It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Behavior in the Presence of Strangers not Masons

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 07:23 PM
link   
The Constitutions of Free-Masons

James Anderson A.M.
Right Worshipful Fraternity of Accepted Free-Masons

Benjamin Franklin
Grand Master of Masons of Pennsylvania

PDF: Download

This is an online electronic edition of the the first Masonic book printed in America, which was produced in Philadelphia by Benjamin Franklin in 1734, and was a reprint of a work by James Anderson (who is identified as the author in an appendix) printed in London in 1723.

At some point, you may have had an encounter with a Freemason, either online or in person. Don’t worry, you don’t need to sanitize your palms or call Homeland Security, as they are generally good people.

The problem is, when attempting to learn anything about Freemasonry on this website, at least one will come along to “correct the record,” as well as kindly offer to answer any questions that you may have.

Unless a fellow Mason can shed light on the passage above, I'm not sure what can be gained by engaging any of them in conversation about their Craft. You may get a whiff, but it's ultimately a fruitless endeavor.

Take this as a lesson.

edit on 27-6-2017 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

Grabbing popcorn.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Augustus should be along soon...

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Interesting.

Question?... Does Augustus often discuss matters of our constitution with you so openly?

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Meh, the imagination is always more colorful than reality (and some would argue they are not mutually exclusive) and so I prefer to think of the rather dull local Masons I know as donning ornate robes and flaying virgins for some elder demon-god when they gather at their halls...

as the reality is likely something more along the rationalist/humanitarian/free thinker/networking lines.

But who knows ... besides the Masons at 33 degree (or higher)? Bwa-ha-ha....
edit on 6/27/2017 by Baddogma because: to-to-for

edit on 6/27/2017 by Baddogma because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: MaestroMind

Interesting.

Question?... Does Augustus often discuss matters of our constitution with you so openly?
No. And inquiring minds are often met with tactful sarcasm.

He seems like a good guy and a good Mason, according to what I see around here.

Now I'm throwing some popcorn on the stove.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Mason's are first and foremost a fraternity therefore they look out for one another. Bloodlines and lineage are very important to them so having a son is a very good thing. They are expected to present themselves as pillars of the community which is taken very serious. Beyond that, I reckon it's really none of your business.

I knew two initiates ( if that's what they call new recruits) who didn't truly reflect the above statement. Incidentally, neither lasted a year.

edit on 27-6-2017 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 08:30 PM
link   
They will all be here soon.

I'm not one who thinks the masons control everything.

But I do think there is a trend of
Them ganging up and discrediting anything that might expose them...

Which makes one wonder..
edit on 27-6-2017 by SteamyJeans because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: SteamyJeans
They will all be here soon.

I'm not one who thinks the masons control everything.

But I do think there is a trend of
Them ganging up and discrediting anything that might expose them...

Which makes one wonder..

Because it adds to the mystique. Rosicrucianism the same approach.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 12:56 AM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis Actually I think our dear masons are more a sect than a fraternity. I judge this by the way they operate. I have no interest in this type of religious and sub-religious practices and clubs, that we can sects, however I had one interesting meeting with some mormons which now make a good relation to the way masonry works...

the thing happened because I saved two of their kids from beating, and nevermind my reluctance I had to go to their temple and receive the thousand thanks plus some two thousand hidden ideological agendas tried to be sold to me meanwhile. Exactly like a Jew would sells a cow to an Arab. It was fun, but at some point I started to think I had have to leave these two boys to the Gods will and their beating

Masons use different pretexts, approaches, the songs seem different and so on... but in their behavioral essence they are like the darn mormons, or at least I see them like that, as an outsider. I see them as Salesmen. Just on a very intricate market.

You know guys... If I'm about to join a private club, we have one in the neighborhood, is about motocycle racing. To me is quite more attractive that any lodge. When you grab that bike and look to the eyes of your opponent you "know" in your heart all the secrets of the universe. So keep for yourselves the boring rites, ranking and theory. We have better. We have the fire within.

edit on 28-6-2017 by Argentbenign because: grammar

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 01:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate
Mason's are first and foremost a fraternity therefore they look out for one another. Bloodlines and lineage are very important to them so having a son is a very good thing. They are expected to present themselves as pillars of the community which is taken very serious. Beyond that, I reckon it's really none of your business.

I knew two initiates ( if that's what they call new recruits) who didn't truly reflect the above statement. Incidentally, neither lasted a year.

Rosinitiate, try walking your own path while remembering where your place is in life. Until I duly examine you abreast you receive zero recognition. That goes for any person walking this globe.

~MaestroMind

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 01:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate

Rosicrucianism the same approach

No real Rosicrucian's don't gang up on anyone
but the AMORC......

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 06:29 AM
link   
a reply to: MaestroMind

I need not recognition but I thank you just the same.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Some of us...many in fact...are Masons. Address this as such...no one likes someone on the outside telling us what, who and how we are or arent.

And we are only 1 of many whom has constitutions for their organizations. So? Why does this bother anyone else?
Want to know the real answers and more?

Join..

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate

AMORC? What is that? Some faux Rosicrucian order? Are you claiming to be an initiate of The Rose Croix?

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: kibric

You are correct Kibric. True Rosicrucians do not involve themselves in activities such as ganging up - online or otherwise. However, charlatans do.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 08:47 AM
link   

are you Order of the Rose + ?

The Order of the Golden and Rosy Cross ?

edit on 28-6-2017 by kibric because: boo

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: kibric

I am a weary traveler.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 08:59 AM
link   

I remember James...

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 04:23 PM
link   
"Im a 360 degree mason and this post is bullocks. Masons only give to charity and pay for children's surgeries. Those books are hoaxs. Albert Pike never work for Freemasonry. We worship synthetic geometry but don't like being told what it is we are measuring"

top topics

<<   2 >>

join