It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trump Proposes a 5 Year Wait Before Immigrants Can Qualify For Public Assistance.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: AMPTAH Are illegal Americans getting free healthcare in Mexico? Free housing? Free food? Do they move there to work under the table and send the money back to the USA?

Your example is not even close to the same thing.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: toolgal462
a reply to: AMPTAH Are illegal Americans getting free healthcare in Mexico? Free housing? Free food? Do they move there to work under the table and send the money back to the USA?

Your example is not even close to the same thing.

In Mexico, it's not free, it's subsidized, so it's cheap. This means that Retired Americans can take advantage of the low cost of everything down there in Mexico, stretching their retiree dollars further, all on the backs of hard working Mexicans who are paying into the system that keeps the prices cheap for all. Since the Retirees aren't working there, and never have, they have never paid into the system that lowers the cost of everything, but are now profiting from it, reaping the rewards, by spending their savings in that low cost Government subsidized system.

It's exactly the same thing. Except, you don't need special "welfare cards" to get the benefits, the benefits are available for all, resident, citizen, visitor, illegal alike.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 07:20 PM
link   
What you are trying to say doesn't even make any sense. If Mexico is so great and cheap and the government subsidizes such a great quality of life and all, can you tell us all why millions of Mexicans are illegally crossing the border to come pick our fruit and vegetables for pennies (your claim/not mine)?

a reply to: AMPTAH

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 07:42 PM
link   

What you are trying to say doesn't even make any sense. If Mexico is so great and cheap and the government subsidizes such a great quality of life and all, can you tell us all why millions of Mexicans are illegally crossing the border to come pick our fruit and vegetables for pennies (your claim/not mine)?

This should be pretty obvious. Because things in Mexico is cheap, the US dollar buys more of these things, than the Mexican peso does. So, the undocumented Meicans are doing exactly what the illegal Americans are doing, "earning" US dollars in the US.of.A, and sending those US dollars back to Mexico to buy more of the cheap goods down there.

Those who "want" US dollars, come to America. Those who "have" US dollars, go to Mexico to spend it there.

It is the same single "economic force" that is driving both illegal Mexicans to come to America, that is driving illegal Americans to go to Mexico.

Mexican subsidies make things cheap, and are required because Mexican labor salaries are also cheap. Both types of illegals are seeking the same benefit, to get more bang for the buck.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Wrong again, you say that the govt. of Mexico subsidizes such a great quality of living, therefore there is no reasonable explanation why anyone native to Mexico would need to illegally cross the border to work. Everything is great and cheap in Mexico already.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Wrong again, you say that the govt. of Mexico subsidizes such a great quality of living, therefore there is no reasonable explanation why anyone native to Mexico would need to illegally cross the border to work. Everything is great and cheap in Mexico already.

There's no society on earth, where everyone in the nation gets the same income.

All have their rich and their poor.

So, even in the great land of Mexico, while the rich Mexicans are enjoying all the cheap stuff they can buy with their wealth, there are poorer Mexicans who don't have that kind of cash to live the high style. So, they jump the border fence in the hopes of striking it rich in America. While the poorer Americans jump the Mexican fence, hoping to stretch their few dollars farther.

Everybody fence hopping for the same reasons. The buck buys more than the peso.

edit on 27-6-2017 by AMPTAH because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 08:32 PM
link   

The point that you are missing is that if the country of Mexico is unhappy with illegal Americans spending their $$$ down there then it is their governments responsibility to resolve and correct this issue. The country of USA has determined that they are tired of this illegal activity that effects their citizens and economics, thus is attempting to resolve the discrepancy. No real difference...except Mexico still finds $$$ dollars does more economically for the government and apparently they don't care about the real Mexican citizens.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kettu

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986
a reply to: Kettu

I feed the poor too, does that mean I'm SNAP or Jesus?

How do you do that? What do you do? The $6 you pay a year in federal taxes that goes to the SNAP program you mean?

He taught them how to fish, too.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Why not do a five year maximum so it gives them a chance to get on their feet. Then once the five years is up they can't get it again nor anybody in the household for at least a year or two.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 09:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: CynConcepts

The point that you are missing is that if the country of Mexico is unhappy with illegal Americans spending their $$$ down there then it is their governments responsibility to resolve and correct this issue.

