It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible Active Shooter at Alabama Military Installation

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: AkontaDarkpaw

Welcome to 2017. There seems to be a lot that you've missed while in a coma.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

Thank you!

That's NOT the kind of call anyone wants to get, but at least he is safe... could have been a lot worse.

I want to know who it is... wacko? Disgruntled worker? Political activist? Wanna-be terrorist?

Whoever it is, they picked the wrong state... anyone even brandishes a gun right now and there won't be enough left to pick up.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Welcome to 2017. There seems to be a lot that you've missed while in a coma.

Lol!!! Apparently... what'd i miss??

edit on 27-6-2017 by AkontaDarkpaw because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Police preparing to evacuate the Sparkman Center.... gate 9 seems to be a major point of interest.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I hope they get the person before many of the people trying to protect our country are hurt or killed. What a shame, our military people are not even safe on our own soil in their bases. I have known quite a few people in the military over the years, most were good people. A few were jerks, but they were jerks before they went in and the military actually dampened their jerkiness a bit.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Prayers for your son and everyone else on base. I'm not far from there myself.

And the wrong base, wrong state. Roger that. 100% correct.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Huntsville Hospital; no patients incoming yet, but they are readying for potential emergencies.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Police/FBI sweeping the Sparkman Center room by room...

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Nidal Hassan shot over 40 people, killing 13 of them, at Fort Hood in 2009.

Our military needs "saving" because they're not allowed to carry weapons on the regular, average day. So in an active shooter situation, they (they being the members of the military present) get told to "run, hide, fight" just like anybody else does. The video I posted highlights the super-duper awesome "security forces" that would be responding to an active shooter situation aboard Fort Bragg.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Redstone Arsenal has its own armed, permanent, military presence. The employees are told to "run, hide, fight" but the military isn't.

I love Alabama.

Something about Brown's Ferry nuclear plant nearby... didn't catch it all.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I believe that's a FBI vehicle (black SUV) blocking gate 9, so they're well involved at this point.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 11:27 AM
link   
This really feels like it's a drill. I hope I'm right.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I do not mean to downplay the severity of the situation, but I am rather glad that you have this immediate insider information. I prefer this personal news as opposed to waiting for the media to get the information correct!

Hopefully this turns out to be minor.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Fort Hood had it's own armed, permanent, military presence. The point remains that not every swingin' dick aboard a military installation is armed on a daily basis. If you're not armed, you're told to stay out of the way just like everybody else is, civilian or military.

RE - Brown's Ferry: county sheriff got a report of a suspicious person outside the nuclear plant and is attempting to locate. They don't think there's a connection right now, but don't know.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Not a drill. Redstone Arsenal has verified this is an active shooter.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Nidal Hassan shot over 40 people, killing 13 of them, at Fort Hood in 2009.

Our military needs "saving" because they're not allowed to carry weapons on the regular, average day. So in an active shooter situation, they (they being the members of the military present) get told to "run, hide, fight" just like anybody else does. The video I posted highlights the super-duper awesome "security forces" that would be responding to an active shooter situation aboard Fort Bragg.

Whoa i wasn't aware of that. I always assumed the military had weapons on them like the police do.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: IAMTAT

Not a drill. Redstone Arsenal has verified this is an active shooter.

TheRedneck

Yikes! Thank you for keeping us updated.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Thanks for the update... TV blinked out for a moment before I could get the details. It's back now.

Oh, not a signal blackout... weird power issue somehow, not had that plug lose power before...

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Not by a long shot, no. A small number aboard any given installation will be armed, but the majority of them will not have weapons or even necessarily easy access to a weapon.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   

I've got the FTP link from page 1 up and it seems pretty solid, FWIW. I haven't experienced any streaming issues, even on mobile.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join