It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So whats really happening in London UK?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: OmNiLeGIoN

I would say to look at who the towers belong or what companies they house. Anyone related to politics or major corporations? Who stands to loose? Who stands to gain? Are they trying to recreate events on 9/11 to prove there was thermyte?

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Heruactic

Are they trying to recreate events on 9/11 to prove there was thermyte?

wut

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: MaestroMind
That is exactly what it is.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 04:08 PM
link   

This is an interesting video in which a lady puts forward a conspiracy theory surrounding Grenfell Tower .. .

www.youtube.com...

Be sure to read the comments below the video too, there is a link posted that goes to the council site where it says in the building history that Grenfell Tower was at one time earmarked for demolition. There are some other very interesting comments.

Grenfell Tower building history

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 04:12 PM
link   
The thing I find most strange about this is the evacuation of these tower blocks, to make it makes very little sense. if the cladding is so dangerous why not just remove it? that would be far cheaper than rehousing the 100 or so families from each of these blocks of flats, we will know something is up when they say it is to expensive to repair the flats and they have to be demolished, making way for developers to make luxury homes is some of the most sought after area's in London...

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I blame the cladding. I don't know if there's a hidden agenda.

I do find it odd they are acting so swiftly to check the safety of the other towers at risk . Even though they should, but usually you would expect them to take years.
As far as I've read they're finding new homes for the tower victims as well and some are being house in posh luxury flats, much to the tenants dismay.
I've not read the latest news on it for the past few days.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 04:27 PM
link   

"So whats really happening in London UK?"

Summer time.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: PrinceDreamer

Could be that

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 04:28 PM
link   

I could see a war in London happening, like the illumated card of a clock tower falling. It could be japan too I dunno.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Blender5L

War is already happening in London... aggressive gangs culture messing kids heads up, generation after generation... low life scum, no value for human life..

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Tulpa

If they evacuate due to the cladding catching fire, then are they going to remove all the combustibles from houses as well?

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 05:11 PM
link   
They have found the magic money tree and are having to pay for the short cuts thrust upon the poor due to an ideology of austerity.

But like the Tories say, wait for the investigation to conclude and most of the people responsible would have died by then. Oh, my bad, that's the historical child abuse inquiry.

But as the Establishment's party are there to protect the Establishment, don't expect any investigation to be concluded within 5 years.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: 0racle

It's a far cry from the 1900+ I can't imagine returning there now, I wouldn't recognize the place. Culture shock maximum overload.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: PrinceDreamer

The Government have fire tested a lot of tower blocks since the fire happened, with the result being every single one has failed the fire safety inspection, that's right 100% fail rate. That Includes places from all over the UK from Manchester to London.

The only places that have been evacuated are in Camden with the reason cited as they failed on multiple factors not just the cladding.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

Glad to see you see it for what it is. All one has to do is some critical thinking about logistics of the land by breaking out a map to see it. Look at the big picture.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I don't know about the endgame but the short game here is mass gentrification. Areas that were dilapidated and deprived such as where I live in Brixton have now become prime real estate with huge regeneration projects as the rich move outward from the city and foreign investors buy everything they can get their hands on. Naturally, they don't want to live amongst the poor people or have to see the giant tower blocks that once dominated the horizon, yet they want the weird coolness that's supposedly associated with living somewhere edgy.

Brixton is barely recognisable these days...it's full of pop up shops selling faux authentic foreign streetfood, trendy bars and coked up yuppies, the music that once played out of record shops and barbers on the high street is gone as the new shops moved in and complained about the noise...is this progress? I suppose in some ways it is, in others it's just homogenisation of towns that once had a distinct identity. For the poor people who've always lived here that can no longer pay extortionate rents it's not so friendly.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 05:53 PM
link   

I went to London a year ago and hardly recognized the place from what it was in the 90's. Sad state of affairs there.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: LIverPunch

Some guy tried to mug me, I gave him a 1-3 punch and knocked him out. New Yorkers dont miss pickpockets much.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: MagnaCarta2015

I'm not all that sorry to see the back of 'Old Brixton'. Yes, it had character, and a community or two, but it was fundamentally a sh1thole. Hopefully someone will do something about Streatham next. By G-d, if only there had been a ball-bearing factory there in the 1940s perhaps the Luftwaffe could have done us all a favour.

The thing about London is that it spreads outward as each new generation of earners develops: They move into slummy areas and tart them up, and everyone else moves a bit further outward. The rich get lots of 'renovatable' property at knock-down prices, and the less well off colonise somewhere a bit further afield (and probably, in Brixton's case, a lot nicer).

We're within half-a-dozen generations of a time when there was no South London at all. When the 1851 Great Exhibition's "Crystal Palace" was moved from Hyde Park to the area that is now named "Crystal Palace" (in 1854) the area was part of the fairly rural Borough of Penge, which lay in the county of Kent. Now you'd be hard-pressed to find anyone who thought it had never been part of London.

I actually remember drinking with an elderly cockney in the 1990s who refused to accept that there was such a thing as South London on precisely this basis, so it had clearly been passed down from parents to children for a few iterations. He also firmly believed that there was a Scottish conspiracy to take over England, which I am assuming was a distant hand-me-down memory of the Jacobite rebellion. I'm not proposing this cockney was any great font of wisdom; in fact he was a stupid old see you next tuesday, but that's neither here nor there. Anyway, where was I? Lost my thread, haven't I, so it's time to press the reply button, I think.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 06:34 PM
link   

What the world is seeing is the spite filled mass of self serving British local government responding to having their knuckles rapped.

When the BBC repeatedly plays a song with the opening lines "I refuse to forget you / I refuse to neglect you", prefacing "Bridge over Troubled Water", to raise money for the victims of the fire you can sense the anger, more 'condemnation', of the officialdom involved. The song itself would have done.

Evacuating tower blocks is a kind of nasty, mean, thing to do. Central government kicks the councils (who've sat on Health and Safety problems for years), so councils kick the tenants, because, mistakenly, the councils think tenants are rubbish and can't bite back.

What is happening here, first in London, then across the country, is the 'threshold of ineptitude' is being seen to be crossed by local government.

It's not just evacuating places that have been fine for twenty years, its that they are doing it badly - putting a family of five in hostel accommodation for one, for example.

Ultimately Central government will have to make a decision to reform local government or see the itself challenged.

The masses - empowered, first by the evidenced failure of government at all levels to protect them, and second, by the experience of protecting themselves in a crisis - will demand local government change as the price for central government stability.

Not immediately, perhaps, but in words of another Paul Simon song, 'Wristband', "the riots started slowly with the homeless and the lowly".

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join