It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Low income people should not have insurance. They should be treated for free.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 08:51 PM
link   
It's high time insurance companies stop leeching off the low income class. Provided these people have a legitimate reason to have low income, such as unemployment rather than being satisfied with welfare without trying to find employment, these people should be treated at hospitals for free. There should be a new law that says doctors cannot turn away low income patients provided these people are in such condition out of their control, such as being laid off, and they are trying their best to find employment. Doctors are supposed to be public servants like professors. Doctors should be put on fixed government income of 100,000 a year the same as professors get, rather than charging patients on a treatment basis of 1 charge per treatment. This is basic decency and morality. There should also be a new law that bars private for profit insurance companies from gambling with people's lives and health.

www.opposingviews.com...

+7 more 
posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 08:52 PM
link   
And who's going to pay for this?

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: allsee4eye

How about unifying under the banner that healthcare is too expensive and is in no way proportionate to the care received?

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance
And who's going to pay for this?

+1.

NOTHING is free.
EVERYTHING must be paid for.

what the OP means, I think, is 'poor people should get health care paid for by rich people'.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: AdmireTheDistance

My thoughts exactly.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Or how about we all admit that health problems are a lie and a forced consequence in a fake world with limitation and rules based on keeping a proper balance?

Then maybe we can all move on and make everything better and not debate such nonsense.
edit on 26-6-2017 by FlukeSkywalker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: ElGoobero

actually money is meaningless, everything is free until you decide it has monetary value. This is how society is contained and how humanity is restricted. We are so greedy and self absorbed that we need money to govern us.

edit on 26-6-2017 by Charlyboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   

The doctors signed up to be public servants. They have a moral responsibility to treat the unfortunate. 100,000 annual government salary is enough for them.
edit on 26-6-2017 by allsee4eye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Before insurance we had house calls, just sayin'

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

That's why I suggested doctors be paid like professors are. A fixed government salary rather than paid on a per treatment basis.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: ElGoobero

No. I suggested a new law that mandates doctors treat the unfortunate for free.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Whys the government gotta pay them. Ugh. Government has enough crap they cant get right

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: allsee4eye

The doctors signed up to be public servants. They have a moral responsibility to treat the unfortunate. 100,000 annual government service is enough for them.

I beg to differ. 'public servant' means government employee.
Doctors are trained professionals and often self-employed; or employed with other doctors at a clinic.

I understand the Hippocratic Oath dictates a doctor must help any patient. I think many tell impoverished patients to just go to the emergency room.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 09:03 PM
link   
How about we forget about health insurance altogether, and let the payment be worked out between the doctor and patient.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: MissCoyote

Doctors are public servants just like professors. Professors are government paid. So should doctors.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: 3daysgone

That's what I suggested. A new law that bars private insurance companies from gambling with people's lives and health. They are out there to make money for themselves at everyone else's expense. They are not needed.

Doctors should have a fixed annual government salary. Nothing to work out between doctor and patient.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: allsee4eye

Government is not the answer.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

It is unless the department of health and human services is abolished. This department has an annual budget in the trillions. Enough to pay each doctor 100 grand annual salary and mandate low income people be treated free of charge.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 09:07 PM
link   
What if they are "laid-off", but live in an $800,000 home? ObamaCare Medicaid only looks at income. People in these situations are already "taken care of".

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

If they live in an 800 grand house, but if they are laid off, then they are in a dire situation, so they should be treated for free.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join