It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Merkel's open-door policy hits German economy as 99% of migrants STILL don't have a job

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 07:12 AM
link   
a reply to: CulturalResilience

Nothing is for free, you still have to fight with redtape-madness to get your check. Sometimes that's a fight many refugees can't win on their own, which is why they get voluntary help from decent Germans.

her migrant rape fantasies

That explains a lot, coming from you.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Germany was thinking they had a major labor shortage. And like they did with with the Turks in the 70' they could get a labor force from refugees and save people from the war.

The real difference in society to me seems to be the 24 hr news cycle. Terrorism, raiders, bandits, tyrants, thieves, kings etc. History is full of dangerous people, it's only recently that people are so safe and isolated from nature or danger that any act of violence terrorizes people with such ease.

Heck some of us were alive when college kids were getting mauled by dogs and riots were going on in America.

If that happened today nobody would even go outside because how dangerous the news portrays life.

Yes terrorism is a problem, particularly religious fanatics. But the thing to do is not be afraid. To prop up the good people, and learn how to judge situational danger in reality. Something our common sense ancestors of even just 100 years ago had to do to survive before youtube.

P.S. and yes screen your immigrants as best as possible for bad apples.
edit on 29-6-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 07:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion
a reply to: CulturalResilience

Nothing is for free, you still have to fight with redtape-madness to get your check. Sometimes that's a fight many refugees can't win on their own, which is why they get voluntary help from decent Germans.

her migrant rape fantasies

That explains a lot, coming from you.

Your response reinforces several adages. One of them being the closer to the target, the heavier the flak.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 07:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
I think we need a refugee crisis forum.

I'm not sure how accurate this and I don't know much about the express.

Express.co.uk

German companies have hired less than 100 refugees despite the arrival of more than a million into the country last year.

Mrs Merkel is currently fighting for her political career after her open-door policy provoked a humiliating political backlash in regional elections two weeks ago.

She summoned the bosses of Germany's biggest companies to Berlin to explain their lack of action as she tried to deflect blame onto them.

What did they expect?

Don't speak the language, different culture, more than likely not equiped with the proper skillsets...

Now she is facing backlash? No kidding. Here I thought everything was propaganda and this was a great idea.

This will take generations upon generations to notice any improvements. Muslims are not known for assimilation

Lots of German taxes and hopefully Merkel will get the cheap labor force she so desperately wanted.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: JDmOKI

Muslims assimilate in plenty of places. It depends where they are from. Do Christians not assimilate because Amish exist?

The Germans accepted swarms of turks in the 70's there were some issues but it mostly went just fine.

Ironically Syria was a fairly modern Muslim country before this war. Where as the whabi Saudis we support and allow to immigrate not travel bans are extremely repressive.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Who would have thought that Germany would ruin Europe for a third time in a century.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 07:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: luthier
Heck some of us were alive when college kids were getting mauled by dogs and riots were going on in America.

Like ...last week, or what? I don´t understand...

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Whatever08152

Like the 60's and 70's race riots and post civil rights act agression.

en.m.wikipedia.org...

My point being we survived. They were terrible events, but the longer they create knee jerk racial type reactions the longer they take to come up with solutions.

Ultimately the Muslim religion itself will have a reformation process where it becomes harder for the terrorists to recruit using the religion. You have to remember the vast majority of Islamic extremism victims are moderate Muslims who wouldn't go along with the isis plan and then had their mosque bombed.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 07:58 AM
link   
German government was buying up empty office blocks and warehouses to covert them into residential centers for the new arrivals. We can get picky and categorize them as genuine refugees from dangerous countries and economic migrants from safe countries.

For German engineering companies, they need qualified engineers with high education standards, including the ability to speak English and mentor other junior engineers. With the lot they have invited from Africa and Arab countries, they are employed sweeping the floors in the Post Office.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 08:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: stormcell
German government was buying up empty office blocks and warehouses to covert them into residential centers for the new arrivals. We can get picky and categorize them as genuine refugees from dangerous countries and economic migrants from safe countries.

For German engineering companies, they need qualified engineers with high education standards, including the ability to speak English and mentor other junior engineers. With the lot they have invited from Africa and Arab countries, they are employed sweeping the floors in the Post Office.

The actual problem was Germany was less organised then in previous immigration pushes.

Syria, Iraq, for instance had pretty good higher ed systems for men and women.

Where as our buddies the Saudis not so much. It may be changing but their elite get to go plan massive terrorist plans at any university in the world. Yet don't get half the scrutiny refugees do. Why aren't we saying geez Maybe we should be spying on the elite arabs? They are the program donors. Once again the focus is on the wrong part.

Erdogan is far more dangerous than German refugees for instance.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

Everything is fine, everything works like intended.
Industry 4.0 doesn´t work everywhere, we still need armies of cheap workers for things we germans never liked to work for. Like to keep the streets, parks, cities clean, like waste collection etc.

