It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time Travel and the Mandela Effect

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 07:20 AM
link   
So, I got to thinking while I was at work just driving around about this Mandela Effect that seems to all of the sudden be a bit of a hot topic. A curiosity at least. People seem to think it may be involving some sort of time line changes. At least that is one theory being put forth.

While I don't think things such as company logos are really proof, though I must admit some I do remember being the "original" way, I still believe they can just be a case of simple company updates or new and improved changes they think will look better.

On the other hand we have many people including myself remembering certain people having died only to find out nope, they just died today kind of thing. Oddly enough Mandela himself is one of these people.

I don't feel I have to go in any great depth about all this. Anyone that is reading this to begin with I'm sure is well aware of what the Mandela effect is all about.

Which leads me to what I got to wondering about and hence here we are in Skunk Works.

What if we have figured out the time travel thing. Perhaps we are still in our infant stages of it. Maybe even a little more advance than We know. What if some of the practice or test jumps had little boo boos occur. Just enough to cause little ripples that we on our side are beginning to notice. We just don't realize what it is we are noticing for what it really is so we just call it the Mandela Effect.

Any syfi fans that have watched any kind of time travel movies, or any scientist that has studied it will be the first to know how coming into contact with one wrong thing on a jump can basically cause something like the Butterfly Effect over time. At some point in the discovery of time travel somebody has to test it. I doubt it would be perfected on the very first try.

I don't think it is much of a reach to believe some government is working on this, and I'm sure we would be the last to know about it if they have figured it out. Then again maybe the answer to that has been staring right in the face for awhile now. Easy enough to laugh at the Mandela Effect as it is UFO believers , or Conspiracy Theorists.

Anyhow, that's my thoughts on the possibility of what may be happening, what say you ATS?

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: onehuman
So, I got to thinking while I was at work just driving around about this Mandela Effect that seems to all of the sudden be a bit of a hot topic. A curiosity at least. People seem to think it may be involving some sort of time line changes. At least that is one theory being put forth.

While I don't think things such as company logos are really proof, though I must admit some I do remember being the "original" way, I still believe they can just be a case of simple company updates or new and improved changes they think will look better.

On the other hand we have many people including myself remembering certain people having died only to find out nope, they just died today kind of thing. Oddly enough Mandela himself is one of these people.

I don't feel I have to go in any great depth about all this. Anyone that is reading this to begin with I'm sure is well aware of what the Mandela effect is all about.

Which leads me to what I got to wondering about and hence here we are in Skunk Works.

What if we have figured out the time travel thing. Perhaps we are still in our infant stages of it. Maybe even a little more advance than We know. What if some of the practice or test jumps had little boo boos occur. Just enough to cause little ripples that we on our side are beginning to notice. We just don't realize what it is we are noticing for what it really is so we just call it the Mandela Effect.

Any syfi fans that have watched any kind of time travel movies, or any scientist that has studied it will be the first to know how coming into contact with one wrong thing on a jump can basically cause something like the Butterfly Effect over time. At some point in the discovery of time travel somebody has to test it. I doubt it would be perfected on the very first try.

I don't think it is much of a reach to believe some government is working on this, and I'm sure we would be the last to know about it if they have figured it out. Then again maybe the answer to that has been staring right in the face for awhile now. Easy enough to laugh at the Mandela Effect as it is UFO believers , or Conspiracy Theorists.

Anyhow, that's my thoughts on the possibility of what may be happening, what say you ATS?

This has been brought up quite a bit and there's even postulation that Cern is behind it and intentionally changing certain things as "experiments" to see if we'd notice.

Many people are skeptical of it but as most people are too busy with their mundane existence to pay much attention to the world around them, if anything seems off most of us chalk it up to poor memory and keep going.

There's plenty of reasons to be skeptical with it since the changes are so slight as to be barely noticeable and have no real bearing on life or history as we know it.

If you remember the Phoenix experiment, Montauk, and Hitler's bell, you'll come to appreciate the potential reality of time travel.

edit on 29-6-2017 by AkontaDarkpaw because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 08:02 AM
link   
you'd have to be doing something pretty weird on your trip to the past if the result was something like a letter in a surname changing or a robot in a film suddenly having a different coloured leg

so nah
not outright denying the possibility of a mandela effect
but if it's real then it's something much further beyond our ken than simple butterfly effect time travel

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: continuousThunder
you'd have to be doing something pretty weird on your trip to the past if the result was something like a letter in a surname changing or a robot in a film suddenly having a different coloured leg

so nah
not outright denying the possibility of a mandela effect
but if it's real then it's something much further beyond our ken than simple butterfly effect time travel

Agreed. More like intentionally making changes.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: AkontaDarkpaw

Actually I'm a firm believer in time travel. I think we at this point in time are actually in the toddler stage of it coming into being. It would only stand to reason it has been perfected down the road and already existing there probably being used, hopefully for better things though.
Wouldn't surprise me at all if cern has their finger in this pie. It is rather right out in the open and in ones face yet still a mystery to most. Basically how the shadows seem to like it.

