It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Last evening: A lost 2 year old...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

The dad's a prick. He may well be an abusive control freak. I think a lawsuit to drain his pocket is in order as it is probably the only think he would understand about the situation. Too nice to file charges. Should have.
edit on 6/27/2017 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: FatFreddysCat

Washington.

Pretty liberal around here but that shouldn't make a difference.

epace

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: silo13

It certainly does.

Libs don't care about anyone but themselves.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler
Sadly I would have to agree with you.

It would make logical sense those you rely on daily are the ones who would pull together.

I guess I just didn't think it would apply when it comes to a child.

Than again - why not - there really is nothing sacred anymore.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: FatFreddysCat

It certainly does.

I think your are actually referring to a lot of the right wing crowd.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 05:16 PM
link   

You are right, I shouldn't have assumed your intent and apologize for that. It just seems these days everything gets approached from a partisan angle and I got caught up in the trap. Missing children are a bit of a trigger for ke

When I was 18 the 3 year old daughter of a very close family friend who lived in the same building as us was abducted from our backyard. We lived in a lower income area of an extremely socially and politically diverse city. The support from the community was positively mind blowing. People, over a thousand strong , from all races and walks of life showed up to sweep the large forested park, backyards and beaches in the area. Everyone came together to support her family.

I don't believe your neighbors are cold hearted or divided, probably just not fully comprehending the situation they suddenly found themselves in.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: silo13
a reply to: JimNasium

Sadly, where as I wouldn't have agreed with you even days ago wearing my 'rose colored glasses' - now, I do.

Fire. Fire. Fire.

Yep.

And even scarier? The woman who was comforting the mother when I headed back? She said 'You're going to have to get that boy chipped'. Holy sh!t.

Thanks for your service.

peace

My jaw was already halfway to the floor after reading your OP.... Then I read this.... My god I'm speechless. ...

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: AccessDenied

I know. It's like a dash of ice water in the face last evening was.

I don't look at anything around here the same, never will, I can't.

Oh, and the woman who gave the support for the family 'chipping' the boy? She's a special education teacher.

Chilling.

I've not seen you in a long while - I hope all is well with you and yours.

grace

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

originally posted by: FatFreddysCat

It certainly does.

I think your are actually referring to a lot of the right wing crowd.

The actions speak for themselves. She is in a liberal community and had doors shut in her face and windows of cars rolled up as a wall of non assistance when attempting to inquire on a lost 2 year old.

They either don't care or are scared s#itless. Which is it? Because the fact remains, those people WEREN'T pulling together at a time of need and weren't even interested to know what the issue was nor help if they did.

That's another problem with liberals, they can't accept responsibility for any of their failings even when all the facts point to the obvious. And then they try to deflect blame to anyone and everyone else.

I am thankful that my town is not like this. And if they were, I would publically call them out for it. I am not known for being shy or discreet. But everyone knows where I stand and knows they can depend on my word and any help in time of need.
edit on 27-6-2017 by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

All i was point out is

There are self centered people in both political beliefs. Maybe some won't believe it but it's true. Blaming only one side is ignoring half.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 05:28 PM
link   

a reply to: AccessDenied

I know. It's like a dash of ice water in the face last evening was.

I don't look at anything around here the same, never will, I can't.

Oh, and the woman who gave the support for the family 'chipping' the boy? She's a special education teacher.

Chilling.

I've not seen you in a long while - I hope all is well with you and yours.

grace
Sadly, the occupation makes the flippant comment make more sense to me. All is well... I just usually prefer stealth mode.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux
Because it is known for sure EVERYONE in the community is one partisan side?
Likely not, I'm in Western Washington too in a small rural area, there's a mixture of left and right here, but majority right. If someone pulls over to help me on the side of the road or someone decides to drive right by, it doesn't necessarily mean it has to do with political leaning.

I've lived in a conservative majority city before, guess what they honked and called me names even when it was clear I was broken down in the street. Yet in a rural conservative area people stopped in helped with a flat. Did I let that drive me insane that the sides are the cause? No, because you can't simply tell or judge from places each an every person on assumption.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 06:03 PM
link   

I'm going to be 'that guy', though I'd not slam my door in your face... but how exactly does a 2 year old, much less a low funtioning autistic 2 year old, just go missing?

I'll be in the search party, but I sure as he'll hope somebody is looking in to how a barely functioning 2 year old went missing. Also hope the kid doesn't go back to the parents until some hard questions are answered. An autistic 2 year, low functioning, should be under constant supervision.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Ref to Florida

The man blamed someone helping but, as you stated, why was he not watching his child. Typical, it's someone else that is to be blamed. I would have thought a big thank you was in order. Easier to pass off his guilt by attacking the person, although he may not have any guilt by not seeing his part.
edit on 6/27/2017 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe

I'm going to be 'that guy', though I'd not slam my door in your face... but how exactly does a 2 year old, much less a low funtioning autistic 2 year old, just go missing?

I'll be in the search party, but I sure as he'll hope somebody is looking in to how a barely functioning 2 year old went missing. Also hope the kid doesn't go back to the parents until some hard questions are answered. An autistic 2 year, low functioning, should be under constant supervision.

Granted - any 2 year old she be under constant supervision.

On the other hand - what this child does - is run. His name is 'Hawk' and he's fast - believe me I've seen him shoot off.

Even the best of parents can mess up sometime.