Ze Tschermans are master of low-wages(learned from the former US), and we need to undermine the minimum wage by "few exceptions", by loopholes and all those dirty tricks. Sooo, who ever would work for these slave wages and in these dirty jobs? Somebody who has no other choice! The "markets", the companies, the industry, the economy, all are happy, except the workers and people here...

And Merkel. Her party CDU gets more and more popular, is getting more and more voters. While all the other parties lose, most the rightwingers(no wonder, after Trump, Orban and PiS in Poland etc, and the AfD´s own stupidity). And in my opinion there were a million reasons to let her not become Bundeskanzler, before the former US made refugee situation. But she is getting again more and more popular, according to MSM, polls and all that stuff. Maybe it´s real, maybe the peoples opinion should be programmed that way, to vote for the "right person and party"...

And the companies, the industry, all those that promised to give jobs to the refugees, simply didn´t. Some tried, maybe just to say: It didn´t work. But they knew before that those people wouldn´t speak our language, wouldn´t have our skills. But they promised to employ huge masses of them. Just to "support" Angela Merkel at that time. Because she is the best partner of the companies, the industry, the economy, the banksters, the markets? Seems so, "supporting" her and her politics with lies, as known in the robber baron capitalism.

No, Merkel seems to be untouchable, godlike. She can do ever whatever she wants, or better, she can even do nothing, or promising today A and doing tomorrow B, she will be elected again, i am afraid. Even if i personally don´t believe anything anymore i hear and see from the political theatre play they present to the masses. Since years, you can ask everybody around you, nobody(average, not rich, not industrial, not banksters etc) likes her or would vote for her, and everytime she wins every elections as high as a house. Makes some people think...

And it´s not the former US made refugee crisis that "coincidentally" hits Europe and her reactions to it, that needs to be the reason for her fall. These people/refugees were there, should we have started to act like Hungary and all those new Nazi states in Europe? Should we better have send them back into the sea? Should we better have build a wall, as fast as possible? Should we better have put these people in KZ`s? Should we better have shot those people, to prevent them entering our country? Should we have been like all the "civilized states" that refused jewish refugees, that fled from Nazi Germany between 1933-45, to enter their "great nations", when they arrived with their ships in England or the former USA, for example?

No, she and all the parties and politicans in power should be jailed for their endless attacks on our freedom, on our so called "democracy". Like last week, when they tried to make the Telecommunications data retention legal and had to be stopped by the Bundesverfassungsgericht for the moment. And other new laws and rights to make spying on all of us legal, to raise big brother. It´s against our constitution, but nobody cares. They should be jailed for stealing peoples tax money, to save banks, for their cum/cum, cum/ex deals we have to pay for now. For the failed energy revolution and the tax money that goes to the nuclear power plant owners now. For creating slave wage jobs and with that poverty and old-age poverty for the middle class, the working class, the poor and just for the profits of the rich. I could go on and on, the last thing the average people care about is the refugee situation here meanwhile, it´s just an issue for the few rightwingers that nobody sane really cares about anymore.

Magically, Merkel is untouchaable, everything she does or does not, seems to make her more popular. Even attacks in Stasi style(remember where she comes from!) on our freedom and liberty, nothing can harm her and the posse surrounding her, TPTB. Now she is even suddenly pro homo marriage, because another party made that an "important issue"(while signing the laws that steal our freedoms) in the election campaign(because... we don´t have real problems that hit ALL of us germans...).

And she now even tries to act being not so openly pro former US anymore, and "our government" attacks Trump and his puppetmasters from time to time. Just show, if you ask me, but a new text on the script to fool the masses. Germany is still occupied by the former US and the contracts about that issue were made top secret till 2090, not for fun, as i guess!

She is the perfect presentation of a turncoat!
Everybody knows it, but she still becomes more popular and i am afraid she will be elected again(wherevr this voters come from, can´t find any if i ask around, nowhere).

And Germany took around 20 millions of refugees once, that suddenly were no refugees anymore. And we are still here, another million won´t kill us, i am sure. And didn´t yet. And don´t think that the east germans were, for us west germans, or the other way around, from the same culture or thinking, had the same skills, were members of the same cults or even spoke the same "language"(thinking of the saxon song dialect) etc.

That´s not really our problem here. The real problem is the war of the rich against the rest of the population. It´s "representatives of the people", politicians and parties, that work not for but against the people that elected them. It´s the "great coalition" called one party problem. It´s the growing big brother problem and the submissive behaviour towards the "good ones", the "best friends" from the overseas(rulers, not people!), helping them to spy on the whole world, hostinging their drone killers on our soil, hosting their nukes on our soil, hosting masses of their troops and three letter agencies, etc. It´s so much more than only the not german made refugee situation!