I can't seem to bring the Phoenix experiment to mind, but I can the Philadelphia one. Is that perhaps the one you were referring too. I know that and Montauk were connected at one point.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: continuousThunder

Perhaps that is what the testing is about, to figure out what causes what. Trial and error. I agree a lot of it is mundane, but the deaths always seem to stick with me. That's a little bigger than a robot color change or surname change.

Besides suttle might actually be the key. Would be easier to figure out just how much you can slip by without being noticed. Or if it is noticed it's too silly to give any credence.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Actually I'm a firm believer in time travel. I think we at this point in time are actually in the toddler stage of it coming into being. It would only stand to reason it has been perfected down the road and already existing there probably being used, hopefully for better things though.
Wouldn't surprise me at all if cern has their finger in this pie. It is rather right out in the open and in ones face yet still a mystery to most. Basically how the shadows seem to like it.

I can't seem to bring the Phoenix experiment to mind, but I can the Philadelphia one. Is that perhaps the one you were referring too. I know that and Montauk were connected at one point.

Yes that's the one i meant! I mix words at times... must have mixed Phoenix lights with Philadelphia experiment lol!

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: onehuman

if time travel is possible, I don't think you can go back in time, only forward.

"We've found these nuclei literally point toward a direction in space," Marcus Scheck from the University of the West of Scotland, one of the study's researchers, told BBC News. "This relates to a direction in time, proving there's a well-defined direction in time and we will always travel from past to present."

Source

Now, if that is true, that any kind of time travel can't affect our present or our past in any real way. I suppose if you went to the future and stayed there, you'd be changing the present, but only because you would no longer be in the present.

I also don't really believe in the mendella affect, I think it's more of a symptom of people forgetting what it was to not have the internet. So much information at the tip of your fingers is bound to somewhat confuse an organism who, until 100 years ago, had no way of fact checking much of anything without considerable effort and education.

~Tenth

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Although I still think the Mandela Effect is a PsyOps your theory is food for thought. I always thought that if a time travel device is physically possible (afaik it was postulated by some that we may be able build one with the world GDP of one year) then it doesn´t really matter when the technology is developed because once it is there you can "easily" travel back and give it to whoever you like ...the predeccessor of the inventor or the inventing nation/company probably. On the other hand I don´t think that nature really bothers to change the timeline and would just branch off into a new reality to circumvent the time paradoxon.

I did read quite a lot about this a couple of years ago and was leaning to believe that we started to study time travel "accidentaly" after the philadephia experiment (and ofc they had to make a movie about it for the purpose of deniable plausability).

In my oppinion we live in a world were technology is hold back (just look at the american B2 bomber ...it´s a fkn fine piece of technology and yet it is more then 20 years old. If you look how far personal computers advanced in 20 years I can not even imagine the newest toys they have in the military today) to keep us in this perpetual state where we depend on recources (you have to fill your gas tank, you have to heat your house, etc.) because it gives TBTB money and most importantly control. For example I think since Tesla we could use "free energy" to solve our "energy-crisis" but that is not what they have planned for us because there is a fantastillion of reasons (6 of the top 10 largest corporations world wide is Oil) against a sustainable free energy source for everyone.

I kinda drifted away here with my thoughts but great thread! Those are the kind of topics ATS was full of ages ago and I always enjoyed them very much.

Regarding Mandela Effect I want to add that I think it´s strange that this is all in digital media and the users that try to prove it use digital media aswell. If somebody would have the intention to drive everyone crazy wouldn´t it be a great idea to alter all the images / films /whatever people see the mandela effect in (and who has hard copies of anything today?) Didn´t some former CIA director say (even in court I believe) that the ultimate goal for all intelligence agencies is that nobody can be sure about anything anymore ...that would be very helpfull in accomplishing this.
edit on 29-6-2017 by Whatever08152 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Perhaps that is what the testing is about, to figure out what causes what. Trial and error. I agree a lot of it is mundane, but the deaths always seem to stick with me. That's a little bigger than a robot color change or surname change.

Besides suttle might actually be the key. Would be easier to figure out just how much you can slip by without being noticed. Or if it is noticed it's too silly to give any credence.

Good point... hopefully can be used for good but nefarious uses also come to mind once perfected.

I think Doctor Who, Star Trek/Wars, and Fringe among others provide some truth mixed with fiction yet for now its all entertainment.

Time will tell what is true vs what isn't.

