It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump goes bonkers. Tweets about Psycho Joe and Crazy Mika.

page: 53
<< 50  51  52   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: alphabetaone

Nope, not what I said. I specified the john oliver show. It is curated to sway your opinion, not on merit, but on pressure. The host goes on a small rant (usually less than 30 seconds) giving his opinion on the issue (the audience is silent and the segment is fairly reverent. This is a serious and thoughtful opinion!), he then quickly (before your mind starts creating it's own counter arguments) turns to a completely non-sequitur argument presented in a way that appears to be contrary to his opinion. During this segment the only real audio (outside of his mocking agrument) is his audience laughing, it teaches your mind that to go against his opinion is to be mocked and laughed at.

The fact that you can't see it speaks volumes to it's quality. If it wasn't funny, enjoyable, and entertaining, it wouldn't be good brainwashing.
The daily show attempted the same thing, but it didn't execute it with nearly the same precision that john oliver does.

edit on 4-7-2017 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

I avoid those shows with fake laugh tracks. Psychological conditioning that we've been exposed to for decades. Most of that crap on sitcoms is not even remotely funny, but you can hear this idiotic crackle of laughter that makes people think it is.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: veracity

Wow, why are you so sexist against women?

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

Oh give it a rest already. Not every friggin thing is a conspiracy FFS.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Correct, it's not a conspiracy. It's a psychological fact. After all, a ringing bell couldn't possibly make you hungry.
edit on 4-7-2017 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: alphabetaone
Not every friggin thing is a conspiracy FFS.

.... unless it is!!

‘Calling for a revolution!’: Trump fans ‘triggered’ after NPR tweets out the Declaration of Independence

After NPR tweeted the Declaration line by line, Donald Trump backers–seemingly unaware of the source document–accused NPR of playing partisan politics.

Gotta see the entire article for a laugh.

This is the idiocy that conservative "intellectual elitist", William F. Buckley Jr, warned his party 50 years ago against giving power to.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: desert

Wow, great stuff lol

I was especially laughing at the "So, NPR is calling for a revolution huh?"....that one just did me in.

I can hardly believe my eyes though, seriously its funny, its sad, covfefe......SMH

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: desert

How about instead of looking at an article and getting your info filtered, you head right over to twitter and read through the comments on the NPR tweets.

twitter.com...

I think they actually included all of the people that were "triggered" by it in your story. Yes, there are dumb people that support trump, no doubt. Just like there are dumb people that supported obama. This "news" story is not really news at all. More people were annoyed that they were getting alerts on their devices about it than were "triggered."

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite
a reply to: veracity

Wow, why are you so sexist against women?

im not, i am one

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite

Correct, it's not a conspiracy. It's a psychological fact. After all, a ringing bell couldn't possibly make you hungry.

Ok you know what, in the spirit of fairness, I gave you a star and tell you that you're right.

You know what I think you're right about? That people can be brainwashed, and that's as far as i'll go. Brainwashing only works on people subsceptible to a high degree of influence to begin with. You made a sweeping accusation on 2 fronts now

1) That you're not surprised that "someone like me" watches John Oliver and
2) That there's a "fact" that I cant see it thereby making the assumption that I cant see things....for all you know, I spend my days and nights employing these same techniques that you claim "I cant see" (I don't, but you couldn't know that), you know nothing about me except what I choose to share here.

For my part, I watch it because I think it's funny and that's it. There is no inherent guarantee that I agree with all or ANY of his conclusions. In the video I posted, I agree with almost every single one of them.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   
This isn't the way a President should act, nor is it considered Journalism to mock and post memes and crap about a president. That is for comedians, not journalists.

That's why the whole thing is like a circus.

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 09:59 PM
link   
July 11, 2017

JOE SCARBOROUGH's poor fragile ego is so butthurt over Trump's insult, that he announced today he's leaving the Republican party.

STORY: www.huffingtonpost.com...

Boo..hoo... Will the party survive without him?

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Good! I hope he runs for office again and wins!

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Me too! Anything that gets him off the television.

new topics

top topics

<< 50  51  52   >>

join