It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unanswered Questions. The shooting of Matt Mika at the Republican Congressional baseball practice.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: texasgirl

A third agent shot at the gunman from behind the first-base dugout, where Sen. Jeff Flake, R-Arizona, sought safety.

"I yelled out, 'Is this friendly? Is this friendly? Are you friendly?' to the person who was firing behind our dugout," Flake said, "and gratefully it was a member of the Capitol Police."

AND

"Capitol Hill police immediately began to return fire," Barton said, choking up.

Barton also took cover behind the first base dugout.

So...why did Flake, Barton, Bergman, and Conaway all run to the back of the dugout if gunfire immediately started coming from that area? Why would you run towards unknown gunfire?

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   
This constant conspiracy sh#t isn't good for your mind. You think you're opening your mind-- but what it does is detach you from reality. And even more importantly it detaches you from your own home.

If I was looking to create instability in a country, one of the key steps would be convincing people to not believe anything the news tells them, or anything the government tells them... detach them from those crucial information sources and create a need for an alternate source. That's how you migrate people to another side... It's how you divide them.

There is no evidence presented here that supports a conspiracy.

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: spiritualzombie

There is no evidence presented here that supports a conspiracy.

Surely you have not read this entire thread, much less look up all the links!

There is plenty of information that supports further investigation. Maybe you should go read something in the "Pets" forum. That sounds like more your style. Be sure to include some cute pics of kitty cat pranks.

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Bishop said two of the agents rushed onto the field as the congressmen and staffers fled...

..."Capitol Hill police immediately began to return fire," Barton said, choking up.
Link

AND

Conaway says this:

“I went out behind the dugout, over where the Capitol Police officers were,” he said. “They got their guns out. They don’t know where the shooter is because he’s cloaked from them behind the grandstands and the backstops and all that stuff.”

“I am telling them he’s coming down the third base line, so they’re looking at him,” he said.

The only security on the field when the shooting broke out — Griner and Bailey, who are Scalise’s security detail — were the first to exchange gunfire with Hodgkinson, who Conaway said kept shooting toward the first base dugout where people were hiding...

...“At some point in this exchange, a ricochet or a bullet that went through a tire hit special agent Griner in the ankle, so she’s down,” he said, also recalling seeing an injured person lying on the ground between the two officers.

Link

AND

Palmer: The gunman moved from the third base side around toward home plate, firing at people, then moved on around to first base side where Capitol police officers continued to engage him. Special Agent [Crystal] Griner was hit in the left leg. I saw her go down with a bullet wound, and she pulled herself, she was lying beside their SUV. She pulled herself into a firing position and continued to engage the shooter.

Link

Very confusing accounts. Griner isn't on the field, she was hit and down by the SUV. Cabrera was shooting from behind the dugout. Who were the two ofiicers that rushed onto the field immediately? Did Conaway tell Griner & Bailey where the gunman was while behind the dugout or did they immediately begin firing at him and Bailey was out on the field with Cabrera?

It's hard to make sense of the scene with what's been reported...I don't know what to make of it all.

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye
a reply to: texasgirl

A third agent shot at the gunman from behind the first-base dugout, where Sen. Jeff Flake, R-Arizona, sought safety.

"I yelled out, 'Is this friendly? Is this friendly? Are you friendly?' to the person who was firing behind our dugout," Flake said, "and gratefully it was a member of the Capitol Police."

AND

"Capitol Hill police immediately began to return fire," Barton said, choking up.

Barton also took cover behind the first base dugout.

So...why did Flake, Barton, Bergman, and Conaway all run to the back of the dugout if gunfire immediately started coming from that area? Why would you run towards unknown gunfire?

Love your threads MME ! Makes me use the gray matter lol. Just gonna throw this out there because of the wording you use here. The interview I saw with one of them (can't remember which, Flake maybe?) actually said they dove INTO the dugout, not behind it. The officers were behind the dugout, the congressman and others were In the dugout. That's why he couldn't see who was shooting and asked if they were friendly.

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Wouldn't being hit in the chest by an aka from 40 yards be kinda like being hit by a brick? I would think it would knock you back a bit.. Maybe I'm wrong?

What are the odds that someone could pull off being able to land five shots into the chest without being at point blank range?

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Not sure if this interview has been posted or not.

Several things. He says they were in the dugout and says that Joe Barton's 10 year old son was in the dugout and they "stuffed him under the bench" in the dugout.

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Khaleesi

Thanks!

Some went into the dugout and some went behind.

Some, like Barton and Bergman (and 10-year old Jack Brton) went behind, first, and then came back onto the field and dove into the dugout.

And others left the dugout and ran behind to take shelter behind a shed, back there, and trees.

Or that's my understanding...

This Politico Magazine story has several witness accounts, I highly recommend it: Link

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

Who has been assigned the investigation? FBI only?

The FBI is pretty much stating definitively that it was a lone gunman.

But based on all the info in this thread, it really sounds like Mika was shot by someone else.

Hodgkinson is where all the focus is, and on Scalise's injuries. Maybe Hodgkinson was setup, manipulated and directed in order to throw off the true target shot by a second shooter.

This sounds like it's going to be another Seth Rich type murder where we are being fed a line of bull hockey to throw the scent off!