I think when some of these shows came out (like Star Trek/Wars) these ideas were theoretical but they were already working on bringing them into reality through experimentation and prototypes.

I once saw web pages (which have since disappeared - they were mirrored from a website as hidden pages) showing that instant messenger and the internet had been created as early as the 30s but not in the public sector. These were for defense only and military had access long before it trickled down to the public. I think this is how most tech works. Once the DoD has played with it enough, then the tech is slowly released to the public.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower
a reply to: onehuman

if time travel is possible, I don't think you can go back in time, only forward.

"We've found these nuclei literally point toward a direction in space," Marcus Scheck from the University of the West of Scotland, one of the study's researchers, told BBC News. "This relates to a direction in time, proving there's a well-defined direction in time and we will always travel from past to present."

Source

Now, if that is true, that any kind of time travel can't affect our present or our past in any real way. I suppose if you went to the future and stayed there, you'd be changing the present, but only because you would no longer be in the present.

I also don't really believe in the mendella affect, I think it's more of a symptom of people forgetting what it was to not have the internet. So much information at the tip of your fingers is bound to somewhat confuse an organism who, until 100 years ago, had no way of fact checking much of anything without considerable effort and education.

~Tenth

That could also be a means to simply hoard the tech and prevent "normal" people from knowing that its possible. Official sources are believed and if we do have it and can travel to the past, it gives the holders of such knowledge power over the rest of us. Almost godlike. If you had that power would you share?

If you want good little almost stupid slaves,.. no you wouldn't share.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 08:36 AM
link   

That could also be a means to simply hoard the tech and prevent "normal" people from knowing that its possible.

Nope, you can't live your life just ignoring the evidence that doesn't suit your conclusions. Hundreds, or more like thousands of people, aren't hiding some grand technology that the average person doesn't know about. Sure military tech is probably 10 or more years ahead of what we have now.

If you had that power would you share?

You'd never be able to keep a secret like that for very long. It's just not possible in today's world. Everything we know about quantum physics leads us to believe that time travel is only possible if you move forward.

I mean, mathematically speaking it's easier to get to the point where you can travel to another universe than it is to time travel back.

~Tenth

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I think more research needs to be put into the Mandela Effect. Why do some see it & others don't & what differences do these people have? Do they believe in God? What's their religion? Did they vote for Trump? There should be a database sharing results of questions like this. I think there are similarities between the Mandela Effect, deja vu & the 6th sense.

A personal theory I have is that those who experience the Mandela Effect may have died in a previous parallel universe without knowing it & continued their lives in this universe.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Whatever08152
Although I still think the Mandela Effect is a PsyOps your theory is food for thought. I always thought that if a time travel device is physically possible (afaik it was postulated by some that we may be able build one with the world GDP of one year) then it doesn´t really matter when the technology is developed because once it is there you can "easily" travel back and give it to whoever you like ...the predeccessor of the inventor or the inventing nation/company probably. On the other hand I don´t think that nature really bothers to change the timeline and would just branch off into a new reality to circumvent the time paradoxon.

I did read quite a lot about this a couple of years ago and was leaning to believe that we started to study time travel "accidentaly" after the philadephia experiment (and ofc they had to make a movie about it for the purpose of deniable plausability).

In my oppinion we live in a world were technology is hold back (just look at the american B2 bomber ...it´s a fkn fine piece of technology and yet it is more then 20 years old. If you look how far personal computers advanced in 20 years I can not even imagine the newest toys they have in the military today) to keep us in this perpetual state where we depend on recources (you have to fill your gas tank, you have to heat your house, etc.) because it gives TBTB money and most importantly control. For example I think since Tesla we could use "free energy" to solve our "energy-crisis" but that is not what they have planned for us because there is a fantastillion of reasons (6 of the top 10 largest corporations world wide is Oil) against a sustainable free energy source for everyone.

I kinda drifted away here with my thoughts but great thread! Those are the kind of topics ATS was full of ages ago and I always enjoyed them very much.

Regarding Mandela Effect I want to add that I think it´s strange that this is all in digital media and the users that try to prove it use digital media aswell. If somebody would have the intention to drive everyone crazy wouldn´t it be a great idea to alter all the images / films /whatever people see the mandela effect in (and who has hard copies of anything today?) Didn´t some former CIA director say (even in court I believe) that the ultimate goal for all intelligence agencies is that nobody can be sure about anything anymore ...that would be very helpfull in accomplishing this.

I thought about that... wondered if all the hard copies changed as well... in the case of star wars surely there's original action figures in someone's private collection that can provide proof? Problem is that if the ME is a real phenomenon even the figures will change and there'll be no proof.

Paradox!

