It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What could prevent further wars

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 07:38 AM
link   
the only thing conceivable that should be able to stop all wars...I seen on the movie screen or TV years ago

the Story was called The Day the Earth Stood Still...

The plot was simply to stop the transmission of power i.e.: electricity/combustion/steam/et al
so that all activity, travel, work, radio, industry, productivity was all deactivated all across the Globe for 1 hour as a 'sign' that the off-world civilizations had the power to quarantine or kill the Planet Earth if the World remained a primitive and constantly warring battleground...

a line had been drawn in the sand...an ultimatum issued by a higher-power !

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac
Not one of you bright up a planetary ban on the ignorance that is religion, which is the number one cause of war in history.

Granted, you'd have to kill at least half the world's population most to get started on an undertaking of that proportion. Religion is taught so young, those infected with it rarely escape.

leaving aside Jihad briefly, the last large scale wars that were actually fought in the name of religion were the The Crusades. The English Civil War, The Anglo-Dutch/French/Spanish Wars, Napoleonic, The War Of Independence, The Mexican War, The American Wars, The American Civil War, The Franco Prussian War, The Crimea War, The Zulu War, The Boer War, The Russian Japan War. The Anglo-Irish War, The Balkan Wars, The First World War, The China Japan War, The Spanish Civl War, The Second World War, The Korean War, The Vietnam War, The Falklands War, Gulf Wars one and Two, and The Afghan Conflict; were all fought in the name of, and under the justification of; resources, territory, and self determination.

If your statement about the cause of war was regarding one religion in particular, it would be very accurate.
edit on 29-6-2017 by CulturalResilience because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-6-2017 by CulturalResilience because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

Loved that movie!

Thing with that idea through is that humanity has been waging war throughout recorded history perfectly well without the need of electrical power.

All that would serve to achieve in the day of age is to bring about anarchy and the fall of our infrastructure.

Fact of the matter is that all Klaatu would have achieved is to kill or bring about the demise of the greater part of humanity.
edit on 29-6-2017 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   
The only thing that would stop future wars is an anti-greed vaccination for those in charge.
a reply to: Peeple

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I know wars are generally unpopular, but there's a whole list of things that would never happen if it wasn't for wars.

It has to be recognized that if it wasn't for war we wouldn't have our Internet and Space Program and all kinds of advances in medical technology. And in a few years we'll cook up some sentient machines -- thanks to war.

We're like most species. We tend to stagnate if we have it too good.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
I'm thinking Russia & Israel, should join Europe.

Haha thats the funniest suggestion for some time. Come on that's never going to happen at least for a generation or three. Both Russia and Israel have learnt to their cost what epic tragedy Europe/whatever we call it has caused to their people. Those countries will not be in a rush to surrender their sovereignty to a group of nations that have at various times sought to eradicate them both.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 03:27 PM
link   
The only thing that can prevent further war is a UFO invasion and take over of our world. They may even kill us all we know, but they are the only hope to prevent us acting out our monkey business nature.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

Since we are speculating lets imagine a world free from war and religious intolerance that existed for 5000 years in peace, prosperity, and where science education and freedom rule the day.

Imagine the scientific wonder and achievement such a society could have accomplished in such a time period free from war, strife and religious bigotry?

Chances are we would be amongst the stars by now.

Think of the Einsteins and Tesla's that have never existed simply down to the fact that they perished in war? The cons far out weight any pros really.

War may advance technology, medicine and other science somewhat but it also retards so much more.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
War may advance technology, medicine and other science somewhat but it also retards so much more.

Like what?

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: gimcrackery
The only thing that would stop future wars is an anti-greed vaccination for those in charge.

Just to be a hooligan..

Greed is a great motivator, the issue would be in how we actually satiate it. Its completely removed from our ages old cultural story, but the pursuit of items with no real world value beyond scorekeeping, or purchasing power, might be the core issue rather than the behavior that drives people to collect it.

