It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pools of liquid mercury under the pyramids, not

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 01:27 AM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

It would the most awesome case, if the legends were true,

But you know that they made lots and lots of art using cinnabar, beautiful pieces of art, and they most likely used it as a pigment in terracotta, this could be the reason for the high mercury readings they are getting.

A very possible explanation this is....

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 04:27 AM
link   
a reply to: solve
Not at all, in fact I encourage new ideas and theories on ATS and was a little excited that you might offer another perspective on this discovery.

I just wanted you to add a little more substance to your claim and I assumed that you were avoiding it because you are young and lacked the confidence to assert your idea.

Also the fact that you asked for photos I assumed you didn't understand the chemistry behind liquid mercury and had thought some mercury would still exist in liquid form. I am only encouraging you to learn more about this and possibly bring something more to the table then just an accusation.

I'm sorry if you took this as an insult but your claim left many questions and is little confusing for me because the discovery was nothing I would consider suspicious in a south American temple especially with the history of cinnabar in the region. Why would they lie about finding traces of mercury? What purpose does it serve? Who's lying?

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 04:55 AM
link   
a reply to: kobalt7

I think it is just an insane idea, that they would go through the difficult process of roasting mercury from cinnabar, only to pour it in a tunnel, where it will instantly start to leech to the surroundings. It was a valuable commodity, even in Egypt.

But this debate has sparked an interesting thought, when i was trying to imagine The process of roasting mercury in ancient times, with ore grinding metal balls, cylinders and vapor collectors etc...

Could the Pacal sarcophagus lid, be a representation of this device?

A more reasonable theory compared to a spaceship anyway.. Since many sarcophagi in that area, are filled with cinnabar.

-Edit, i tried to find some information, about what kind of tools they used to process cinnabar, but i did not have any luck, only theory..

I still think its the most sane explanation for the high readings, that it`s because they made lots of it, not from filling entire tunnels with it..
edit on 28-6-2017 by solve because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Well, you know how they always say the early computers were so big they filled rooms and buildings? Maybe the early thermometers were the size of pyramids. LOL

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: solve
This is the post I wanted thank you! You gotta lead with this kinda stuff, don't let it get a couple pages in before you do otherwise your ideas get lost in the sea of posts.

The amount of liquid mercury was probably limited like the other sites its been found. Since its value was more inline with its spiritual significance I doubt its longevity or processing was an issue and considering the lengths they went in their culture to appease the gods they worshiped I don't think its outside the realm of possibilities.

The Pacal lid to me is a fairly common representation of the mythology that you see repeated across the region so I can't really subscribe to the ancient alien theory either. I was all over that kinda stuff when I was young but as I learned more about the history and culture that particular theory held less and less weight.

Its an interesting theory that the lid could be depicting a device of some kind, the iconography is fluid so new ideas are always welcome. These days I find the similarities among all the ancient cultures much more fascinating but there are still finds that force you to think about the possibilities.

Your direction definitely brings to light questions that should be asked and the lack of data is frustrating but don't just straight accuse someone of falsehood without being forthcoming about your reasoning. Its not fair to them and it makes you look like a child of which you clearly are not.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

There are only 2 pyramids that they have found evidence of mercury beneath that I know of, The Teotihuacan temple and the Chinese mausoleum of the first Emperor. The pyramid inside lake Michigan is reported to be loosely built up of cobble stones and so far no serious archaeological study has been done but there are dozens of earthworks in the US so it definitely something that could further our understanding of the lost history of the Americas.

The practice of building churches on old temples and religious sites has nothing to do with leylines and more to do with erasing or destroying other religious ideologies and cultural histories. It was a common tactic by the time the church did it to subjugate and destroy cultures/histories of the converted masses they encountered.

Its hard to capture definitive proof of these claims because of the nature of mercury. What we know of its ancient use is based on historical accounts, archaeological finds, glyph writing and the evidence it leaves behind when it leeches into rocks and dirt. I wish there were photos of something so spectacular too unfortunately there are none to take at this point.

posted on Jun, 13 2019 @ 05:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Mianeye

They are filthy liars, all of them, only grabbing cash, hiding truth.

Still no evidence, only more claims!

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join