It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN Producer Admits They Have No Proof - Trump Is Good For Business

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Everyone that is unhappy about this should find out who CNN's advertisers are and link them to this video and ask why they are supporting fake news... Of course, no-one really cares enough to do that! XD

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: facedye

So Trump just needs the US Congress, US Senate and US Justice Department to say there's no proof. Of course, that's not likely to be easy, since every day seems to turn up more reasons to suspect Trump's a shady phony.

Worst. President. Ever.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: TownCryer

were you asleep for the entire election cycle? you're asking questions that have obvious answers.

need i remind you that literally every single federal agency huddled together like a football team to try and bring him and his cabinet down by absolutely mindless and baseless accusations of russian collusion?

what's crazy is, i didn't even vote for the guy nor do i want him as my president, but i can still objectively see how what you just said is ridiculous.

worst president ever?? how old were you when george w bush directed his cabinet to invade iraq and take millions of lives (both american and middle eastern) over completely fabricated pretenses? i'm assuming you were old enough to understand. that was (and still is) way worse than anything this senseless reality-star has done so far.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   

I remember the media selling that war as an extension of representation for official press releases, and as acting government agents of that information's dissemination into the public realm.

They took responsibility for their special experts and fact checking endeavors. As such they were directly involved and liable for violating standard business practices and breaking good faith agreements with the public.

They are egregious criminal enterprises misrepresenting the truth for financial gain. That is no small thing and certainly is worse than Trump.

edit on 6 27 2017 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: facedye
a reply to: TownCryer

were you asleep for the entire election cycle? you're asking questions that have obvious answers.

need i remind you that literally every single federal agency huddled together like a football team to try and bring him and his cabinet down by absolutely mindless and baseless accusations of russian collusion?

what's crazy is, i didn't even vote for the guy nor do i want him as my president, but i can still objectively see how what you just said is ridiculous.

worst president ever?? how old were you when george w bush directed his cabinet to invade iraq and take millions of lives (both american and middle eastern) over completely fabricated pretenses? i'm assuming you were old enough to understand. that was (and still is) way worse than anything this senseless reality-star has done so far.

It was to secure the stargate in Iraq! Come on, totally justified!

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

wonderfully put. i guess when it comes down to brass tacks, it's all about who's in your pocket, paid in full.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Tell me something we didn't already know.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 06:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kalixi
It was nothing more than McCarthyism. Can't believe it took this long to stop flogging the dead horse.

Except McCarthy was actually right in principle, so this is not McCarthyism but a witch hunt.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Damn, we have 3 threads on this, LoL.

So, the second video just came out that has Van Jones basically saying the whole Russian thing is a big "nothing burger".

TBH I was hoping for something a little harder hitting.

This will do nothing to break the programming of those silly people that still worship main stream cable news.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   

a reply to: icanteven

do the media outlets you personally pay attention to shoot themselves in the foot with heavy-handed editing? of course they do. they *all* do.

every media outlet edits their material. every investigative organization that has a political presence and platform to publish media themselves edit their material. with all due respect, your response here means absolutely nothing.

go ahead and assassinate their character all you'd like, but ask yourself this: is this really a candid interview with Bonifield, and did he really say these things within the context presented in this footage?

if the answer is yes, the editing of the video quite frankly does-not-matter.

if the answer is no, then for everyone's sake, you should present that material here as soon as possible.

i'll wait.

Thanks for waiting. Every media outlet worth its salt edits stories to turn them into narratives. They do this because people remember and respond to storytelling. Modern media, at its core, is about entertainment. So if Veritas is a media outlet, they're about entertaining their audience, too.

As someone who has worked in a field that frequently works with media, I see this story a little differently. Here's why: CNN is a big company. Its website says that it has 3,000 employees and 40 editorial operations worldwide. Like any large company, its employees have varying ideologies.

Having "producer" in your title doesn't make you a spokesperson for the network, nor does it make you special. This is true across all media. The same rules apply in most corporations, too. How many senior managers, directors and other middle managers do you think a big software company has, for example? A large number, I would imagine. If a one of the many product directors of a software company is caught talking about how great the competition's product is, is the product director speaking for the whole company? While the product director's words can reflect poorly on his employer, it doesn't mean the product director is speaking for the entire organization.

That's the trouble I have with this video. The person speaking is a producer in the health news unit. He is not speaking from the point of view of the entire network. I think the producer is a Trump supporter, which is why it's easy to goad him into talking about grabbing the pu... err... I mean goading him into sharing his POV about the network's coverage. I'm sure it wouldn't take long for you to find another person at CNN (or any other big company) who is more than happy to complain about his employer.

The health group has nothing to do with national political coverage beyond reporting about health care policy. He's one of who-knows-how-many producers that work at the network. And, he doesn't seem to agree with the network's approach to covering Trump. That's about all the Veritas interview tells us. Any other truth that is divined from it is part of the narrative that other media outlets are telling. The Trump administration is leveraging it as a way to further convince its true-believers that, indeed, all of CNN is out to get them and their precious bodily fluids.

edit on 28-6-2017 by icanteven because: typos grr...

edit on 28-6-2017 by icanteven because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   

oh my god, give me a break.

this footage is authentic, and its meaning is blatant - untampered, within its own presented context.

your response is 150% speculative. i was waiting for a response with material to discredit what PV posted, not your personal opinion on why you don't want this to be true.

first your tune was "they're twisting around his words. he didn't really say this."

then your tune changed to "he's only a producer. CNN has many producers!"

