It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientologists set up huge tent next to Grenfell Tower to ‘heal’ victims

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 09:05 AM
link   
the role of cults in aid and recovery work [ specific to greenfell ]

now - i initially came to this thread - because the specific approach of scientology IRELAND [ yup a foreign cult ] in its " support " mission to the greenfell victims raised my hackles - not because thie are a religion - but the whole big tent debarcle

just my opinion - but this is more about them being seen to be gibing " aid " rather than anything of sunstance

now there are lots of cults giving aid and support to the greenfell victims and survivors

but with one exception - its very hard to see what they are doing - and yes i accept that they are doing good - thats because the catholic , protestant and other faiths doing aid work - are too busy actually attempting to help - rather than waking banners so that people can see them " helping "`- they are all in " plain cloths " and using private vehicles // hire vans that have no idication of who they are

the one exception - = the salvation army - but they do everything " in uniform " and have an entire fleet of vehicles [ many purpose modified for aid and releif work - now i do have many issues with the SA - but in the specific instance of greenfell - i elect to let them slide

thats the issue with scientology in this case - they are here to be seen to be helping - not actualy to help

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

I have no doubt you are flattered, I have noted your capacity to comprehend logic

What I can do to help them, not abuse them and force them to take refuge deeper into Scientology
By all means tell them the truth, try telling them as if you care about them
That's common sense to normal people

If you havnt worked it out now CW don't worry about it, you will never comprehend it

It's funny CW, I just reread my post, seems to have received a few stars
That would indicate others have understood and agree with what I said

Yet you, no, you don't
Interesting isn't it cw
edit on 22-6-2017 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

What I can do to help them, not abuse them and force them to take refuge deeper into Scientology

How am I abusing them?

And why would sharing facts about their religion that otherwise would not be shared to them through the church force them to seek further refuge in the church?

Please explain, and by all means don't hold back.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 09:14 AM
link   

If you havnt understood by now I doubt you will, no matter what was said

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 09:22 AM
link   

If you havnt understood by now I doubt you will, no matter what was said

I haven't understood because you refuse to explain yourself, in any detail.

You make vague generalizations with no articulation and you do it with a condescending attitude.

It's two very simple questions:

How am I abusing Scientologists?
&
How am I forcing Scientologists to retreat further into the church's labyrinth?

You have not answered my questions at all.

edit:

It's funny CW, I just reread my post, seems to have received a few stars
That would indicate others have understood and agree with what I said

This part tickles me to death, the guy with 8,000 stars is telling a guy with 20,000 stars that his stars make him right.

So cute.

edit on 6/22/2017 by ColdWisdom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 09:33 AM
link   

This tickles me
The person who is asking me to explain my words can't understand what others so plainly do
Others who agree that compassion and empathy, not arrogance and righteousness, help people out of cults

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 09:41 AM
link   

This was your post:

Well really?
While I agree Scientology is a little scrupulous, I am inclined to think, while very silly and open to suggestion
Are the followers deserving of such hate?
Maybe a little kindness and support might even encourage those wrapped in scientologies tentacles a hand out, rather than spewing hate at them and causing their followers to retreat deeper into its poisonous doctrines
People join these society's because they feel isolated, it becomes perpetual

I get your 'do unto others' rhetoric just fine (despite the fact that you apparently do not adhere to your own beliefs).

What I have not understood, and what you have continuously avoided explaining, is how me making this thread would force Scientologists to retreat further into the depths of the church.

You say people join Scientology because they feel isolated.

Great.

How is my thread making them more isolated? If anything I'm giving them the publicity they want.

I'm not confronting any Scientologists here, so I doubt they will even know of the existence of this thread.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom

This was your post:

Well really?
While I agree Scientology is a little scrupulous, I am inclined to think, while very silly and open to suggestion
Are the followers deserving of such hate?
Maybe a little kindness and support might even encourage those wrapped in scientologies tentacles a hand out, rather than spewing hate at them and causing their followers to retreat deeper into its poisonous doctrines
People join these society's because they feel isolated, it becomes perpetual

I get your 'do unto others' rhetoric just fine (despite the fact that you apparently do not adhere to your own beliefs).

