It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Is The Best Way To Lower Medical Care Costs In America - We Are Being Raped.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 10:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Artemis12
I don't think it will change any time soon there. The whole system would need revamping, lawyers, changes it would be a big change for a lot of companies I would think.

You're probably right, Artemis12. The government and Americans are, for now, content with putting patches on the tire when it springs a leak. Eventually though...they'll blow.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust
Request 8.00$ a month from 150,000,000 US citizens or every sustained household who can make payments.
Build atm like deposit machines to deposit the money in, only used for deposits for the medical fund. To make it easier.

Monthly that generates 1.2 billion in revenue or approximately 1.44 trillion a year. Use said money to adjust or update Affordable care medical systems.
The more participants making the monthly 8.00$ payments the more money generated.
Those receiving and using welfare type programs can automatically have the 8.00$ a month deducted from their benefits...

Research cheaper medicine and medical procedures cost-
Consider same medical cost across the country. Therefore everyone regardless of State location pays same medical fees-

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 10:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ophiuchus 13

Research cheaper medicine and medical procedures cost-
Consider same medical cost across the country. Therefore everyone regardless of State location pays same medical fees-

It's timely that LAURA INGRAHAM agrees with what you're saying, Ophiuchus. Here's an excerpt from her interview on Fox News today, regarding the Senate Healthcare bill..

""LAURA INGRAHAM: Republicans promised independence from the Obamacare mandate. They promised repeal of Obamacare and the dirty truth is this is not repeal of Obamacare. There is a lot of the mandate still in there. A lot of the regulations haven't been lifted. And we can all sit here and say they can do their own 'Cornhusker kickback.' And that's what the Republican party is. They're all going to do the horsetrading to make this.

There is a reason Big Pharma stocks, insurance stocks, and hospital stocks have gone up over the last two weeks. Because very little is changing when it comes to bringing down the cost of health care in this legislation. I think it's a pig in a poke and I think it's a loser for Republicans...""

Full Interview: www.realclearpolitics.com...

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 10:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: Phoenix

Phoenix, I've followed your posts on this subject for a long time. You definitely understand the industry, and what ails it.

When the medical system is on the verge of collapsing, do you think existing laws will ultimately be enforced, rather than the country moving to Nationalized Healthcare?

Big big difference in what I think will happen and what I believe should happen.

Will happen,

Politicians will bailout a severely corrupt system on jinned up clamor from a totally ignorant public and the entire economy will suffer collapse leading to tens of millions dead.

Believe Should happen,

Let corrupt system collapse and correct before it takes out national economy. Thousands may die as result.

Hobson's choice

Illinois is leading the way as you are well aware of MCO's and yesterday's court ruling.

Not long this will go national - when it does I fear a very short term unwise decision will result.

Meantime I'll keep on warning about what's coming to anyone who'll read and think.

Maybe it'll get traction.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 01:05 AM
link   

No... but he is spot on about this particular topic.

It's not complicated... but those who stand to benefit like to make it sound like it is.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 02:45 AM
link   

It's sad that this is the way it's ending up. In the end, we pay for it, we endure it not them. There just isn't any balance anymore it's all one sided now. The world is not what I thought it would end up as. The dreams we're fed as children are all lies.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 03:51 AM
link   
The medical Industry all work in concert,if the government was to step in and regulate prices,then end up with a shortage of Drs,why pay all that money for med school,when you can make the same driving a truck?,I think the Pharm companys need to be regulated,FDA also,need to broaden spectrum,same people own same companys,it's a monopoly

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Oldtimer2

Who said anything about cutting the Dr's pay?

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Artemis12

Sounds like the "haves" vs the "have nots" and the haves always win.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Oldtimer2

The only way physicians pay would be cut is if Single Payer/Nationalized Medicine were instituted. With Medicaid and Medicare, doctors are paid less for treating those patients.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: dasman888

No... but he is spot on about this particular topic.

It's not complicated... but those who stand to benefit like to make it sound like it is.

Yes, seems many have "turf" they're trying to protect either because they're employed by scammers, they know they receive outsize benefits for contribution, political zeal or pollyannish beliefs not grounded in reality.

All those groups and individuals are easily jinned up and manipulated by corporate/congressional interests making the big money.

These interests keep various groups in the weeds by design and set one against another in order to mask and obfuscate the core issue - cost and theft that has/is occurring.

Clarity and resulting simplicity of the cure comes immediately upon rising above the weeds.

It also becomes obvious to see the path leading to where we are, where we are now and the path to get out.

Our problem is getting others to stand above the weeds before choking on them as its truly "one for all, all for one" situation.

Mr. Denninger nailed this issue way back more than ten years using simple exponential math. He explained results rather than stating baseless preformed opinion.

