It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump: "I did not make, and do not have, any such recordings." of Comey Conversation

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Would this be considered tampering?

CORNYN: Let me take you back to the Clinton e-mail investigation. I think you’ve been cast as a hero or a villain depending on the — whose political ox is being gored at many different times during the course of the Clinton e-mail investigation, and even — even now, perhaps.

But you clearly were troubled by the conduct of the sitting attorney general, Loretta Lynch, when it came to the Clinton e-mail investigation. You mentioned the characterization that you’d been asked to accept that this was a “matter” and not a criminal investigation, which you’ve said it — it was.

There was the matter of President Clinton’s meeting on the tarmac with the sitting attorney general, at a time when his wife was subject to a criminal investigation, and you’ve suggested that perhaps there are other matters that you may be able to share with us later on in a classified setting.

But it seems to me that you clearly believe that Loretta Lynch, the attorney general, had a — an appearance of a conflict of interest on the Clinton e-mail investigation. Is that correct?

COMEY: I think that’s fair. I didn’t believe she could credibly decline that investigation — at least, not without grievous damage to the Department of Justice and to the FBI.

CORNYN: And, under Department of Justice and FBI norms, wouldn’t it have been appropriate for the attorney general, or, if she had recused herself — which she did not do — for the deputy attorney general to appoint a special counsel?

That’s essentially what’s happened now with Director Mueller. Would that have been an appropriate step in the Clinton e-mail investigation, in your opinion?

COMEY: Yes, certainly a possible step. Yes, sir.

CORNYN: And were you aware that Ms. Lynch had been requested numerous times to appoint a special counsel, and had refused?COMEY: Yes, from — I think Congress had — members of Congress had repeatedly asked. Yes, sir.

CORNYN: Yours truly...

COMEY: OK.

CORNYN: ... did on multiple occasions. And that heightened your concerns about the appearance of a conflict of interest with the Department of Justice, which caused you to make what you have described as an incredibly painful decision to basically take the matter up yourself, and — led to that July press conference.

COMEY: Yes, sir. I can — after the — President Clinton — former President Clinton met on the plane with the attorney general, I considered whether I should call for the appointment of a special counsel, and had decided that that would be an unfair thing to do, because I knew there was no case there.

We had investigated very, very thoroughly. I know this is a subject of passionate disagreement, but I knew there was no case there. And calling for the appointment of special counsel would be brutally unfair because it would send the message, aha (ph), there’s something here.

That was my judgment. Again, lots of people have different views of it. But that’s how I thought about it.

New York Times

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: alphabetaone

originally posted by: kurthall
What a freaking LIAR, he makes the American people think there are recordings, to deflect what Comey said...

Nah, I'm gonna fight back on this one...not from the moment he tweeted the original 'tapes' innuendo, did I even once believe that he had any type of recording of the conversation. It flies in the face of every OTHER time he attempted to intimidate someone with alleged recordings, and lost millions in lawsuits to boot because of those failures.

I saw it as simply bluster mixed with a little goading. I think he just can't resist. I don't think he ever had anything. Just twisting the knife a little. It didn't bother me personally...if it made that little cowardly weasel # his overpriced suit pants, then I'm OK with it. He should have made better choices to begin with.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001
a reply to: whywhynot

Ther is nothing corrupt, underhanded or improper about telling someone that they should be truthful.

He could have tweeted "I am confident Mr. Comey will tell the truth." Instead, he made a thinly veiled threat because he knew that honest testimony would be incriminating. Don't worry, I'm sure this will all be cleared up when Trump testifies under oath.
You are just inventing you concept of what you believe. Irrelevant!

link   

Awwww poor wittle defenseless 6'7" FBI Director threatened by the big bad President. If you believe that you are so in the bag that it's a waste of time to discuss it.

You mean... the boss who could fire him? I guess you have never had a proper job.

link   

Ther is nothing corrupt, underhanded or improper about telling someone that they should be truthful.

He could have tweeted "I am confident Mr. Comey will tell the truth." Instead, he made a thinly veiled threat because he knew that honest testimony would be incriminating. Don't worry, I'm sure this will all be cleared up when Trump testifies under oath.

Why would Trump say he was confident Comey would tell the truth if a major part of his ticket for WH was to expose the dirty practices of government?

If it were Trump's goal to maintain the status quo then I get that, but was it ever?

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   

a reply to: UKTruth

He didn't say "tell the truth," he implied Comey was going to lie, and that Trump could prove it. Turns out he can't. Who is the liar now?

He said Comey better hope there are no tapes... Not sure where he said or implied he could prove it if Comey lied... can you post that?
edit on 22/6/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: mOjOm

I'm suggesting he "warned" Comey not to embellish his testimony with lies and innuendo.

President Trump fired him for good reason. And, I think there was a reason it was handled in the only way it could have been handled.

President Trump has the authority to fire the FBI director for any reason...or no reason. Simple.