What I have not understood, and what you have continuously avoided explaining, is how me making this thread would force Scientologists to retreat further into the depths of the church.

You say people join Scientology because they feel isolated.

Great.

How is my thread making them more isolated? If anything I'm giving them the publicity they want.

I'm not confronting any Scientologists here, so I doubt they will even know of the existence of this thread.

This tickles me
As i said before
You can't comprehend it

Or how about this
You rewrite your OP so it's not so self righteous, by all means condemning the cult of scientology, just this time take into consideration that those involved have emotional issues, social issues and personal issues where they need community. Community that doesn't condemn them, treat them as social pariahs where only scientology welcomes them
How about suggesting those in cults need support to be brought back into society, not told to f## off like they are sub human.
Your post encourages hate

You should be embarrassed you need to be told cw

and it's not do onto others buddy, not at all
edit on 22-6-2017 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   

I would have thought Scientologists are already deep within the depths of there church.

I mean they are hardly the most transparent of organisations or religious denominations.

Secretive and operating to there own agenda would be how i perceive them to be.

Then again that also pertains to just about any and all organised religions denominations throughout recorded history really.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 11:35 AM
link   

What was self righteous about my OP?

And where did I tell them to f*** off?

Are you able to discern the difference between what I've written and what I've quoted from the article?

And how does my OP encourage hate?

One more question:

Do you know anyone close to you that currently is or has been a member of the church of Scientology?

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   
don't they make hate sites for people they don't like ?

who is encouraging hate ?
edit on 22-6-2017 by kibric because: boo

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: kibric

They make hate sites and they buy out other people's hate sites about the church.

SOURCE

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   

so it would be fair to say scientologists encourage hate ?

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

If you can't pay you sign your life away to indentured servitude..always a need for drones/workerbee's
edit on 22-6-2017 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 12:03 PM
link   

How do we know that they weren't actually there to help?

I see everyone jumping the gun here saying they are leeches trying benefit off this but it seems you have no idea wghy they are actually there IMO.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

I think it's their history.
They buy up real estate with their money.
edit on 22-6-2017 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: kibric

I think they stalk or employ others to survey and harass persons they deem a threat to the nonsensical gibberish they call a religion.

Thetan's, volcanoes and orgones, i mean come on that's just as crazy as omnipotent dudes that live in the sky, harbour an immense inferiority complex towards its creations and always want our monies.

Wheres the darn progress???

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

Tell me about it buddy, i'm buzzing away here like mental.

We are all indentured servants, unless we come from monies or means.

Some of us just don't wish to acknowledge the fact which is why the 1%ers will always wag the proverbial dogs tail.

Our lives are pretty much signed away as soon as we are registered at birth which is why we all have national insurance/social security numbers issued, end of the day we are a commodity and/or breading stock really.

edit on 22-6-2017 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Indeed, very true.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

How do we know that they weren't actually there to help?

I see everyone jumping the gun here saying they are leeches trying benefit off this but it seems you have no idea wghy they are actually there IMO.

Please go back and reread the articles linked in my OP.

This was described by a reporter:

Devotees of the religion were seen handing out leaflets and offering massages in the wake of the disaster.

This was the statement from the church:

“We have worked with hundreds of other people in many ways, doing whatever was needed to somehow lend a hand to help the survivors and those who lost loved ones.

“We have sorted mounds of donated clothes, toys and boxed them up, and then transported several tons of such boxes to storage facilities for distribution later, when the survivors and displaced have homes to live in,” they told Mail Online.

They gathered a bunch of useful supplies and put them in a warehouse somewhere, and honestly that part probably isn't even true. They haven't actually given anything to the victims yet, they're only pledging the items up front for press so they can justify having a presence at Grenfell tower.

So they haven't done anything but carve out their territory to proselytize.

Do you know why they set up tents instead of just accosting people on the street?

They do it so they can have a controlled environment to sell you auditing sessions. They wouldn't want you to be distracted by the all the tragedy going on outside.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join