It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trump Proposes a 5 Year Wait Before Immigrants Can Qualify For Public Assistance.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: missed_gear

originally posted by: DanteGaland

originally posted by: ColdWisdom

The 5 year wait is for legal immigrants. The illegals get nada.

Have a baby as an illegal...you can get TANF, SNAP...not to mention a host of other things.

mg

YOU don't get anything.

The BABY gets those things.

You just made my point.

mg

YOu said "YOU can get TANF, SNAP"

No, YOU can't. Those things apply to the BABY.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavil
a reply to: carewemust

There are a ton of Iraqi immigrants here where the whole extended family are getting benefits and they know how to work the system. I've seen families where all 5 members get assistance at the same address.

OK..so under Obama, America became a nipple for the world? No wonder President Trump won on an "Americans First!" pledge.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 01:25 PM
link   
100% for this.

When my wife came here she had to prove she would not need public assistance.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   

I am wondering if he is trying to make a new law because the old has failed us. Maybe not but I am curious. It could be just another redundancy being used to make him look good but with stuff like this being in existence, of course he is going to get backlash. It all comes down to why he and his admin think it's necessary.

So we have to question what his consideration (if any) were made about the old law and what his purpose with the new law is. Till we have these answers, this is a smear.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom

The 5 year wait is for legal immigrants. The illegals get nada.

Have a baby as an illegal...you can get TANF, SNAP...not to mention a host of other things.

mg

YOU don't get anything.

The BABY gets those things.

You just made my point.

mg

Oh give it up already, the baby cannot take care of itself so therefore the mother gets the benefits. Stop arguing over foolishness. The point is that illegal aliens easily get around that "no welfare for 5 years" law by having children here. And they know this is how to work the system and they will have as many children as they can to get more and more benefits,too.

To OP, don't forget WIC for each baby, too.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kettu
You already have to be here 5 years to get SNAP (foodstamps) as an immigrant...

Look for yourself on the government's own website

Not really. It's my job. There are different programs in place to provide newly immigrated individuals with access to a variety of assistance programs.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kettu
You already have to be here 5 years to get SNAP (foodstamps) as an immigrant...

Look for yourself on the government's own website

Perfect, then this should not be opposed at all. Thanks for all that.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 04:05 PM
link   

YOU don't get anything.

The check are written in the adult's name or deposited into the adult's bank accounts name...si' o no?

The 'payee' gets the money on behalf of the child(ren). The 'payee' is the defacto recipient and controls the cash/benefits. You know that, I know that we all know this...

"It's for the baby" my arse...

mg

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

There are a ton of Iraqi immigrants here where the whole extended family are getting benefits and they know how to work the system. I've seen families where all 5 members get assistance at the same address.

OK..so under Obama, America became a nipple for the world? No wonder President Trump won on an "Americans First!" pledge.

Wasnt just Obama, we open our doors to everyone and turn a blind eye to those who live here. Why does ANY country need immigrants who can't speak the language and have no marketable skills that a resident already has? It baffles me that we have to have our schools, which suck already, have to become the tower of babel since students can't speak the national language.Take immigrants who add to your country.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Wasnt just Obama, we open our doors to everyone and turn a blind eye to those who live here. Why does ANY country need immigrants who can't speak the language and have no marketable skills that a resident already has? It baffles me that we have to have our schools, which suck already, have to become the tower of babel since students can't speak the national language.Take immigrants who add to your country.

Because they are future and forever Dem voters. It's as simple as that.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 10:41 AM
link   

I think what he's doing is wise. People should have a job lined up before they consider moving to any Country and living off it's Citizens. If you want to move there, be responsible for yourself.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   

June 21, 2017

“The time has come for new immigration rules that say ... those seeking immigration into our country must be able to support themselves financially and should not use welfare for a period of at least five years," Trump told

What if its a rich immigrant like Donald Trump, and he enters the US to set up a large corporation, that then goes into financial trouble because of world economic turmoil, will his company not be able to get that "bail-out" that too-big-to-fail american companies get when they hit similar circumstances?

