that gets used in the general election aside from being a statistic, but many primaries limit votes to members of that party only.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   
- Name
- Birth date
- Party affiliation
- Address

The government has this information and has had it for years.

Now if someone is using my information to vote in another state i would like to know because this information can be used for identity thief.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: ANNED
- Name
- Birth date
- Party affiliation
- Address

The government has this information and has had it for years.

Now if someone is using my information to vote in another state i would like to know because this information can be used for identity thief.

Ya, I only see positives from this. And I would love for it to be something I could attack Trump over.

This is a good first step in doing more to protect us from identity theft.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join