It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will the real Slim Shady please stand up?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Disclaimer : as I was writing this, I quickly realized that if I wanted to convey my message the way that I needed to, there was no way around triggering a bunch of people, so I've decided to not filter myself, speak from the heart and just call it how I see it because this is more Important than my ego or your feelings. It is what it is..

So will the real slim shady please stand up?

And by slim shady, I mean a rational-thinking, clear-minded, non-bias, partisan-free individual that's willing to stand up and seperate themselves from the sheep-herd, mind-hive, group-think, stubborn-LEFT and show the moral character you so often critisize others for by taking a stand and holding yourself accountable in some type of way. "But wait, those don't exist!" A tall order I know, so I'm either really optimistic or a really big fool, but I'm giving everyone the benefit of the doubt because I have faith that you are out there, I know you've been thinking about it, I know deep down you want to make a difference and do what's right. Well let me try to reassure you by letting you in on a little secret - an ounce of humility amounts to mountain of courage and a mountain of courage can inspire an entire village. In this case, the village being.. well you know. You guys DESPERATELY need a new identity because right now you are a bunch of headless sheep running around deflecting EVERYTHING! And when the most prominent and Influencial players on your "team" are also the most stubborn and partisan, it's no wonder why it's such a big mess over there. Let's face it, you've been bamboozled and you know it, but it seems like you're willing to walk off a cliff if it leads you there.

And you guys wonder why ATS is on the decline? I'll tell you why it is, because when all of your moderate, rational thinking, clear minded, non bias, partisan free members have either been forced to seperate themselves, have been pushed away to the middle, are too scared to speak up, or are frankly too embarrassed to be associated with what you've become that they have either quit or become permanent lurkers, or even secretly made new accounts and changed sides (wild assumption, but I wouldn't be surprised). When all that is left are the trolls, extremely stubborn, the partisan bound, or the extremely blind - willful or otherwise - it's only natural the dialogue and conversation has deteriorated to either condensation, some snarky remark or just plain mud-slinging, because half of you can't be taken seriously and the other half there is just no getting through to no matter how calm and civil it is. How can we ever mend the divide and find some type common ground when you're incapable of any type of compromise or accountability? You have been forced fed this false narrative that apparently you're going to live and die by even though it's crumbling all around you and blaming the "alt-right echo chambers" instead of looking in the mirror isn't really helping the cause.

Now let me make this part very clear - I am NOT suggesting that you need to all of a sudden become a Trump supporter, you can still hate him as much as you'd like for whatever reason your heart desires. I am NOT suggesting you change your ideals or beliefs and be forced to conform to the right. You don't have to move a foot, you don't have to agree with anything, you don't even have to stand up like I suggested in my premise. What I am suggesting is pressing the reset button and starting over, we all need to really. How you decide to do that is entirely up to you. Do it for yourself, do it for us, do it for ATS. What a sacred place we have here and we're tearing it to the ground.

The place does not make the people, it's the people that makes the place.

Ok, so now that I'm done foaming at the mouth, here's a gentle reminder that the above is just my opinion, I did use a brush and some generalizations and I do acknowledge that there are some diamonds within the dirt. So, this will either be the most important or inane post, depending on who you ask, and whether I reach the right person or nobody at all, it doesn't matter because I needed to get this off my chest. Am I being too dramatic or am I just too passionate?

Meh, just a pretentious mouth moving his lips.

If you've made it this far, thanks for reading.

*takes a deep breath and clicks post*

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I agree with the message here but it seems to be aimed at one particular side instead of both. You can't expect people to meet you in the middle when you yourself are unwilling to meet them there. That's not directed at you in particular.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

I'm fully 110% on board with your request, and totally agree many of us should take a step back, take a breath, and move forward with our beliefs and concerns rationally and in a polite manner. We haven't seen enough of that lately..
Thanks knowledgehunter for being a sound of reason.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Its pretty off putting.
Im still kind of finding my feet on here.
All I have is my opinions but I won't post in a lot of threads because I know what its going to get me.

I'm sure when I first found the place I saw people sharing ideas and helping each other out with different information but its become pretty scary.

Might just go back to my books.
edit on 29-6-2017 by Tulpa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Baaaah. Under all my hair I am still not slim.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Hey friend,

Well done. I've found that taking a step back and considering the impact of what I write is the best way of going about online discourse. I do wholeheartedly believe in free speech but in my opinion that comes with a lot of responsibility (at least that is how I want to conduct myself).

While I've been guilty of speaking without thinking, with snarky comments here and there, and with convoluted thinking
, I always want to be aligned with the truth (goal, not necessarily current state of mind, lol) so I don't mind acknowledging my mistakes and changing my mind and behavior. Still learning, Hunter!

Thanks for another great post.
edit on 29-6-2017 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I stepped back and promised to be nicer to most. There a a select few (3) that I refuse to cater to, and really enjoy irritating, so for them, I will never stop, never grow up, and never resist the opportunity to be an ass. But for everyone else, even if you think differently than I do, we are all still family. You just need some time to see things my way.

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Comedic gold:

And you guys wonder why ATS is on the decline?

I wonder if statements such as this have anything to do with it:

And by slim shady, I mean a rational-thinking, clear-minded, non-bias, partisan-free individual that's willing to stand up and seperate themselves from the sheep-herd, mind-hive, group-think, stubborn-LEFT and show the moral character you so often critisize others for by taking a stand and holding yourself accountable in some type of way.

