It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Striking While The Iron's Cold

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001
a reply to: Xcathdra

Uhm no.. not even close.

Also - High crimes and misdemeanors for impeachment purposes is a political issue and NOT a criminal one. Congress decides what high crimes and misdemeanors are and not the law.

If you keep telling yourself that you are in for a rude awakening.

Again no... I am correct.

Impeachment is a political function to remove a person from office - It is NOT a criminal charge. Chief Justice Marshall stated as much.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom
a reply to: DJW001

The Russian toast was a celebration of their victory, not Trump's. The Kremlin is rejoicing in the success of the Gerasimov Doctrine, which they have used to weaken their principle rival for power.

I get that this is what you choose to believe, but what do you base this on?

Did you click on the link? That explains the doctrine. Look at the pattern of disinformation on ATS alone. Non-existant murders blamed on Clinton by websites that contain no other news. #Pizzagate. Now this. I thought "conspiracy theorists" were supposed to connect the dots. These dots are already connected by thick black lines, yet some people cannot even see the dots.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Impeachment is a political function to remove a person from office - It is NOT a criminal charge.

You are correct in that respect... but treasonis a crime, and if the President has committed it, it is, by any reasonable definition, a "high crime."

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom

Why is it wrong that some Russians were happy that Trump won?

The Russian toast was a celebration of their victory, not Trump's. The Kremlin is rejoicing in the success of the Gerasimov Doctrine, which they have used to weaken their principle rival for power.

you're seeing what you want to see, and i have no idea why you're seething with negativity over russian politics. allow me to introduce a little bit of cognitive dissonance into your worldview.

"But what I did note and what I most certainly welcome, is that Mr. Trump said he is wanting to restore relations with Russia. What's bad about that? We all welcome this."

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
There is a new term out there. Mainly used by psychologists .
TDS - Trump Derangement Syndrome
Lots of folks appear to be extremely and dangerously affected by this mental disorder

Yes... some people seem incapable of seeing Trump's many flaws. Deranged indeed.

That all ya got ? Dont quit your day job...

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: facedye

"But what I did note and what I most certainly welcome, is that Mr. Trump said he is wanting to restore relations with Russia. What's bad about that? We all welcome this."

I, too, would like to see a more harmonious relationship with Russia. All that is necessary is for Putin to give back all the territory he has stolen from his neighbors, resign, and hold legitimate free elections.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 09:41 AM
link   

I, too, would like to see a more harmonious relationship with Russia. All that is necessary is for Putin to give back all the territory he has stolen from his neighbors, resign, and hold legitimate free elections.

so what you mean to say is that you'd like to see a more harmonious relationship with russia so long as they turn into another version of the USA? how peculiar.

"territory he has stolen from his neighbors" ...lol, i'm assuming you're referring to Crimea. based on your really convoluted statement there, it's clear to me you don't understand the geopolitics of what happened in Crimea and why it happened.

does strong european leadership threaten you?
looks like that's what's happening here.

you don't get to build harmonious relationships with foreign countries on your terms. that's not how that works.

you're also implying that the USA is an innocent by comparison to the history of russian politics. here, too, do you seem to come off as largely uneducated and biased.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 09:54 AM
link   

so what you mean to say is that you'd like to see a more harmonious relationship with russia so long as they turn into another version of the USA? how peculiar.

What is peculiar about wanting my Russian friends and relatives to have a voice in government? Constitutional protection against arbitrary incrimination and imprisonment? What's so bad about that?

"territory he has stolen from his neighbors" ...lol, i'm assuming you're referring to Crimea. based on your really convoluted statement there, it's clear to me you don't understand the geopolitics of what happened in Crimea and why it happened.

No, it just means that unlike you, I do not believe Russian propaganda.

does strong european leadership threaten you? looks like that's what's happening here.

I embrace strong European leadership. Putin fears it, and is trying to push "Eurasianism" instead.

you don't get to build harmonious relationships with foreign countries on your terms. that's not how that works.

Two words: Marshall Plan.

you're also implying that the USA is an innocent by comparison to the history of russian politics. here, too, do you seem to come off as largely uneducated and biased.

Where do I say that the United States is perfect? If nothing else, the 2016 election has exposed some systematic flaws, and I will certainly not defend our history of military adventurism. Just because America sometime does things that are wrong does not give Russia license to commit the same crimes.
edit on 22-6-2017 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-6-2017 by DJW001 because: Edit to correct formatting. --DJW001

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 09:59 AM
link   

it's been over 6 months now that the "investigation into russian meddling" has gripped this entire nation after the 2016 elections. this huge pile of unsubstantiated subversion has even managed to convince some of our non-USA members that russia did in fact influence our election results, despite the fact that:

It was main stream cable news this am too. They beat a dead horse till it lives... agenda driven political brainwashing, wash, rinse, repeat.