Yes, well, they may have been unhappy, but they also felt guilty themselves, allowing illegal Mexicans to hop the fence to the USA to earn USD. Once the US did nothing about the illegal Mexicans, the Mexican Government wouldn't do anything about the illegal Americans. But, now that US is deporting all the Mexicans, the balance is being upset. Soon, there will only be illegal Americans down there consuming the subsidies. At that point, the Mexican government will have to do something. They have two choices, follow the US initiative, and deport all the illegal Americans, or do like Cuba and make the foreigners pay a different price for everything they buy there. Since the US will require all its citizens to carry ID cards soon, the Mexicans will follow, and all Americans will have to present their ID card to make purchases, and just pay a higher price without the subsidies. Then, those that go to Mexico for the sunshine, will probably stay and pay, and those that were freeloading off of the Mexican subsidies, will probably move on to some other Central or South American country.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 10:04 PM
link   

a reply to: JinMI

Yeah, it's called refugees. The kind of people Jesus would probably want you to take care of.

Yes, "you" not the government.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 10:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986
Yep, he just brought Jesus into this..

Why not? Jesus fed the poor, just like SNAP.

SNAP thinks it's Jesus now?

The government is god to you guys, I forgot.

Carry on.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 10:12 PM
link   

a reply to: JinMI

Source:

Someone who works in public assistance.

Ah, your livelihood depends on continued expansion of tax payer funded freebies, which you are the middleman for. I can see clearly now the rain is gone.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 10:18 PM
link   

I wonder how Jesus feels knowing there are swaths of Americans who only bring Him into topics and celebrate a handful of Christian values only when convenient to their argument, rejecting Him aggressively whenever He becomes inconvenient.

Look dude, you won... years upon years of "this isn't a Christian nation" combined with forced societal changes to ensure nobody forgets this "isn't a Christian nation" worked quite well. We are talking about a matter of governance, and as we all heard from scores of atheists for years now, Jesus has no place in the government. So, I guess what this Christian boy is saying is I don't really care what Jesus would say about federal policies because He isn't in our government. But Trump is!

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 10:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
100% for this.

When my wife came here she had to prove she would not need public assistance.

I had to prove that too when I moved to Hong Kong and there is not much in the way of public assistance anyway.

My wife had to sponsor me.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Right. I bet a lot more Mexicans are trying to sneak into the USA, than Americans trying to sneak into Mexico.

What borders Mexico on the south? I wonder if that country receives a lot of Mexicans illegally?

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 10:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: AMPTAH

OH yeah, and any US citizen looking to leave is welcome to do so, and if they go to Mexico as "illegals" well then that is Mexico's problem, isn't it?

We aren't building a wall to keep anyone IN, you know.....It's to keep bad people OUT.

American Illegals in Mexico are a big problem for the US, because they are "spending their US dollars over there."

One million Americans spending US dollars in the Mexican economy, instead of the American economy, means less jobs for Americans. So, both the undocumented and the Americans that pay them are moving back to Mexico. The buyers of the services are moving with the labor providing those services, and the Mexican economy is the beneficiary. Americans still aren't getting those jobs that the undocumented were doing before they left.

Who are these americans fleeing to mexico?

Are they working there, retired, on the run? Are they white, black or latino?

How are they spending USD's?

How is that hurting mexico?

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 10:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: AMPTAH

The problem is when we have illegals living in the USA, living off of the state (tax payer) working off the books and not paying taxes PLUS sending the money they do make (under the table) back home to Mexico.

Not the same thing as someone coming here and not taking a dime of welfare and working and contributing to the system.

Same problem. The Mexican government "subsidizes" gas at the pump, so that Mexicans can get cheap gas to go to work. The Mexican "tax dollars" pay for that subsidy. One million Americans living illegally in Mexico and getting a "free ride" by buying the same cheap subsidized gas from the pump, that is only meant for tax paying Mexicans, presents the same problem Americans in the US complain about the undocumented.

Don't they have sales taxes in mexico?

VAT taxes?

Property taxes?

You are worried about the illegal americans buying subsidised gas just for mexicans?

Lol, sounds pretty racist.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 11:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

Nondiscrimination The U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) prohibits discrimination in all its programs and activities on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, religion, age, disability, political beliefs, sexual

Easy work around - if immigrant applies for social services anytime within 5 years of arrival in country they will be deported immediately with no regard as to race, color, national origin, gender, religion, age, disability, political beliefs or sexual orientation.

See, simple

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 11:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

You are worried about the illegal americans buying subsidised gas just for mexicans?

Lol, sounds pretty racist.

Ha! I don't think Americans have a "race". Maybe you could say that Mexicans are "brown skinned". But, Americans? That could be anything. All we know is that there are one million Americans, and that many are retirees. So, maybe it sounds a bit "Nationalist". Anyway, everybody needs to pay their fair share, that's all. The same rules for all. That's what Trump wants.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join