It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Low income people should not have insurance. They should be treated for free.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: allsee4eye
a reply to: AdmireTheDistance

The doctors signed up to be public servants. They have a moral responsibility to treat the unfortunate. 100,000 annual government salary is enough for them.

Health care professionals have bills too. How do they pay their bills if they provide their service for free? College and medical school is expensive. Most have loans to pay off. How do they do this with no income? No, they did not sign up to be public servants (actually you are advocating slavery imo).

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Khaleesi

The department of health and human services has a budget of nearly 100 billion, more than enough to pay each doctor 100,000 annual salary and have low income people treated for free.
edit on 26-6-2017 by allsee4eye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: allsee4eye

AllSee4Eye, I'm starting to ENVY how you're able to get such vibrant threads started with minimal effort on your part!

I started trending my threads in that direction earlier today, but it wasn't divisive/controversial enough it seems. (CBO Scoring... booooring, LOL.)

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 09:15 PM
link   
If these doctors who are currently earn as much as presidential salary don't want a 100,000 fixed annual salary, they are free to leave. There are plenty of people who are willing to help patients with such a salary.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 09:18 PM
link   

The department of health and human services has a budget of nearly 100 billion, more than enough to pay each doctor 100,000 annual salary and have low income people treated for free.

You'd have to hurt our loved ones over age 65, if you did that.
www.hhs.gov...

Plus, the best doctors would stop accepting "government" patients. That trend started in 2014, when ObamaCare fully kicked in.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 09:19 PM
link   

We should keep government out of most things. Just let the doctor and patient work it out.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 09:19 PM
link   

We need to audit everything from the top down and figure out where we are being screwed. Too bad people are profiting off of us so we wont have that.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Antipathy17

The government needs oversight to prevent doctors from colluding and maintain free market competition between doctors so they don't screw patients. Or, a better and simpler way is to pay doctors a fixed annual salary to prevent that from happening.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 09:24 PM
link   

I worked in the medical field. You have no clue what you are talking about. Doctors and nurses and other medical professionals usually have loans they have to pay back. Loans on the magnitude that is equivalent to a mortgage for most people. They also have to pay rent or a mortgage for somewhere to live. They have to buy a car or get a loan on a car. Buy clothes, food and basic needs just like everyone else. Most doctors do not start to break even until they are well into their 40's.

A doctor has a right to make a living, just like anyone else. How about the hospitals expenses, such as electricity and maintenance? The staff that works at the hospital? How do they get paid? Nurses, x-ray techs, lab techs, respiratory techs etc. How about the freaking house keeping crew? You want EVERYONE to donate their time for free all the way down to the effing janitors? You have no clue what you are talking about.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 09:25 PM
link   

1,046,000 doctors in the US.

100 billion dollars divided by 1,046,000 is shy of $9600.00.

That is how much each doctor would get a year. I don't think it is more than enough.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Antipathy17

That is a great idea.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Most of the $100,000 dollars would go towards malpractice insurance and leave the doctor with about 30,000 a year. People sue doctors for everything nowadays, sometimes warranted, mostly not Imo.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 09:26 PM
link   

a reply to: JinMI

That's why I suggested doctors be paid like professors are. A fixed government salary rather than paid on a per treatment basis.

If doctors were not paid well, WHY would someone bust their ass for 8 years of school, plus residency?? Plus taking on hundreds of thousands of loans out? I had to take out 130,000 to get my degree. I would not have done so if the monetary benefit was not there. You do that, and you will get mediocre doctors, and you do not want that.
edit on pm66201717America/Chicago26p09pm by annoyedpharmacist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 09:30 PM
link   
In the near future machines can take over the jobs of doctors. All the patient has to do is input, computer chums out the solution faster than any doctor can. Computer can store far more than any doctor can learn in a lifetime. Doctors better do a darn good job while they still have one and don't get cocky.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 09:31 PM
link   

How much do doctors make in Canada?

edit on 26-6-2017 by seentoomuch because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3daysgone

1,046,000 doctors in the US.

100 billion dollars divided by 1,046,000 is shy of $9600.00.

That is how much each doctor would get a year. I don't think it is more than enough.

The more doctors that quit/leave the larger the salaries for those who remain!

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: seentoomuch

About as much as a professor does. www.reddit.com...

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: seentoomuch

How much do doctors make in Canada?

""More than 90 per cent of Canadian physicians are incorporated, which has some tax advantages, such as lower taxes, income splitting (paying a salary to a spouse, for example), and deferring tax payments by holding money in the corporation.

Let’s take a practical example of how this works, courtesy of the Canadian Medical Association. A physician with billings of about $250,000 would have a net income of about $200,000 and take home $127,100 after taxes. That same physician, incorporated, would have roughly the same take-home but be able to defer taxes on $60,000.""

www.theglobeandmail.com...

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3daysgone
How about we forget about health insurance altogether, and let the payment be worked out between the doctor and patient.

This is probably the most logical statement i have heard regarding healthcare.

Insurance is a racket... it's asinine.

Those who need it can't afford it and those who can afford it don't need it.

Doctors should get paid on a sliding scale. Those under their care should pay what they can afford.

If an office visit is set at $375, then perhaps those who are on a tight budget only pay 10%. As the patient can afford it, they get paid up to their actual fee. This prevents price gouging while offering medical care to the less fortunate.

Win/win...

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Antipathy17

We need to audit everything from the top down and figure out where we are being screwed. Too bad people are profiting off of us so we wont have that.

A lot of it is driven by the "demand" side of economics. As long as most people say, "Doctor, help me...I don't care what it cost...HELP ME!", you're at their mercy.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join