It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Motorcyclist Detained for Driving at Protesters on SF Street

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

In all seriousness, he did not intend to run anyone over and to think otherwise is just silly.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

Who runs anyone over in motorbike?

That's a one way trip for damn sure.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Agreed. And what are the rights of a motorist when the unlawful assembly prevents him/her from travel, while that is the tax funded purpose of the road? If not threatened with violence, i bet we agree murder isnt the option, but what this motorist did was rev the engine then inched through the crowd. No crime here from the motorist. The only crime here is by the people participating in an unlawful assembly.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 09:55 PM
link   

I'm sure lots of people don't mean to do things that end up happening because they made one small little mistake. That's why you don't intentionally drive through people hoping they can move fast enough.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

Apparently triggered right wingers according to OP.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

That was a little more than inching but... call the cops. They apparently weren't too far away. This die in may have even had a permit, I don't know.

link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: DBCowboy

If he had killed someone he would have been. He was politically motivated.

It was a die in...
A politically motivated "die in".

He should have at least ran over a protesters big toe.

edit on 2017-06-22T21:57:42-05:002201722America/Chicago6 by c2oden because: (no reason given)

link   

Kali he clearly was maneuvering around them, he was going like 4 mph.. he was not hoping for anyone to "move out of the way fast enough or else"

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: c2oden

Yeah. Add assault to his charges.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 10:00 PM
link   

That was a gamble he had no right to make.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 10:02 PM
link   

What charges? Driving on the road?

If people don't want traffic to drive VERY SLOWLY around them they should go make irritants of themselves elsewhere.
edit on -050010pm6kpm by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 10:02 PM
link   

A die-in is when you mix the concepts of protest and being an inconsiderate arsehole into one, but are too lazy to throw rocks at ambulances so you just lie in the road.

Keeping that explanation for future die in threads, it's a perfect description.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 10:03 PM
link   

a reply to: c2oden

Yeah. Add assault to his charges.

What has he been charged with?
Driving too slow?

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 10:06 PM
link   

He was driving the wrong way, he turned around and went for another pass. He was not driving carefully.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 10:06 PM
link   

This die in may have even had a permit, I don't know.

If the city issued a permit, then they would have closed the road for the safety of the protesters. Otherwise the city of SF is full of morons and they should be fired.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 10:09 PM
link   

It looks like the road was closed. The article doesn't say though. Either way! You don't drive through... wtf lol.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 10:14 PM
link   

I agree with you that you shouldn't be driving through a group of people that are laying on the ground for some strange reason, but this was totally over sensationalized.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 10:16 PM
link   

He didnt drive through them, he distinctly reved his engine and the people moved. Youre acting like he plowed through the crowd. His engine told them to gtfo of the way. It worked!
edit on 22-6-2017 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 10:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

originally posted by: Greven

originally posted by: Stulinka

a reply to: Snarl

Look at the pics, looks like he barely missed some.

Watch the video - he stopped, the leftists moved like the cowards they are, and the alpha male went on his way.

For the record, I would have bought him a beer if he treated them like speed bumps. So tired of liberal losers.

You know the whole 'alpha male' stuff was based on wolves and turned out to not be true, right?

Off topic. but there's an 'Alpha' in every dog sled team.

There's a lead dog in every dog team, not an 'alpha.' I was pointing out to the person who made the comment initially that they were in error. Instead, some want to cling to the idea.

I've worked with DS teams in Minnesota.
There's an Alpha and a Lead.

People that don't have proof sure love their anecdotes. Prove me wrong.

Averaging 75 pounds, the Canadian Eskimo Dog falls between the Malamute and Husky in size. That means they've got the beef and build for back country travel but can still be comfortably handled by most beginners. Most of them are extremely personable. Like their cousins the arctic wolves, they have extremely strong pack instincts. The pack hierarchy is always changing. Therefore some of them will not run together without sparring over dominance.

www.dogsledding.com...

EDT: I worked with this group. Cared for the dogs and participated in driving the teams.
Back on topic.

Hey, proof of... oh wait it says nothing about 'alphas,' instead discussing dominance and pack behaviors. Good try I guess.

If you want to talk about derailing, discuss it with the person who decided deem the dangerous motorcyclist an 'alpha male.' Or maybe yourself, since you keep continuing this from a quick comment - gotta have the last word?

This thread makes for an interesting case study - a commonly-held 'positive' idea is applied to an individual by one who agrees with his actions.

Dismissing the commonly-held idea as a myth (with references) resulted in it being vigorously defended with anecdotes and misinterpreted support by multiple others and also saying it's off-topic to shut down any contrary response.

Sorry Kali - derailing certainly wasn't my intention and I'm going to bed.

He purposely antagonized those people and tried to frighten or bully them. In that sense, he was perhaps trying to assert dominance.
edit on 22Thu, 22 Jun 2017 22:21:46 -0500America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago6 by Greven because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I have been expecting someone to attack the far left in retaliation for the far left attacks... but this ain't it.

First of all, the very idea that he was moving at 'full speed' is absolutely ludicrous. He was moving so slow he could barely keep the bike upright! The one time he seemed to shoot forward was the only time he applied engine power to the wheels, and even that was slow. The bike he is on is referred to as a 'crotch rocket,' and is designed for highways speeds. Had he wanted to hit anyone, he would not have carefully worked his way through the crowd, revving his engine as a warning.

Let's compare this to the Scalise shooting, shall we? Steve Scalise was shot critically, almost died, and several others were shot as well. No protesters were harmed in any way. Hodgkinson surprised his victims... the first they knew of the danger was when pieces of lead began to hit them and rip holes in flesh. The biker revved his engine to get the attention of the protesters before he drove though them. Hodgkinson aimed at his victims; the biker slowed down and weaved his way around them. The Congressmen targeted were practising for a baseball game to raise money for charity; the protesters were blocking traffic in order to make a public scene, chanting hateful messages.

This was nothing more than someone having some laughs with the protesters.

That said, I do not condone the biker's actions. He broke the law by driving the wrong way on a one-way street, and his little 'episode' had no purpose other than to scare people who were not physically attacking anyone. I didn't see if he was arrested or not, but if he was it was deserved. And of course, his actions only escalated already-high tensions.

I also see no sense in the protest, though. What was being protested? Why? What were the demands? The protests have gotten so tiresome due to the complete lack of a coherent message and open debate, that they are really a nuisance instead of a movement. They have become nothing but a reason to look for trouble, and while in this case they did not find trouble, eventually they will.

I will denounce it when it happens, and I will mourn the losses... but I will not feel those losses the way the protesters will. I can't, just as I cannot feel the emotions in the Scalise family like they do. Someone needs to explain this to these protesters... and really, maybe that was in the back of the biker's mind.

TheRedneck

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join