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: JBIZZ

My personal theory is that those seeing the "numbers" like 1111, 111, etc are the ones who experience the ME. I wanted to poll this but i don't know how to create one.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 08:45 AM
link   

the whole point of the butterfly effect, the whole concept behind it, is that tiny changes accumulate and snowball. you have no way of knowing what effect any one change would cause. the idea that you would be able to change one tiny thing with surgical precision and that only that would be changed is not an idea that makes sense. what about the people you would have to interact with to make your change? what about the things you would have to do? that's why it's called chaos theory. it can't be predicted.

the other thing is that with the mandela effect some people remember it each way. a change caused through time travel would not be like that - we'd all know only the changed universe, because whatever happened after you changed the past would simply be reality happening.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 08:50 AM
link   

That could also be a means to simply hoard the tech and prevent "normal" people from knowing that its possible.

Nope, you can't live your life just ignoring the evidence that doesn't suit your conclusions. Hundreds, or more like thousands of people, aren't hiding some grand technology that the average person doesn't know about. Sure military tech is probably 10 or more years ahead of what we have now.

If you had that power would you share?

You'd never be able to keep a secret like that for very long. It's just not possible in today's world. Everything we know about quantum physics leads us to believe that time travel is only possible if you move forward.

I mean, mathematically speaking it's easier to get to the point where you can travel to another universe than it is to time travel back.

~Tenth

You forget.. its called hiding in plain sight and plausible deniability.

UFOs case in point... no one has the definitive answer to that one and apparently its as old of a phenomenon as the earth itself.

Math and science are all theories. Mathematical formulas don't equate to reality, they're just numbers which can be manipulated to suit the agenda or hidden if desired. Unless you're a mathematical genius, most average joes wouldn't know a mathematical impossibility from a mathematical possibility. We're dealing with quantum mechanics, string theory, and many other unknown variables.

Theories that were held to be true in the 15th century were proven false in the 17th. Just because some mathematician or scientist says x is true doesn't make it so.

We have that in every area of study.

Science can be just as much a dogmatic religion as any mainstream belief system out there.

Keep an open mind and hold nothing as absolute. The universe may surprise you.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: continuousThunder

the whole point of the butterfly effect, the whole concept behind it, is that tiny changes accumulate and snowball. you have no way of knowing what effect any one change would cause. the idea that you would be able to change one tiny thing with surgical precision and that only that would be changed is not an idea that makes sense. what about the people you would have to interact with to make your change? what about the things you would have to do? that's why it's called chaos theory. it can't be predicted.

the other thing is that with the mandela effect some people remember it each way. a change caused through time travel would not be like that - we'd all know only the changed universe, because whatever happened after you changed the past would simply be reality happening.

Theoretically that would depend on how close you are to the eye of the storm... but in the case of the MEs you're likely correct.

That leaves the door open to shifting realities.

But this too seems to be based on chaos theory...

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 09:02 AM
link   

UFOs case in point... no one has the definitive answer to that one and apparently its as old of a phenomenon as the earth itself.

There is no good evidence of UFO's since we started using HD photography. Remember that the U and UFO means un-identified.

Math and science are all theories. Mathematical formulas don't equate to reality, they're just numbers which can be manipulated to suit the agenda or hidden if desired.

That's so untrue it's not even funny. Math is the language in which our universe is written and functions. The laws of Gravity for example aren't just made up, they can't be manipulated by just any mathematician with an axe to grind.

Science can be just as much a dogmatic religion as any mainstream belief system out there.

Keep an open mind and hold nothing as absolute. The universe may surprise you.

This new age stuff doesn't have anything to do with what we are talking about.

What I'm sayin is that there is not actual real worth math, theoretical or otherwise, which can adequately explain travelling BACK in time. We do have that for travelling forward in time.

Until there is such evidence, again, theoretical or otherwise, that can't be explained away in a few papers currently available, then there's no reason to believe that somebody is 'hiding' the technology from anybody in some grand conspiracy theory.

~Tenth

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Math and science are all theories. Mathematical formulas don't equate to reality, they're just numbers which can be manipulated to suit the agenda or hidden if desired.

That's so untrue it's not even funny. Math is the language in which our universe is written and functions. The laws of Gravity for example aren't just made up, they can't be manipulated by just any mathematician with an axe to grind.

Ok ...as a rather simple minded person that never liked math that much can I ask you :

- Isn´t basically all math just axioms

aaaaaaand

- why is 1 / 3 = 0,33333333 and 3 x 1/3 = 1 but 3 x 0,3333333 is only 0,999999 where is the 0,000000...1 (somewhere on my keyboard is probably a sign for an endlessly repeating number but I have no clue where ...)

P.S.: Now the madella effect does not let me see my editet posts and shows just an empty screen afterwards .... *X-Files-Theme*
edit on 29-6-2017 by Whatever08152 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join