It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Queen to receive £6 million pay rise

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 07:00 AM
link   
So it appears again the queen is to receive another £6 million from the royal grant fund

So please tell me again why we continue to fund someone who is already one of the most richest people on earth
in a nation where we have had nothing but austerity measures and the divide between rich and poor is widened yet again

Queen gets pay rise

why are we paying her when she reportedly has £340 million in her private holdings

how rich is the queen

I just cant find any real reason as to why we continue to fund this family when they are rich beyond anyones wildest dreams

surely they can pay for their upkeep themselves , what a #in cheek asking for money from us to refurbish buckingham palace
its your families home , I dont get money from the public to refurbish my family home!

once again another reason to abolish the monarchy completely

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 07:07 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 07:12 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

..the queen is to receive another £6 million from the royal grant fund

We hereby grant you the royal sum of millions.

Its for special people, not loans but 'gifts', interest and tax free.

In America we 'granted' 'royal' sums to a bunch of big companies in 2008, but we called that a 'bailout'. Wonder what people in UK think of that term.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 07:14 AM
link   
While the rest of us get 1% which is about a 14% real time cut in pay.

Let's not forget the £340 million in taxpayers money to refurbish her house.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 07:18 AM
link   
She needs it. She works really hard.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 07:19 AM
link   
a reply to: AgarthaSeed

I am no Republican but - ouch!

Perhaps we could save quite a bit by not paying any more taxpayers' money to the likes of Prince Andrew.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 07:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
While the rest of us get 1% which is about a 14% real time cut in pay.

Let's not forget the £340 million in taxpayers money to refurbish her house.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Guess the Queen is having trouble making ends meet in the palace.Darn economy(sarcasm).
edit on CDTTueam2761 by TDawg61 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 07:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82
So it appears again the queen is to receive another £6 million from the royal grant fund

So please tell me again why we continue to fund someone who is already one of the most richest people on earth
in a nation where we have had nothing but austerity measures and the divide between rich and poor is widened yet again

Queen gets pay rise

why are we paying her when she reportedly has £340 million in her private holdings

how rich is the queen

I just cant find any real reason as to why we continue to fund this family when they are rich beyond anyones wildest dreams

surely they can pay for their upkeep themselves , what a #in cheek asking for money from us to refurbish buckingham palace
its your families home , I dont get money from the public to refurbish my family home!

once again another reason to abolish the monarchy completely

I'm guessing your clueless about how the crown works. I'm an amarican and even u know tax money doesn't go to the queen. She gets paid off profits from what the crown owns. These holding's go straight to the government to be paid out to the queen.

So basically the government has taken her money and gives it back to her in installments and never the full amount. And they make way more than the queen costs in expenses

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Its an absolute outrage. The British people have been suffering for years under Tory "austerity" which was just a way to make ordinary people poorer and cream off the money for tax breaks to the ultra-rich. Now this.
How much more can we take?

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 07:44 AM
link   
I just did a bit of research as I must admit Idon't know much about how the Queen is funded. It is often bandied about that her Mag is worth billions and should pay for Buck House renovations herself.

I knew that the Crown estate is worth about £13 Billion but apparently it is not hers to do with as she pleases and she can't use any of that to pay for Buck House renovations.

Profit from the Estate (rents etc) goes to the Treasury and she gets a Sovereign Allowance of 15%. Over the past 10 years monies going to the Treasury come to £2.4 Billion. She does not run the Crown estate nor does the Govt, it is managed independently.

Of course, she does have her own source of wealth apart from the Crown Estate which is estimated at around £340 Million. No one knows for sure.

Against that is the estimated cost of doing up BH which is apparently £369 Million.

So her 15% share is to go up to 25% to cover this.

I didn't know this so just putting it out for a bit of balance.

I'm not sure where I stand on this increase so would be interested to see how this thread developes but am hoping David Icke type theories of 12' shape shifting alien lizards won't spring up too much.....

