It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump accuses Obama of inaction over Russia meddling claim

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

But why would Obama spread info showing that he was negligent?

What kind of negligence? What should Obama have done that he didn't do?

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Maybe it was an admission that his and all Gvts are hamstrung about 'outside' interference ?

I hate to say it and point - unsubstantiated - fingers, but, i'm willing to bet money on Cambridge Analytica ..

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 11:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

I'm not aware of the covert tools that Presidents have at their disposal. But presumably, "Do Nothing" is not one of them.

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 11:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Damiel

I hate to say it and point - unsubstantiated - fingers, but, i'm willing to bet money on Cambridge Analytica ..

Interesting, re: Cambridge Analytica..

"The role and impact of the company's data analysis on those campaigns has been disputed and is the subject of ongoing criminal investigations in the United States and United Kingdom."

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 11:12 PM
link   
yup

edit on 24/6/17 by Damiel because: For a conspiracy site, Cambridge Analytica should be good fodder :p

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 11:13 PM
link   

DNC-WikiLeaks potentially saved the world.

Why don't we just turn the US over to Putin, then, since he's done so much good for us, and knows what's best for us.

Non sequitur....

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 11:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

I'm not aware of the covert tools that Presidents have at their disposal. But presumably, "Do Nothing" is not one of them.

Right. "Do Nothing" IS NOT a tool that Obama actually used.

“There has been this theory we didn’t do anything, which I take issue with,” Monaco says in the interview, describing a decision by the administration—despite the extraordinary nature of a series of cyberattacks targeting the American political process itself—to treat the Russian intervention using the same law enforcement-focused approach it had in previous major hacks by “malicious” state actors.

“We treated it very much in the way that we have done other malicious activity by cyber actors,” Monaco says, choosing to turn the case over to the FBI and intelligence agencies to figure out how and when to “attribute” the attack publicly without giving away the evidence used to reach that conclusion. “We applied the same framework that we have in other contexts, whether it was China stealing intellectual property, whether it’s Iran committing denial of service attacks on our financial institutions, whether it’s North Korea in the Sony attack,” Monaco says. “We applied a framework and a playbook that we have done many times.”
www.politico.com...

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 11:18 PM
link   
a reply to: whywhynot

Words, and their meaning, matter.

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 11:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Damiel
... i remember, at some point last year, Obama saying that the alphabet agencies should be carefull
carefull about releasing info that could influence the vote (i've been looking for threads for a timeline)

At that time,there was pizzagate, pussygrabgate, hillsmailservergate,gate-gategate...
All of which was - for me, at any rate - election tittletalk
no real substance and not hugely interesting

But for a sitiing Potus to tell the agencies to can it,
for fear of skewing the election made me think at the time
Clinton or Trump must have some very dirty laundry that no-one should hear about

Clinton's mails,Trump's dodgy business dealings

Now it makes a bit more sense
Russian tampering was known about,
as early as last summer

Think about it....

4 months from now, people are voting for the new CIC
You are the sitting CIC

What would happen if you came out saying 'the russians are interfering...'
imagine the #storm !!!!!!!!!!

Add to that, the sitting Senate majority leader coming out and saying any attempt to bring it up to the public will be met with intense political back lash and you have a recipe for damned if you do and damned if you dont.

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 11:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Pyle
Like, hell yeah !
seriously

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 12:11 AM
link   

a reply to: whywhynot

Words, and their meaning, matter.

/ 5-ways you're accidentally condescending jerk online

www.makeuseof.com...

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 12:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

From what I understand Russia tried to gain access to voter tallies but failed.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 12:58 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

Okay..the "something" was figuring out how to make the attack known to the public. "Something that had been done many, many times before."

No mention of developing counter-measures against future attacks. Billions of tax-payer dollars to the FBI and Intelligence community for "public relations". No wonder we can't even covertly take-out Kim Jong.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Barack Obama received an “intelligence bombshell” from the CIA last August warning him that Russian president Vladimir Putin was directing a hacking campaign to tip the presidential election in Donald Trump’s favor

Trump tweeted on Thursday, “if Russia was working so hard on the 2016 election, it all took place during the Obama admin. Why didn’t they stop them?”

the Obama administration considered retaliatory options against Moscow including the release of intelligence that might embarrass Putin and planting “cyber weapons” in Russia’s infrastructure, but eventually settled on something less ambitious.

Link

How could the leader of any country,
in this day and age,
go around accusing another country
of skewing things....

That's like starting wars; no ?

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 01:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Damiel
Trump is right, Obama was weak in dealing with the issue.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 01:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: why4what
a reply to: Damiel
Trump is right, Obama was weak in dealing with the issue.

Are you related to ATS member, "Phage"? You are direct to the point, just like him. (He's liberal-leaning though..)

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Yea for trump and is stupid comments, so we started off with no russia did not do anything, to maybe they attempted something, to waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa its obamas fault.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 08:33 AM
link   

No mention of developing counter-measures against future attacks.

Wrong. There were direct confrontations, sanctions, the shuttering of their Embassies compound, expulsions of the Russian Ambassadors and their Embassy staffs. Also, Obama authorized a new "cyber weapon" to use against them. He also made sure that the incriminating data that they discovered was widely distributed and saved from would be saboteurs.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

Where do you see info about this new "cyber weapon" that the Obama Administration authorized?

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Meddling is an ambiguous term. I can post on some random blog about how Hillary is this bad that bad, that's meddling in an election? No it's not. It's freedom of speech.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join