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Wouldn't you think it would be better to make sure your citizens are working instead of giving their jobs to the immigrants? I think we have placed people in power who haven't a clue in this world. The German leader is acting like a dictator to their people.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Not true. Let's see real figures from Germany's Federal Employment Agency (February 2017):
- Almost 1.3 million refugees arrived in Germany since 2015
- In February 2017, 455 000 were registered as unemployed.
- Out of those 455 000, 177 700 were registered and ready to work and 277800 were still participating in integration-related measures.
- They accounted for 9% of all unemployed in Germany.

Now the figures don't look so scary, right? -- LINK --

I will now copy here my own post from another recent thread:

Let's get some credible references regarding Germany, not the ones you posted: tabloids like the Express and Daily Mail, far right sites like Breitbart, etc. Let's hear it from the Financial Times, for example, from 2017:

German economy grows at quickest rate in 5 years.

Germany’s economy has expanded at its fastest pace in five years...

German gross domestic product rose 1.9 per cent in 2016 while the country also recorded a third successive year of not needing new government borrowing, with a public sector budget surplus of €6.2bn.

Germany’s growth has been powered by increased employment, rising wages and higher spending linked to the country’s task of absorbing about 1.2m migrants since last year. Unemployment is at a record low and the number of people in work is at its highest since German reunification in 1990.

Destatis forecasts growth of between 1.1 per cent and 1.7 per cent this year.

www.ft.com...

If you want to understand how tough it is to finally be allowed to work in Germany (when you are a refugee) then read this article as it explains it really well:

Refugees find entering German job market tough, but not impossible.

originally posted by: Kalixi
Any German company that hires a refugee will have to create Islamic Prayer Rooms and get used to the strict requirements for stopping work and praying every few hours

Never read so much nonsense in my life. But please, post evidence for the big lie you just posted.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Agartha

More DW articles, please! The FT piece is behind a paywall, just saying.

German economy going from strength to strength

Learned something new again, the OECD numbers took me by surprise. Eva, is that you?

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Wouldn't you think it would be better to make sure your citizens are working instead of giving their jobs to the immigrants? I think we have placed people in power who haven't a clue in this world. The German leader is acting like a dictator to their people.

So all those Mexicans picing broccoli were taking jobs?

There is also the problem of jobs nobody will do. You have entry level college grads asking for 100k salaries.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Its okay they are only there to take the jobs that Germans don't want to work.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

Yeah, you are right, but the question is.....why are our young believing that you need to get a high paying high tech job. What is wrong with sorting broccoli and making a living at it. What is wrong with working in a factory or on a farm? We are messing up our society. Maybe if people had to go shovel out an outhouse they would start realizing sorting broccoli is a really good job.

We need to fix our society, our own people. We do not have to import workers to do jobs. We only feed the delusion of the people by masking the solution. Most jobs are good jobs, I would rather shovel dirt than sit at a desk and type into a computer all day. I did not need to go sign up for an exercise club when I was working construction, I got paid for working out when I worked.

A big portion of our society has gone Hulu.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   

a reply to: luthier

Yeah, you are right, but the question is.....why are our young believing that you need to get a high paying high tech job. What is wrong with sorting broccoli and making a living at it. What is wrong with working in a factory or on a farm? We are messing up our society. Maybe if people had to go shovel out an outhouse they would start realizing sorting broccoli is a really good job.

We need to fix our society, our own people. We do not have to import workers to do jobs. We only feed the delusion of the people by masking the solution. Most jobs are good jobs, I would rather shovel dirt than sit at a desk and type into a computer all day. I did not need to go sign up for an exercise club when I was working construction, I got paid for working out when I worked.

A big portion of our society has gone Hulu.

Your right but industry and costumers did it by making the jobs so low paying to keep the cpi in check. It's a hard thing to work on with so much lobby power

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion
More DW articles, please! The FT piece is behind a paywall, just saying.

I get mine from their FB page but it usually allows me to read 1 or 2 a day for free. I'll try again, if it doesn't work, Google the article title and you should get another link:Germany economy grows at quickest rate in 5 years.

German economy going from strength to strength

Thanks for this: Germany is going from strength to strength, despite what the OP, rightwing sites and tabloids say.

Learned something new again, the OECD numbers took me by surprise.

And these figures are straight from the government statistics. They still have half a million refugees on benefits, but it doesn't seem to be affecting the economy negatively.

Eva, is that you?

LOL... what??

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Wouldn't you think it would be better to make sure your citizens are working instead of giving their jobs to the immigrants? I think we have placed people in power who haven't a clue in this world.

The German leader is acting like a dictator to their people.

Really? Unemployment in Germany is 4.2% which is lower than the US (4.3%), UK (4.6%). -- LINK --

And refugees only account for 9% of all unemployed (see link to gov. figures in my previous post).

So no, no dictator at all, dictators are those head of states that ban travelers from poor Muslim countries and not from Saudi Arabia because of money.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join