President Trump "hoped" Comey could let the matter go regarding Flynn according to Comey's testimony. Actually, President Trump could have legally authorized that the investigation be dropped altogether. He did not do so.

Trump was just telling Comey to tell the truth without embellishing the facts with falsehoods. Nothing wrong with that.

Trump wasn't looking out for Comey specifically. Trump simply wants people to stop lying, evading, hiding, embellishing, and hyperbolizing the facts. Trump is up to something and that is "draining the swamp".

I don't consider Donald Trump a saint, but I do think he is the right man at the right time. He is appointing the right people for the right job. As he said last night at the rally to Iowa....you don't put a poor man in charge of the economy.

people that are great, brilliant business minds, and that's what we need."

Common sense. But, I don't have extreme hatred of wealthy individuals like some people do. If they made their wealth through producing something of value rather than sucking government grant money and using political power to line their pockets with taxpayer funds, I have no problem.

President Trump wants to help more than just the poor. He wants to help regular hard-working middle class families. Those are the ones struggling right now. Those are the ones paying taxes. Those are the backbone of America and the economy. Those are the ones suffering under the weight of ObamaCare. Those are the ones struggling right now, and unless you are sucking on the government welfare tit, that means you, too.

edit on 22-6-2017 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-6-2017 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: whywhynot

A threat is a threat, Orrin.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Awwww poor wittle defenseless 6'7" FBI Director threatened by the big bad President. If you believe that you are so in the bag that it's a waste of time to discuss it.

You mean... the boss who could fire him? I guess you have never had a proper job.

Good senior managers don't wet their pants when speaking to a CEO...especially in proper jobs.

link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Never.
Come on there's no comparison dude. The creep lies just to flippin lie.
He lies about everything. Big things little things. It's like living with a naughty child.

link   

He said Comey better hope there are no tapes... Not sure where he said or implied he could prove it if Comey lied... can you post that?

What part of the word "implied" are you having trouble with?

link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

Lol, good luck with that... I can see family members around the country being arrested for telling their sons, daughters, fathers and mothers... "Remember, tell the truth". Haul them in! They are stopping people lying under oath!!!

The funniest thing about liberal crack pot ideas is that they keep them up no matter how ridiculous

Ahh "the not bringing up what we actually are talking about in order to make yourself look good" strategy.

Just in case you actually have no clue what we are talking about, we are talking about Trump attempting to get Comey to drop the investigation and are saying that is tampering with investigation which is illegal.

So either Trumps veiled threats at having tapes worked and Comey told the truth that he did try to influence the investigation or Trump has tapes but now can't release them because they will prove Comey' story.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Good senior managers don't wet their pants when speaking to a CEO...especially in proper jobs.

Good Executives don't rely on fear and threats.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

President Trump wants to help more than just the poor.

He mostly wants to help himself, chiefly by driving traffic to his properties.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: carewemust

All media is banned. The press will now only report what the Whitehouse says.
No questions allowed.
All other sources of information will be labeled as fake.
All non fiction books not approved by the Whitehouse will be banned or moved to the fake non fiction section of the library.
All school programs will teach only Whitehouse approved curriculums.
All dems AKA obstructionist will be locked in detention camps.

There... the world the way you want it.

The really sad part is that the childish and self serving behavior of the democratic leadership is destroying your world as well as mine. If they can't have it their way no one gets to win. It is a losing strategy
edit on 22-6-2017 by whywhynot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: thetruth2017

What you don't get is President Trump could have ordered him to drop the investigation. He is the president and has that authority. President Trump did not do that.

What IS illegal is the DOJ, Loretta Lynch, ordering Comey to call the criminal investigation of Hillary Clinton a "matter" rather than an investigation. Now THAT is tampering and THAT is illegal!

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: whywhynot

A threat is a threat, Orrin.
Just stick with the strategy and Pelosi too. I'm certain it will work out for you in some election somewhere sometime.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Good Executives don't rely on fear and threats.

True that.
At least you are not trying to defend Comeys pants wetting anymore, especially as he even called himself a coward. Fortunately Trump had the leadership skills required to make the call to fire his cowardly a**.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   

See now you're getting it. You're not any more surprised that he lied about this than I am.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 03:37 PM
link   
HA HA ha

First there is in fact video and audio of everything that happens inside the Oval Office, and in the Office and hall outside of it. So unless this meeting happened in the "Servant's Dinning Hall" It was recorded (I'm more then certain that recordings that happen in the Oval Office can only be watched at the White House, and can not leave the building. Though I'm not sure what the restrictions are with White House recordings taken from other parts of the building)

These recordings can not be used in a manner that would make Congress or the Media happen since you have to be cleared at the White House in order to watch them.

It was a good maneuver though, since it not only forced Comey to state the truth, but it may also be why Comey was quick to also release all that info of his actions from the prior Administration.

***VERY IMPORTANT SIDE NOTE***

I'm not going to state how I learned of this, but I will say that I learned it from a very good source in a very unclassified way. Nothing I just said was learned while under an NDA, nor have I stated anything that violates US codes or Laws.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join