It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill proposes letting U.S. lawmakers carry guns anywhere except Capitol

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 05:34 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

I bow to your knowledge! This is one area that many of my US friends excel at!

P

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 05:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

My only concern is if they are giving themselves special treatment over regular Americans. Meaning, Are they going to simply bypass reciprocity in states that do not recognize for themselves only, or is this part of a bigger revamp of this concept at a Federal level??? Perhaps thats a case for the SCOTUS???

Protecting themselves is fine the government passing laws to give themselves special treatment is not. That is a slippery slope we do not want to slide down.

Oh you mean like their health care package, Their retirement package, and no telling what else ? I agree

Oh they can give themselves pay raises. Bet many people would love that.
edit on 6/22/17 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Illinois doesn't recognize any CCl, other than their own....which is BS. My CC is honored in many other states, but Illinois, in their infinite wisdom/sarc, doesn't think the other states have the right training courses.

More to the topic.... Boy, these laws makers can sure move fast when it's their ass on the line. We need a national CCL. Anyone who has a current CCL is grandfathered in and any future license will be honored across the nation. Every state must honor each other's license, even California, NY and Illinois.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 08:46 AM
link   
No, this bill is garbage. While I fully support their right to carry a firearm for their own protection, politicians should be bound by the same laws as everyone else. Any carry law they pass should apply to ALL citizens, not just the political class and the elites.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Here in Texas, lawmakers and ANYBODY ELSE who has a CHL (Texas CCW) can carry in the State Capitol Building - a couple of years ago (last session) all the reps and senators were getting gun licenses so they could SKIP security. Just show your license and come on in!

We also have a little known provision that (implies) citizens can remove an unlawful government by any means necessary. Just sayin'

ganjoa

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

I would agree to this only if it was made law for every American.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom

I'm all for it.

Gun free zones are the worst idea, ever.

I'd be all for it if they were all for Constitutional Carry everywhere.

They aren't, so I'm not.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64
That is kind of what I was hoping for. A national level CCL reciprocity amendment. I do hope that is where they are going with it.

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 08:37 AM
link   

I expect the gun legislation Dems to vote No .. or be hypocrites.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join