Partisan-fangirls and pro-government cheerleaders are what ATS has become. We used to discuss TPTB, corruption, the elitist cabal, privatized banking/monetary institutions, secret societies and connections therewithin, how presidential elections are more of an auction than anything else, votes don't matter, the MIC, unjust invasions and subsequent invasions of sovereign nations, the men behind the curtains who pull the strings, etc etc

That's all gone now. It's a giant "Trump-fest," in which "you're either with us, or you're with the terrorists."

Hillary isn't in prison.
The wall isn't being built anytime soon.
We're still funding Saudi and Qatari terrorists.
The FED still operates with impunity.
Healthcare is an absolute joke (both sides of the aisle clearly do not give a rats ass about average Americans coverage)

Never been a fan of the federal government, never will be. I don't fall into the messiah-complex like many do when it comes to "their side," "winning," the presidential (s)election process.

I'm considered a liberal nearly anytime I post anything on ATS because I'm not a staunch Trump supporter/fanatic.

You can point the finger all you'd like - that's all you partisan hacks do, unaware that you're literally cut from the same exact cloth (big government, more war, less social programs, more laws, etc etc)

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

yes, and we know you are against us. thanks for stating your opinion.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

Lol, clearly somebody missed the point. So you can miss me with that BS.

Btw: what are you trying to do to make this place better?

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   
The place sucks more and more.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 01:06 PM
link   
My advice is to chill out. Relax. Accept difference.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   
As many have said I believe this issue needs addressing on both sides and in-between. What should be on everyone's mind is how can we unite as one American people. What is most important to us as a whole. You are right about showing mountains of courage though. That is the type of thing that inspires others. Supporting such courage when you see it is also important as many still won't shake the group think, and we will need to guide them along. I assure you all the only ones who lose when we are so divided is us as a people!

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   

What a sacred place we have here and we're tearing it to the ground.

That's a start!

Now if you'd excuse me, I have some debunking to do. Your Beheaded Leader and his wingnuts spam this board with fake-news from BakedBearts 24/7, what did you expect? A fricken medal for disinfo?

Just another Kraut obliges, eager to dive into rabbit holes and share some findings. This is ATS, if you can't stand skepticism you better lay down again.

*drops mic*

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Ok I'll admit it...I'm the real real Slim Shady. You can rest easy tonight.

On another note you can't call for a non biased approach when you use the phrase "stubborn LEFT" it doesn't work like that. My belief is if you say something stupid expect a rebuttal but you can also give credit when it's credit is due. The world is laughing at Trump as am I but I do admire his gumption but gumption alone doesn't make a good prez.

I've been a member for five years and a visitor for thirteen years and I remember what it used to be like-back then there was no headlines that said 'Trump did this' or 'Hillary did that' and I didn't join for that reason, I joined because because of the fringe sciences and the paranormal but now I'm greeted with political diatribe instead of the weird and wonderful stories from around the globe, and i've noticed a few members that only post to spew political diatribe instead of engaging in meaningful dialogue, you know who you are but yet it makes the homepage.

If ATS is in decline it's because it's no longer a two way street. Every time I log on the homepage is full of headlines such as 'Trump did this and it's awesome' or 'Clinton did that she should put her in jail!' no wonder podcaster's chuckle at the mere mention of this site because it's a shadow of it's former self.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

Hey PO wait!!

You dropped your mic!!

edit on 29-6-2017 by knowledgehunter0986 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie

Ok I'll admit it...I'm the real real Slim Shady. You can rest easy tonight.

On another note you can't call for a non biased approach when you use the phrase "stubborn LEFT" it doesn't work like that. My belief is if you say something stupid expect a rebuttal but you can also give credit when it's credit is due. The world is laughing at Trump as am I but I do admire his gumption but gumption alone doesn't make a good prez.

I've been a member for five years and a visitor for thirteen years and I remember what it used to be like-back then there was no headlines that said 'Trump did this' or 'Hillary did that' and I didn't join for that reason, I joined because because of the fringe sciences and the paranormal but now I'm greeted with political diatribe instead of the weird and wonderful stories from around the globe, and i've noticed a few members that only post to spew political diatribe instead of engaging in meaningful dialogue, you know who you are but yet it makes the homepage.

If ATS is in decline it's because it's no longer a two way street. Every time I log on the homepage is full of headlines such as 'Trump did this and it's awesome' or 'Clinton did that she should go to jail!' no wonder podcaster's chuckle at the mere mention of this site because it's a shadow of it's former self.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Damnd... Thanks for the heads up.
And heads up to you, too!

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

So did you just rebuttal me or give me credit?

You guys can laugh at Trump all you want, that's not what this is about, I'm not even defending Trump at all here.

I think most of us ended up here for similar reasons, and politics was not it.

As for why ATS is on the decline is up for debate, but I'm a firm believer in the people making the place and not vice versa. We make this place what it is, so we can all point all the fingers we want - including myself - but it's what we do as individuals that ultimately matter at the end of the day.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Great post. And while it is aimed at one particular side its actually funny. Im middle left pretty damn liberal. So the fact that i have very little to defend on the left scares me to hell. I hate trump.. i hate hillary.

What i hate the most is people trying to control other people. Trying to control how people speak. Trying to rewrite biology.. threatening peoples lives and inciting hate.. wtf guys?

And look its so messed up that trump is president. But you know how he got there.. too many goddamn lies. Trump of all people is starting to prove how faje cnn and others msnbc are.. we already knew about fox news.. but damn its all of them..

So here is where i stand.
Think for yourself.
Turn off the "news" (entertainment/entrainment)
Be good to people in your life and online
Listen when somone else speaks, consider their point and respond to it as if you like the other person
Only then make a counter point.

One of the biggest tricks is making a person a characature.. "cheetoh skin small hands man"

Then you dont treat them like a person.

And when you dont treat people like people...
YOU ARE NOT A PERSON.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join