Anyone calling for or expounding upon any form of existing system, hybrid of, single payer system should educate themselves about numerical results and potential time lines locked in by those decisions.

All lead to disastrous results in less than decade.

We are left with these two choices,

Manageable disaster because we've kicked can down road for 20 - 30 years making tweaks ineffective or worse aggravating the problem.

Or

Kick can once more only to have it go thermonuclear and take us all out when it explodes into an unmanageable disaster.

Yup - it's rather simple.

DON'T KICK THAT CAN !!!

edit on 28-6-2017 by Phoenix because: For the masses

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   
When President Trump admitted that "Healthcare delivery is very complicated", he was (in part) showing his frustration that so many politicians and medical industry stakeholders are selfish, greedy and unethical.

He made this statement in February, right after returning from the annual Republican Retreat, where Congressmen, along with Medical and Insurance lobbyists "clarified" the situation for him.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 01:40 PM
link   

And was that a white flag moment of Trump's behalf?

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Radio guy this morning read from a piece that pointed out that Republicans ran on, were elected on the promise to repeal Obamacare, not the promise to muck with Medicaid. Now, Meidcaid is part of Obamacare now, but all the big changes we hear about involved changing Medicaid rather than the Obamacare regulatory and other changes that need to be ditched and aren't going to really be lifted in any meaningful way.

Medicaid does need to be reformed and reworked, and it certainly should be put back to where it was even in the face of the current screaming, but it was not the main focus of electoral objections.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

And was that a white flag moment of Trump's behalf?

It surprised me yesterday when, after meeting with all 52 Republican Senators at the Whitehouse, President Trump said that, "If they don't get healthcare reform done, that's too bad. We move on..."

He's tired of dicking with his party's weak leadership. Time to move on to things that help most of the population. The Congress will just put some more patches on ObamaCare to get it through the year, if they don't repeal/replace it.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

That radio guy was right. As I said when starting this thread, ObamaCare was hated in the beginning because of the Individual Mandate and the Financial Punishment that the government would inflict, if you didn't buy their health insurance. Most Americans were LIVID over this!

Rand Paul and Ted Cruz haven't forgot. But unfortunately you now have Republican Senators who don't mind the rest of ObamaCare, since President Trump has essentially eliminated the Individual Mandate via Executive Order.

Pisses off Insurance Companies, but they raise premiums to compensate. 70% of ObamaCare people pay less than $100 a month per person, because Tax Payers eat whatever premium increases are doled out.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 02:27 PM
link   

That's not the only reason people hated it. A lot of folks, particularly folks who bought individual policies also hated the service mandates and regulations that made it impossible for them to essentially only buy catastrophic policies and use HSAs to cover their routine care because those policies were classified as substandard because they didn't have all the "essential" coverages.

So people had to buy insurance for stuff they neither wanted or needed covered.

A lot of people who were previously insured wound up uninsured for that reason.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   
the wealthy will ALWAYS find a way to screw over the poor, they always have. this isn't rocket science, but it would involve raising taxes on the wealthy, who have had their taxes incrementally lowered over the past few decades. this is a capitalist nation, and thus is geared politically and economically to make the wealthy richer......the decline in living standards can be directly linked to the cutting of taxes on corporations and the wealthy. I have seen many bar graphs by various institutions over the years that show this.

what was the last piece of federal legislation that republicans passed ON THEIR OWN, that helped out the poor??????.....and somehow people on the right, think that trump, and right-wing controlled congress are going to help them....LOLOLOLOL.....don't hold your breath...talk about delusional
edit on 28-6-2017 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

Hey jimmyx,

Got a question fer ya,

If I go down to big box and buy me a fancy lawn tractor and the company that made that tractor is charged a 30% tax who ultimately pays that there tax?

Similarly if dat der rich guy is taxed to death and he don't hire me no longer how am I to pay for dat fancy lawn tractor in first place?

If'n caint buy lawn tractor cause to expensive I ain't paying no tax, if caint mow rich man's lawn caint pay no taxes, now how'd you say we gonna pay dem criminals runnin dat crooked hospital agin?

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Capitalism has infested every aspect of America. We're not people to the politicians we're consumers. The entire system from the ground up is corrupt and rotten to the core. As long as we have a for profit insurance system it will never get any better.

Here I'll tell you a story. I have a severe mental illness. I've tried many medications over the years but only one has worked. When I first started taking it in 1997 it was $300 for a 30 day supply. The pharmaceutical company had a patented on the drug for 15 years. Meaning no one could make a generic. The patent ran out 5 years ago. When a generic finally became available the non generic jumped to $900 for a month supply. The generic hit the market at $600 for a month supply. So now I'm paying double for the generic from what the non generic use to cost. But here is the kicker. Eli lilly the pharmaceutical company owns the rights to both the generic and non generic. They are price fixing and no one is doing anything about.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join