Regardless of all - people should have been more willing to help - at least in my opinion.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe

Kids sneak out the door sometimes when parents are preoccupied. They are there and then they aren't. Even at two a kid can figure out how to get out a door if it is locked or latched, they are always observing what we do. It seems like it is the good parents that don't stick their kids in playpens and let them walk around and interact with the parents that have problems. Those that stick them in playpens and cribs all day do not have any problems with the kids getting away.

I won't judge someone on an incident like this, I have seen really good parents lose their kids. Especially when they have two or more, those conniving hellions seem to plot against parents.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I have a feeling pre-election you may have had a better chance of getting assistance. More than half of society seems damaged and sad since the election.

What a small world! I have to be perfectly honest, I haven't heard of South Strafford (but there are many, many towns I've never heard of). It sounds like you enjoyed it while you were here. I will certainly think of you next time I have a chance to get some maple candy
if you ever visit, let me know. I've lived here for 28 years and don't plan on leaving.. ever.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Grace,
My heart truly goes out to you for your previous tragic experience, and I can only imagine how that added to the urgency you felt.

How horrible that people have turned so cold.

But I'll say it again, you are a light and perhaps some of your neighbors will glimpse that and warm up. That's about all one can do (imo) you can't force someone to be good.

You're not alone and there are many more little (but luminous) lights shining defiantly into the howling night!

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 07:44 PM
link   

What has happened to America?

Is this how deeply we’ve been split and forced to take sides on religion, politics, sexual preferences we can’t even come together to help a lost child?

peace

I actually have the answer.

You said you're from a small town correct? Typically in small towns everyone knows everyone else.

Now just imagine, everyone in your town branded you as a kidnapper and pedophile for trying to help find the 2 year old? Well, this is precisely what happened to some poor good Samaritan trying to help a little girl find her parents (and why people who use social media should really be more effin responsible with how they use it)....see below

A man trying to help a lost toddler find her parents was misidentified as a kidnapper on social media over the weekend, according to police in Lakeland, Fla., prompting him to leave town in fear for his safety and the safety of his family.
The man was also punched by the child’s father who told local media that he “thought he was trying to take my daughter” and “wanted to kill him.”
The whole episode prompted the Lakeland Police Department to warn citizens to “be careful about what you post on social media so as not to victimize an innocent person … Before posting information on matters such as this, we encourage people to identify the source and the validity of such claims before sharing them.”
Lakeland police, in a Facebook post, said the falsely accused man was visiting friends at a softball game when he noticed at a 2-year-old had gotten separated from her parents. She was “wandering by herself,” police said, and the man “believed that she was lost.
“The citizen attempted to ask the girl where her parents were and walked with her in hopes she could point them out,” the statement said, a fact verified by at least one independent witness.
At that point, “bystanders” told the parents that the man was “attempting to kidnap the child,” said police.
As the two were nearing the playground, three men approached them from behind, Patch reported. One man grabbed the girl and the other man, who is the child’s father, punched the man five or six times.
“I thought he was trying to take my daughter,” the girl’s father told News Channel 8.
“I saw this man with my daughter in his hands walking toward the parking lot. What would you do?” the father asked. “I wanted to kill him.”
The father told The Washington Post that it all happened very quickly, “within 45 seconds.”
The investigating officer noted the victim’s face had several cuts and was swollen.
Police concluded that the man was only trying to help. “We had an independent eyewitness that saw him walking around, asking, ‘Is this your parents? Is that your father?’” Sgt. Gary Gross with the Lakeland Police Department told Fox 13 News.
According to police the young girl tried to pull away but the man was concerned for her safety and picked her up and continued walking toward the playground, “hoping that he would be able to locate the child’s father.”
The father and his friends were not satisfied with the man’s explanation or that of the police. “So, I guess in Lakeland, you can kidnap a child and get away with it,” the father said to police, local media reported. The police report, local media said, described the father as “increasingly agitated.”
According to WFLA, other media outlets and police, family members and friends went on social media and shared the man’s photo, his Facebook page and his place of business, “calling him a child predator,” WFLA said.
Police, however, called him a “good Samaritan” in their statement. “It is understandable how parents can possibly be upset in a situation involving a lost child,” the statement said. “However, this incident truly involved a good Samaritan trying to assist a lost child finding” her parents.
“Accounts of this incident have circulated on social media with false information and speculation. Posting false information on Facebook could cause a defamation of character claim and those posting false information could be held [liable].”
One Facebook user responded: “I was one of those who shared post thinking it was helpful, now I feel awful that it clearly was not! Definitely teaches me to double check sources before spreading!”
“Now this man’s face is all over the internet,” said another commenter on the police department’s Facebook page. ” … The assumptions that were made can ruin this guys life. Unbelievable.”
The good Samaritan told several local outlets that he has now left town with his family for their safety. He says he will not press charges against the father.
The father made no apologies for his actions but told The Post, “All that matters is that my daughter is home safely.”

What got me was the father didnt even apologize

Now, do you really think this guy will ever be apt to help out another person? Ever?

And what if that "father" had a firearm? Do you think he would have hesitated for a second to use it? Disturbing on so many levels.
edit on 27-6-2017 by alphabetaone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: alphabetaone

I see your point and I agree to some point...

The thing is - I'm a woman - no child in tow - asking others to find a child who is lost.

And I fell on deaf ears and hearts...

peace

<< 1  2    4 >>

join