It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trump Proposes a 5 Year Wait Before Immigrants Can Qualify For Public Assistance.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 12:12 AM
link   
I don't see a problem with this for folks who are able to quickly find work without language barriers. In the case of a language barrier, they should be eligible for the duration of (attendance documented) English classes, but it should cut off after successful graduation of it, and thus entering into the workforce fluent in English, and remain ineligible for 5 years.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 01:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Here's a revolutionary thought: learn the predominant language spoken in the god blessed nation you're trying to enter before entering it.
edit on 3-7-2017 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 01:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Here's a revolutionary thought: learn the predominant language spoken in the goddamned nation you're trying to enter before entering it.

People at the public aid office only speak English. If immigrants want taxpayer dollars, learning English is mandatory?

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Here's a revolutionary thought: learn the predominant language spoken in the goddamned nation you're trying to enter before entering it.

I wonder what language we'd all be speaking, if the Native American Indians imposed that language rule on the first European settlers? Hmmm....

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: AMPTAH
I wonder what language we'd all be speaking, if the Native American Indians imposed that language rule on the first European settlers? Hmmm....

English, purely because it didn't matter whether the indians "allowed" us here or not, our ancestors were taking this country and ultimately did exactly that, over as many broken and beaten bodies as it took to secure it.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Good god what a novel idea!

You mean I cant move to japan and expect all of Japan to bend over backwards for me?

/sarc

Quite frankly it should be no citizenship no welfare.
Zip zero nada, nothing.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   

English, purely because it didn't matter whether the indians "allowed" us here or not, our ancestors were taking this country and ultimately did exactly that, over as many broken and beaten bodies as it took to secure it.

So, you're suggesting that these Mexican immigrants are going about the process of immigration all wrong. They should be coming in with armaments, and making everybody habla Espanol. But, the problem is that the few that try this same business with guns are being labeled "criminals", we don't recognize them just "as new settlers".

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: AMPTAH

We slaughter MILLIONS just so WE can speak English...a language that was LIKELY imposed upon OUR ancestors (MINE were Celtic).

The IMAGE you paint is a SAD one.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join