They know the longer they play something the more disinterested people will hear a snippet of it, and go along out of sheer volume of coverage.

"I dunno whats behind it, but must be something...

...it was on the news."

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 10:01 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 10:03 AM
link   

russia is not "committing the same crimes" the USA is committing.

wow, you're really kicking it into high gear with this russian narrative. care to present any *substantiating evidence* to back up what you're saying?

What is peculiar about wanting my Russian friends and relatives to have a voice in government? Constitutional protection against arbitrary incrimination and imprisonment.

you REALLY think russians don't have a voice in their government?

here's 4 and a half hours of Putin's annual "direct line" Q&A with his citizens. when's the last time a united states president figured he'd spend about 5 hours every year answering televised questions from the american public? i'll wait.

No, it just means that unlike you, I do not believe Russian propaganda.

funny how you think i buy into "russian propaganda" when it doesn't even look like you understand how russia works. not even the basics. and it's funny because while what you said isn't true in the slightest bit, it really does look like you resonate with american propaganda extraordinarily. to each their own i guess

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: theultimatebelgianjoke

you know why

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: facedye
a reply to: theultimatebelgianjoke

you know why

Traditional Russian Anti-Semitism inevitably raises its head.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Any better explanation why Jewish people and Israel should be immune to criticism or you just happen to be trolling ?

edit on 22-6-2017 by theultimatebelgianjoke because: -

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 10:42 AM
link   

i'm jewish. my family comes from a jewish bloodline.

what else you got?

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: facedye

i'm jewish. my family comes from a jewish bloodline.

what else you got?

I'm guessing either bupkiss or more disingenuous and hypocritical rhetoric. What do I win?
edit on 22-6-2017 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 10:47 AM
link   

russia is not "committing the same crimes" the USA is committing.

Are you implying they are committing different crimes? Russia is helping a despot retain control of his country in order to keep its military bases there. The United States has done the same in the Philippines and elsewhere. It has waged propaganda warfare to secure the support of neighboring states, exactly like the US. It has supplied funds to political parties in other states that are well disposed towards them, exactly like the United States. Some of these activities are lawful, some are criminal. Just don't pretend that the Russian government is somehow morally superior to the American one.

wow, you're really kicking it into high gear with this russian narrative. care to present any *substantiating evidence* to back up what you're saying?

You need to read up on the "Gerasimov Doctrine."To think Russia is incapable of information warfare is pure Russophobia.

you REALLY think russians don't have a voice in their government?

Not in any meaningful way. Even the provincial governors are appointed by the Kremlin.

here's 4 and a half hours of Putin's annual "direct line" Q&A with his citizens. when's the last time a united states president figured he'd spend about 5 hours every year answering televised questions from the american public? i'll wait.

Who chooses which calls to take? As for accountability, the current occupant of the White House refuses to answer questions at all.

funny how you think i buy into "russian propaganda" when it doesn't even look like you understand how russia works. not even the basics. and it's funny because while what you said isn't true in the slightest bit, it really does look like you resonate with american propaganda extraordinarily. to each their own i guess

I know all too well how Russia works. America has a swamp, Russia has a "Lake."

(post by DJW001 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 10:54 AM
link   

It's not my fault if you are too lazy to read the article I linked.

Which underscores my concern about the hysteria raging across Official Washington about “Russian meddling” in the 2016 presidential campaign: There is no proportionality applied to the question of foreign interference in U.S. politics. If there were, we would have a far more substantive investigation of Israel-gate.

The problem is that if anyone mentions the truth about Israel’s clout, the person is immediately smeared as “anti-Semitic” and targeted by Israel’s extraordinarily sophisticated lobby and its many media/political allies for vilification and marginalization.

So, the open secret of Israeli influence is studiously ignored, even as presidential candidates prostrate themselves before the annual conference of the American Israel Public Affairs Committee. Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump both appeared before AIPAC in 2016, with Clinton promising to take the U.S.-Israeli relationship “to the next level” – whatever that meant – and Trump vowing not to “pander” and then pandering like crazy.

Congress is no different. It has given Israel’s controversial Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu a record-tying three invitations to address joint sessions of Congress (matching the number of times British Prime Minister Winston Churchill appeared). We then witnessed the Republicans and Democrats competing to see how often their members could bounce up and down and who could cheer Netanyahu the loudest, even when the Israeli prime minister was instructing the Congress to follow his position on Iran rather than President Obama’s.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 10:55 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join