It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10 mm tabletop game suggestions?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Hello!

I have a long time hobby in tabletop and RPGs, terrain building in general and I'm looking to get into a large scale battle games similar to GW's Warmaster, Kallistra, Hordes & Heroes, etc.

My buddy bought a starter set of the latest Battletech system that looks pretty cool, and I have alot of Dwarven minis from Warmaster and I'd like to expand on it but I'm not opposed to starting up 6mm Microworld or similar.

On a side note, GW's Man O' War naval battles was awesome but I cant find any system that is still in production that sells ship minis.

Bottom line is I'm not sure where to go for rules sets and some minis, theres so many 6mm to 15mm rules sets out there I'm overwhelmed as to a system to settle on.

Anyone have input or suggestions?

I appreciate it!
edit on 6222017 by Butterfinger because: spelling

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I recommend the Cones of Dunshire

Good Luck finding the game irl though

boardgamegeek.com...

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Josephus

Damn, you got me there! LOL

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Butterfinger

Make up your own house rules, are the most fun..

Cant wait until Adeptus Titanicus is re-released..

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: solve

Make up your own house rules, are the most fun..

Cant wait until Adeptus Titanicus is re-released..

I still have Imperial and 3 Eldar titans from AT! I'll have to look into this rerelease, is it true??
edit on 6222017 by Butterfinger because: spelling

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   

My suggestion would be to find out what ten mm games people local to you play, as I assume you are more interested in the gaming aspect. Don't want to sink money into a fantastic game that nobody else plays.

Never played any, myself, as I just like to paint and model, so I have a lot of great minis to choose from

Whats the attraction of 6/10mm systems over the common 28 mm ones?

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Star up your reactors! www.dakkadakka.com...

I think the release is in the end of the year.
edit on 22-6-2017 by solve because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Learningman

Storage space and gaming space.

I still have a 2500 pt Space Marine army, and tons of fantasy minis and terrain all 25-28mm. I want to play large scale encounters like Warmaster and Epic/SpaceMarine/Adeptus Titanucus

One of the guys in my group of friends who play is wheelchair bound and dining table playing surface is the limit for him to interact with the models. I like the scale and think it will be better for everyone considering all that.
edit on 6222017 by Butterfinger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Are you talking about war games or games like D&D or Call of Cthulhu?
If it's war games you'll find some here.
If it's regular RPGs here is a good place to look.

I'm a member of a facebook group for a youtube stream. It's gaming channel. These guys stream games every Wednesday. The community in the group is pretty knowledgeable about games. You might try there, too.

The Invictus Stream

They're pretty funny.

That's from one of their End of the World games.
edit on 22-6-2017 by Skid Mark because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Did you ever settle on a game? I'd love to see some mini's or photos of games when you do.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Learningman

I found some 10mm minis for any time period that look cool, but as far as a system I'll likely dig up my old Warmaster manual

eurekaminusa.com...

www.kallistra.co.uk...

I'll definitely post pics and such when I do!

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Update!

I took the plunge and bought Warband(not the same as the video game) from pendraken.co.uk... (Im not getting paid)

I bought Dragonmen(think War of the Roses period, humans worship dragons) and undead.

For those interested, there are several factions available, most recently Samurai Apes... Yep, read that once more!

Anyway, heres my progress on the 10mm undead(with 40k orks in the back chillin' for scale)

The game itself is D6 dice pool style, similar to Shadowrun IIRC. and measurements are based on the base widths, and as such can be scaled up or down for any type of mini scale or config. Default armies come with 100x50mm

My bases are 60x30mm and the minimum requirement for a battleboard is 18 base widths by 12 base widths. For me its 3'x4' essentially because thats what I have room for.

Ive tested it with my daughter who immediately fired catapults on my left and sent cavalry around my right. This kids got skills!
It plays quick and easy, and the armies are decently priced especially for those of you who are like me and loved Warmaster, but not GWs pricing!

Enjoy, check the game out, and never stop playing and painting!!

edit on 8312017 by Butterfinger because: hotlink fixed

edit on 8312017 by Butterfinger because: terrible spelling

top topics

join