It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

End of the world movie: These Final Hours. A little depressing, but VERY good. Also on Netflix.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 10:25 AM
link   
So there is a movie These Final Hours. Very well done. Of coarse completely fictional, if an asteroid hit earth, I do not think it would play out like this. The movie takes place in Australia when an asteroid hit on the other side of the planet, and they have about 12 hours left...Lets just say it gets CRAZY ,and sad....here is the Wiki, I would not read it though way too many spoilers!!

If you want some doom and gloom, this is the movie for you!!! Also I guarantee you wont be thinking about politics for a while!!!

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 23-6-2017 by kurthall because: fix

edit on 23-6-2017 by kurthall because: add

edit on 23-6-2017 by kurthall because: add

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I was ready to be bored by this movie. Was nearly crying by the end.

I said nearly!! Now I'm going to go work out, or something.

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Okay I just spent the last 10 mins on the wikipedia page after seeing it mentioned previously, and I'm so glad someone made a thread about it. I'll watch it tonight after work and come back with my thoughts. Supposedly it's on Netflix.

-Alee

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: NerdGoddess

It for sure is on Netflix, I pulled it up to make sure before posting. I am curious to see what you and others think. I want to watch it again, but don't know if I can do it. NOT BECAUSE ITS NOT GOOD...LOL

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: kurthall

Looks good and I had never heard of it. Thanks for the heads up.

Here is the trailer.

Don't have netflix, only amazon. Will check to see if it is on gomovies, formerly 123movies.

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I watched this a while back and gave it a 3 out of 10. Meh. Not that good. Certainly not a tear jerker.

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Sweet! Now I got plans for Friday night.

Thanks!

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Is it based in Perth? My city... I saw in the first few mins local things.. and it's mentioned.

Yay perth, not so dullsville sometimes.. the end of the world comes here !! haha

watching now.. cheers !!

(us sandgropers make movies now??)

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Watched it about half a year ago, very underwhelmed.

The Road to me was a million times better with a much biggest emotional impact.

link   

This movie was excellent. Didn't have high hopes going in, but was captivated by the story very quickly.

link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Wow, I give it at least a 7.5. That is great for this type of movie. Very surprised you did not like it. The other person who has already watched and posted said he was almost in tears....So was I when I saw it.

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Surprised me too. I'm usually a sucker for "End of the World" type movies, but something about this one just didn't do it for me and I can't quite put my finger on why.

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I thought it was nothing special.
Not bad, not great, just ok.

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I ll check it out, usually have good luck with movie recommendations here on ATS. One thing Ive noticed with me lately, I can only enjoy certain types of movies at certain times. Got stuck on The Road and stopped watching it lol my mind wasn't right yet I know I will like it if I'm in the right frame of mind lol. Sometimes I just want to watch something funny, then other times a drama, or an action movie. Hell sometimes its even more specific than that lol, like I want to watch a 1980's sci fi drama movie that has dragons and little people. Sometimes i get sick of an actor or actress and wont watch any movie they are in for awhile. Yea I know its weird.... been one of those years.

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Yeah, I enjoyed it. Good Australian movie. Wyrmwood was better though.
edit on 6 by Mandroid7 because: sp

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

Wyrmwood, is a way different movie. Zombie movie. Also it is more Comedy/thriller.

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   

They are both low budget apocalyptic Australian movies worth watching.

Add in Wolf Creek 2 if you want some wicked horror.

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Pretty sure I read something like this, but it is considered a classic...On the Beach

The book title, end of the world story in the last place left Australia...just exchange Nukes for a Meteor...Maybe a bit of plagiarism, but then who reads anymore?

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Rating comments include a lot of sex and violence and language if anyone is interested in such anymore.

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
I thought it was nothing special.
Not bad, not great, just ok.

when you consider where it was made, my city, as known as the asshole of the planet, it was quite well done.

No big stars, no big production, no advertisement.

I liked it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join