Religion is kind of similar. Its just a window dressing to hide or excuse intrinsic behaviors of the human condition. It is quite naive to think that human behavior can be changed by switching the navy blue curtains for the green ones.

Some feel that the best step is to move to wars of propaganda and psychological operations. While this may reduce deaths, I can't help but think that it is a slippery slope to a massive, horrendous mindf#$% of our entire civilization.

I lean towards changing the fundamental framework of our society. Something like making the mass realization that in the pursuit of a constant improvement to our own, and families, quality of life.. we have been going about it all wrong. The things we pursue are only a proxy, a middleman, to the concepts and objects that directly make our lives better, easier, or more enjoyable.

Whatever the answer(s) actually is(are), I suspect the hard part will lie in actually making the change in large enough portions of the population to make a difference. Even with a surefire, blatantly obvious solution to any issue facing humanity, getting anyone to participate is a whole 'nother ballgame.

Our cultural story has the momentum of generations. Getting it to shift course even a little, much less change completely, is a truly massive undertaking. Perhaps even insurmountable..

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 05:04 PM
link   

The continuation of progress for one at least from a sociological standpoint.

War perpetuates and promotes death, destruction, mass genocide, ethnic cleansing, religious hatred, and racism.

A world without the above transpiring has got to be a far better place to exist.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
A world without the above transpiring has got to be a far better place to exist.

If we we all thought the same way, like bees, then that would be great. But we don't. So rather than sit in the dirt by my tribal campfire, I'm going to make a spear and go over to the tribe next door and steal what they have, because if I don't have anything to trade, that's the easiest way to get it. And since they're so friendly and non-violent, it should be even easier.

How are you going to stop me?

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Perhaps an extraterrestrial trigger that activates that change in our DNA from warrior to benevolence.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 07:17 PM
link   

And that's the paradigm humanity has followed since time immemorial.

Fact is thought we are more than the apex predator we were 100,000 years ago, not much more, but a little farther along sociologically speaking, for the time being anyway. That paradigm through needs to change for our race to come together and address the larger questions and problems we face as a species.

Don't get me wrong, i'm no hippy, as to stopping you, i would probobly slit your throat from behind while you sit around your tribal fire, long before you mounted your attack.

That kind of mentality serves little purpose other than the kill or be killed attitude humanity displays throughout the ages.

Hopefully that's something the information age in which we live may possibly change regarding future generations.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Colonization of other solar systems, nothing else. We are too much here, and our differences Will tear us apart. I ain't believing we can achieve unified world either, I think the idea will collapse somewhere in it's final stages of unification.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Exactly, like rats in a cage too populated.

I think were due for a pandemic of epic proportions, or nuclear holocaust.
edit on 30-6-2017 by Plotus because: I just remembered something something.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Less is more

That would prevent War. Too much garbage between countries.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 04:27 AM
link   
I will continue a bit to my original reply (divine or alien intervention is the way to stop the wars)

It devastates me from the inside to see conflicts around the world, individuals have been killed who would have otherwise have had a nice life growing their children, cooking food, relaxing and working.

There has been times it is too much for me. To think about our race? we have created the pyramids, we have created the mona lisa, and yet we kill each other, probably a few or a dozen has been killed while you read this post.

All of our earthly armies should combine powers, to prepare against an E.T threat. Probably they would be more advanced and turn our tellus into stardust within seconds, but it would be better than killing our own kind.

I think the frustration comes from the fact that i cant reach my own potential. I know i can do good, live good, and i end up messing stuff up.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 04:31 AM
link   
We could castrate Trump, that might work.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 05:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dr X
We could castrate Trump, that might work.

errm... no!

If trump gets to decide on his own, what color of underwear he puts on in the morning, i think it's HUUUGE! We should castrate the elite sickening pedophile ringers and their baby sacrificing rituals. Those who are in the real control, whose faces are not shown in the evening news.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join