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Here's an interesting article:

www.frontpagemag.com...

The FBI is concluding the shooting was not a planned act, even though though Hodgkinson took photos of the baseball field prior to the shooting, among other pieces of evidence.

Is this a cover-up by the FBI?
edit on 23-6-2017 by texasgirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Khaleesi
Several things. He says they were in the dugout and says that Joe Barton's 10 year old son was in the dugout and they "stuffed him under the bench" in the dugout.

Joe's son was first under an SUV behind the dugout.

BTW, the accounts are somewhat conflicted on how and who got him into the dugout. Joe Barton says when he was behind the dugout, his son got out from under the SUV and they both ran to the dugout. Jack Bergman said that he and Joe Barton grabbed him and pulled him into the dugout.

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Thanks!

Some, like Barton and Bergman (and 10-year old Jack Brton) went behind, first, and then came back onto the field and dove into the dugout.

And others left the dugout and ran behind to take shelter behind a shed, back there, and trees.

This Politico Magazine story has several witness accounts, I highly recommend it: Link

Yeah, it's all very confusing. Some of the discrepancies can be chalked up as confusion during a stressful situation. Eyewitnesses are notoriously inaccurate. But I must admit, some of this is just plain odd. The diagram of the field is helpful to get perspective. The other thing I noticed, if most of them managed to take cover fairly quickly but you have one man down on the field, what would you do as the shooter? Some say "why didn't he shoot Scalise again?" My thoughts are he left him alive as bait, hoping someone would try to come to his rescue thereby exposing themselves to his line of sight.

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

I believe I read the investigation is in the FBI's hands now. I am not positive on that.

This sounds like it's going to be another Seth Rich type murder where we are being fed a line of bull hockey to throw the scent off!

Exactly what I was thinking and why I am so interested. Mika is alive and has the story of how he was shot. I don't want anything to happen to him, but I do want him to tell his story!

His family was emphatic that no visitors were allowed (or gifts), but I looked up George Washington University Hospital's policies on visitors, in the ICU, and they encourage 'family and friends' to visit and help with the care of their loved one. Gifts are also ok, just not flowers because of the germ-factor.

I feel like his family may know something and they are being very protective of him.

Obviously, that's just my gut though.

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Khaleesi

Thanks!

Yeah, it's all very confusing. Some of the discrepancies can be chalked up as confusion during a stressful situation.

Agree, I am trying to refrain from getting caught up in what could just be understandable discrepancies due to the chaotic situation.

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Quauhtli
Wouldn't being hit in the chest by an aka from 40 yards be kinda like being hit by a brick? I would think it would knock you back a bit.. Maybe I'm wrong?

What are the odds that someone could pull off being able to land five shots into the chest without being at point blank range?

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Eyewitness reports will always be unreliable, confusing, even impossible to reconcile, in a situation like this.

What can't be denied is the physical evidence. You've got a shooter on the other end of the field who wings and misses a half dozen people over and over, and at the exact same time, a guy in what is allegedly the least exposed area who takes five bullets center mass, so fast he doesn't have time to fall down until it's done, and he just happens to be in the much closer and much more direct line of fire to the responding officers.

Leaving aside the Tyson connections etc, there's a strong chance rather than being the target, Mika was accidentally shot by the friendly LEO who thought he was the original shooter and that's what they're trying to cover up.

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: texasgirl
Here's an interesting article:

www.frontpagemag.com...

The FBI is concluding the shooting was not a planned act, even though though Hodgkinson took photos of the baseball field prior to the shooting, among other pieces of evidence.

Is this a cover-up by the FBI?

Perhaps the FBI's handling of it is a distraction and misdirection. I think everyone got the idea that the gunman had partisan motives, right away. With or without the FBI trying to cover it up...or look like they are trying to cover it up.

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: sepermeru

It's a possibility that has crossed my mind.

ETA: Although, I wonder if Mika was dressed in a baseball jersey like the other guys...how could they hit an unarmed man on accident 4 or 5 times if he was?
edit on 23-6-2017 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

That is a very good point. It's not like Mika just wandered onto the field in mufti. Naturally he'd have been wearing a jersey, no?

I'm surprised this isn't getting more traction yet, here or elsewhere, because it really doesn't make sense. I had no idea about Mika until seeing this thread, and I'm not surprised, because his injuries can't be fit anywhere into a sensible timeline based on the official story.

Put it this way: I've been almost entirely lurking for a couple years now, but this thing has my Spidey senses going haywire. Good work, MME. I sometimes disagree with you politically (in my silent lurky way) but I would be a fool to let that blind me to the stark weirdness in this narrative. Something ain't right.
edit on 23-6-2017 by sepermeru because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: sepermeru
I'm surprised this isn't getting more traction yet, here or elsewhere, because it really doesn't make sense. I had no idea about Mika until seeing this thread, and I'm not surprised, because his injuries can't be fit anywhere into a sensible timeline based on the official story.

Information on Mika is noticeably scant. I wonder if we would have been hearing about it for several days if he had died and if Scalise would have never taken that sudden turn from alert, talking to his wife, and stable to critical and "death was imminent on his arrival at the hospital."

If Mika had died, would there have been people who claimed to have witnessed him go down?

The news has practically avoided the subject.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join