this applies to you:

squirm
skwərm/Submit
verb
wriggle or twist the body from side to side, especially as a result of nervousness or discomfort.
"all my efforts to squirm out of his grasp were useless"
synonyms: wriggle, wiggle, writhe, twist, slide, slither, turn, shift, fidget, jiggle, twitch, thresh, flounder, flail, toss and turn
"I tried to squirm away"
show or feel embarrassment or shame.
synonyms: wince, shudder, feel embarrassed, feel ashamed
"he squirmed as everyone laughed"

edit on 28-6-2017 by facedye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   

oh my god, give me a break.

this footage is authentic, and its meaning is blatant - untampered, within its own presented context.

your response is 150% speculative. i was waiting for a response with material to discredit what PV posted, not your personal opinion on why you don't want this to be true.

first your tune was "they're twisting around his words. he didn't really say this."

then your tune changed to "he's only a producer. CNN has many producers!"

this applies to you:

squirm
skwərm/Submit
verb
wriggle or twist the body from side to side, especially as a result of nervousness or discomfort.
"all my efforts to squirm out of his grasp were useless"
synonyms: wriggle, wiggle, writhe, twist, slide, slither, turn, shift, fidget, jiggle, twitch, thresh, flounder, flail, toss and turn
"I tried to squirm away"
show or feel embarrassment or shame.
synonyms: wince, shudder, feel embarrassed, feel ashamed
"he squirmed as everyone laughed"

I took time to thoughtfully and respectfully reply to you and to share my perspective, and even interjected a little dry humor. It's fine if you don't like it. I don't care either way, though my feelings are hurt a little when my jokes fall flat.

It looks to me that this producer did say some nasty things about his employer. It happens. I don't indict the entire network over a single producer. Sorry.

What I do take issue with, however, is that you attributed quotes to me that I did not say in any of my posts. Even though misquoting someone is a form of deception, I am giving you the benefit of the doubt; Perhaps you just don't understand the proper use of quotation marks. It's clear you know how to use the dictionary, so there's hope for you yet. Since you can look things up, I would recommend that you head to the Elements of Style and read about the differences between quoting, paraphrasing and summarizing.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   

It looks to me that this producer did say some nasty things about his employer. It happens. I don't indict the entire network over a single producer. Sorry.

LOL, the amount of cognitive dissonance you're displaying here is absolutely legendary. how about Van Jones calling it a huge nothing burger? now there's a producer and one of the leading commentators saying the same exact thing. what now?

so you didn't imply that they were manipulating his words? you didn't imply that his "opinion" doesn't reflect the actual workings of the network?

please. i see right through this, and everyone else with common sense does too.
edit on 28-6-2017 by facedye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   

LOL, the amount of cognitive dissonance you're displaying here is absolutely legendary. how about Van Jones calling it a huge nothing burger? now there's a producer and one of the leading commentators saying the same exact thing. what now?

so you didn't imply that they were manipulating his words? you didn't imply that his "opinion" doesn't reflect the actual workings of the network?

please. i see right through this, and everyone else with common sense does too.

Do you even know what cognitive dissonance is? I'm not holding contradictory beliefs. My point of view has remained consistent. You could even say it has been strengthened since I've had time to reflect on CNN as a complex, hierarchical organization with the same problems that big, complex organizations have.

For Van Jones, perhaps it is a big nothing burger. That seems to be the prevailing view by many on ATS, too. Jones has publically said that there's no smoking gun, yet. Why is this news all of the sudden?

But the investigation is ongoing. Jones will report the smoking gun if and when one is found.

I only have a glazed expression at this quote from your post: "so you didn't imply that they were manipulating his words? you didn't imply that his opinion' doesn't reflect the actual workings of the network?" I have no idea what you're trying to say.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   

For Van Jones, perhaps it is a big nothing burger. That seems to be the prevailing view by many on ATS, too. Jones has publically said that there's no smoking gun, yet. Why is this news all of the sudden?

hahahahaha, you don't know why this is news??

maybe it has something to do with the position you yourself just posited that "this only seems to be the opinion of one producer"?? hmm..

man.. are you sure you want to keep having this discussion? you may state that you're being consistent in your position, but that couldn't be further from the truth.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I really hope the left is taking notes on how to provide evidence for their claim...

This is how you prove something. By showing actual, concrete proof, and not by the "anonymous" sources which don't exist. It's funny how most of the mainstream media is completely ignorant on this news, but they all jump the gun when it suits their agenda. Another proof that there's no real journalism anymore. Journalists are people who work for private corporations, with no interest of informing people, but to push whatever it is they're assigned to push

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 11:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Trumpamania

All I know is Trump can't be any worse than Obama. It couldn't be possible.

This is what I have always said. Trump is bad (very bad) but he's no worse than Obama.

I personally think this whole thing has been to make us believe there is really any disagreement in the government at all. I think the only people who really have any differences are the people who believe that their votes count. And that is why this circus keeps going. To keep those people focused on each other instead of trying to figure out why nothing ever changes and the government only ever gets bigger and bigger and taxes just go up and up and our rights just keep eroding.
edit on 28-6-2017 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: BrianFlanders

well said. i completely agree.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 08:18 AM
link   

a reply to: tadaman

This how WaPo discribed Powel's performance at the time :

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 08:31 AM
link   
thank you for posting this snapshot, i remember this from back then as well.

the mass media quite blatantly seemed to be partnering up with the federal agencies pushing for us to invade.

in hindsight, this is nothing but a disastrous display for all of human kind. these are criminals, of the highest order, operating with total impunity.

what's changed since Rome? in my opinion, only the wardrobes and accessories.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join