It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Free million dollar idea

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Here is a free million dollar idea.

Sky box.

Speaker system set up through out a metropolitan city or busy part of a small town that plays music uploaded like a youtube video.

All content would be run through a filter with rules and standards much like youtube T&C, and then be made available to play publicly in designated areas.

So places where there are skyboxes would link to any device with the app installed. Your playlist would be available in parks for BBQs, night life and bar districts, and so on.

To play a song or use the jukebox feature you pay.

Much like the "linknyc" free wifi in NYC, the sky box would be linked to the internet and offer a readily available play list that can play songs from known artists, royalties paid to them. In addition unkown artists can get exposure with a new medium of delivery.

Zoning can come into play where areas with more street traffic cost more for play time.

Even if limited to public parks or subway installations it could kick start a nation wide speaker system that could double as an emergency alert system.

Have at it.

edit on 6 23 2017 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman
Here is a free million dollar idea.

So whats stopping you

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

Nice idea but as soon as you play loud music anywhere outdoors in "busy parts of town", people would get upset.

Can you imagine? Someone selecting the same song five times in a row, its a punk rock and the town is country!

Good for a laugh or two... now, wheres the volume control again?

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Can I not do the same thing now through my phone and ear buds? Or an iPod for music..

I don't see the value in the extra infrastructure . If I was on shark tank I would politely decline to make an offer..

Keep thinking outside the box though please!

It only takes one winner...

Respectfully,
~meathead

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Some twisted bastard would hack it to play macarena on repeat.

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 06:46 PM
link   
What if it gets hacked and the hackers just want giggles by playing what they want or even broadcasting false emergency announcements. They could also be subject to theft and vandalism.

Nice idea , but thinking of everything that could go wrong first is how you have to approach any good idea. Fixing those forseeable problems before implementing the idea is a must.

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I remember when they used to have speakers on the telephone poles in town. They would play christmas music on them and once in a while music played in the evening in the summer. That was a long time ago. I think they were there for a public emergency address system in case Russia launched nukes. At least they got used anyway.

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Then someone will come along w/a $2M idea and call it a "Walkman" listen to what YOU want without the fear of bothering that grubby guy talking to Himself about "Hearing Voices" and mumbling something about "Thorazine™"

Oh, but don't fret.. This Park is a "Gun Free Zone" so When, not 'if' this guy loses 'it' enough of Us who were just singing YMCA in unison, will be able to "come together" as a team and tackle this guy... (Who will later be identified as a "Muslim"...)

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   

We already have that feature, it's called birds.
And the owls are not what they seem.

Watched Vendetta recently?

edit on 23-6-2017 by PublicOpinion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Did you know that certain species of birds have stopped and forgotten parts of their songs, because of the noise?

Stop noise polluting.

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 03:27 PM
link   

I'd play this all the time.

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

Like being a Goth? But being it: ironically?

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Like being a Goth? But being it: ironically?

I don't know what that means?

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Only in my worst nightmares would I be subject to the sounds
streaming through one circus peanut head after another, with
no recourse save to go deaf.

No, thanks.

# 815

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 04:20 PM
link   
lol

top topics