It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DNA discovery reveals genetic history of ancient Egyptians

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: peter vlar

originally posted by: Restricted

originally posted by: rickymouse

originally posted by: Restricted

originally posted by: rickymouse
So, it appears that the oldest Egyptians were white. I was trying to find the haplogroup from the main article but I couldn't find it. Was it K2A I wonder?

Tutankhamen was R1a.

Not my relative then, I am Haplogroup NO or K2A. Some of those people were J1 or something like that.

I don't remember where I read it. It was last year. Anyway, he is somehow related to the European aristocracy.

His Y haplogroup has never been published. All of the reports indicating that he, his father (Akhenaton) and grandfather(Amenhotep III) were all R1b1a2 along with 50% of all Western European males was "reconstructed" by a Swiss
genomics company, Igenea, allegedly based on a screenshot from the Discovery Channel. Ignea is the Swiss equivalent of 23andMe where you mail in cheek swabs. They had nothing to do with any of the actual research nor did they have access to any of the data so I wouldn't put much stock in their claims.

www.igenea.com...

en.m.wikipedia.org...

www.livescience.com...

Roger that. Thanks for the correction. Much appreciated.

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Restricted

Not a problem at all. The story was picked up and repeated everywhere but very few articles retracting and correcting the information picked up much momentum unfortunately. Everyone likes a sensational story. Nobody wants to admit they jumped the gun and excluded due diligence though when the Ball gets dropped which leaves a LOT of people believing that the Tutankhamen haplogroup report was legit.

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 01:58 AM
link   
a reply to: WeDemBoyz

Not surprising. Looking at the faces of the pharoahs we can see, that fits.

Gonna annoy some people, though!

new topics

<< 1   >>

join