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

Funny, I'm hoping exactly the opposite. Though one wonders what 12' tall reptilians need with extra cash. How much roasted swan can one toff realistically eat?

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: sepermeru

I thought they are mostly eating babies?

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

Now that is a large benefit increase, no cap for the best paid benefits family in the UK eh!.

To be fair she does actually work but what a job and to be fair she and the rest of her close family are virtual prisoners, she can't just walk down the street when she want's, can't just take a stroll down to the shop's or anything but then the counter argument is that she does not have too.

If they were not a NET profit to the UK I agree with Corbyn on that matter, the Royal family should be removed from all trapping's of state, they are rich enough even if all benefits stopped and that PUBLIC land which is hidden under the crown was put back were it belong's in public hand's.

Of course if the Tory's and Toff's don't have someone to wave a flag around they would have to follow the US model of Corporate royalty and that could be even worse, to be fair I quite like the old lady, loved her mother and don't bear any grudge against them but I do not like that strange guy Andrew one tiny bit, do not dislike Edward, in fact he is likable and I think Charles is a bit tooty, you would have to be to prefer Camilla over Diana.

But as it stand's even if I am not a Royalist I like her, I like William and Harry but perhaps only because of there celebrity status as after all I have never met them, still the best paid benefits family in Britain though and actually a lot less British than many other benefit's claimant's are - Oh and they are not historically the real British Royal family, they are there because of politics not birth and will always be there regardless of the way I think because the royal institution is a part of the structure of our government from the top down.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Yes, Prince Andrew is an absolute tw@t. Charles "a bit tooty"? - completely bonkers, I'd say.

Harry is sound and would make a great King even if it is a job he does not apparently want. Charles? - not so much.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 08:18 AM
link   
I have seen this new pay rise defended on some of the news media comments, stating that she only receives a paltry 15% on profits of the Crown Estates - although this is to rise to 25% from next year I think. People also state how this is only a few pennies from every man, woman and child in the UK, as if paying a single penny to keep these elites in their lavish lifestyle is all fine and dandy!

What they do not mention, ever, is the personal wealth of the royal family, outside of the Crown Estates income, which for a very long time has been strictly off limits to anyone thinking of investigating or reporting it.

I also see the original £350Million for the Buckingham Palace refurb is now being reported as £369Million, but lets not haggle over a few mil. I bet the materials used will also be under better scrutiny than those the government and it's local authorities (staffed by both major parties) cleared for use in many of the peasant dwellings across the country that have, or are in danger of, causing massive infernos!

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Britguy

"They" do quite often mention what her personal wealth might be but it is only ever estimated as her Mag is not telling, but it seems to be pretty reliably estimated in millions rather than billions. Just Google "How much is the Queen worth" - sure - she is keeping quiet but plenty have investigated/reported on it without being bumped off or anything.

Does she actually cost every man, woman and child anything at all? I am not sure, anyone know this for sure?

Yes, I think aluminium cladding is probably out of the question for BH but then how much tourist revenue we get from Buck House?

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 08:31 AM
link   
What is she or her family going to do with all that money, die and take it to the grave?

Elderly and disabled continue to face austerity and cuts in benefit, reduction in support and legal aid. Reduction in grants and loans for disabled facilities.

But yeah let's give the queen more money, because she needs it so badly.

Why one person should be allowed to have that much cash handed to them is beyond me. We should get rid of the monarchy once and for all.

She probably owns trillions in possessions, property and land.
edit on 27-6-2017 by ISeekTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: ISeekTruth101

Trillions? Did you not read about how the Crown Estate actually works?

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

regardless of if the government takes money derived from "her" land , its not #ing hers its the people of the united kingdoms
not one families

thats my point there is no need to have a Royal anything

we should abolish royalty completely and remove them completely from our parliament return all lands to the public who #ing work the land and keep it

I mean the queen has diamonds big enough to feed a country for # sake

if anything stick them in a #ing museum as holograms , alot cheaper

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join