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Exactly. I had to have 10K in the bank and assume all his bills/costs before they would allow me to marry my husband.

People who crawled through on their bellies got everything paid for.

peace

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   

I like this idea. Makes sense, if they are here to work then see to it.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: silo13
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

People who crawled through on their bellies got everything paid for.

peace

No they didn't. They got their bellies dirty from the mud. You didn't get your belly dirty.

These people left their family and friends, traveled long ways from their home, to offer you their "labor" for pennies on the dollar, and all the thanks they get today is "get out."

After picking your fruit and your vegetables, so you can get inexpensive food to eat, building your homes for cheap, so that you can afford the mortgage to buy that nice house you live in, working in the back of the restaurants cooking and washing up, so that you can go on a night out and have fun without breaking your bank account to pay for the meal, sweating in the hot sun fetching bricks and cement to lay the foundations for your parks and recreations, all the thanks they get from Trump is "no pay, go away."

Well, they are leaving, in droves. And on the way out the door, they leave you with this message, "Pick your own fruit and vegetables, build your own houses, cook your own meals, and clean up and wash up after yourselves, because we the immigrant labor are done with being so charitable with our valuable time and energy to serve the ungrateful."

And the funny thing is, now that the illegals are leaving, the Americans are moving to Mexico in droves, addicted to the cheap service, US Citizens are following them south.

Over "one million americans" have moved to Mexico,internationalliving.com...

And the funny thing is, 91% of them are there "illegally"

www.latinlife.com... twist-91-of-americans-living-in-mexico-are-illegal

I wonder who these illegal Americans voted for, "Trump" or "Clinton" ?

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I think the only assistance that immigrates should get is a ticket home if they agree to never come back.

I don't think that immigrates should receive any other assistance.

I also think that immigrates should have to post a bond for their medical and car insurance for the duration of their stay here.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: AMPTAH
What a load of rubbish. There are legal ways to come here and pick our fruit and vegetables, you know. And I don't know about where you live, but in my part of the country NOTHING is cheap, not even the fruit and vegetables picked by illegals.

OH yeah, and any US citizen looking to leave is welcome to do so, and if they go to Mexico as "illegals" well then that is Mexico's problem, isn't it?

We aren't building a wall to keep anyone IN, you know.....It's to keep bad people OUT.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: toolgal462

OH yeah, and any US citizen looking to leave is welcome to do so, and if they go to Mexico as "illegals" well then that is Mexico's problem, isn't it?

We aren't building a wall to keep anyone IN, you know.....It's to keep bad people OUT.

American Illegals in Mexico are a big problem for the US, because they are "spending their US dollars over there."

One million Americans spending US dollars in the Mexican economy, instead of the American economy, means less jobs for Americans. So, both the undocumented and the Americans that pay them are moving back to Mexico. The buyers of the services are moving with the labor providing those services, and the Mexican economy is the beneficiary. Americans still aren't getting those jobs that the undocumented were doing before they left.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 06:53 PM
link   

No, you are taking a real problem and tweaking it just a little bit. If Americans want to illegally live in Mexico and therefore spend their dollars there it is not a huge problem. The problem is when we have illegals living in the USA, living off of the state (tax payer) working off the books and not paying taxes PLUS sending the money they do make (under the table) back home to Mexico.

Not the same thing as someone coming here and not taking a dime of welfare and working and contributing to the system.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: toolgal462
The problem is when we have illegals living in the USA, living off of the state (tax payer) working off the books and not paying taxes PLUS sending the money they do make (under the table) back home to Mexico.

Not the same thing as someone coming here and not taking a dime of welfare and working and contributing to the system.

Same problem. The Mexican government "subsidizes" gas at the pump, so that Mexicans can get cheap gas to go to work. The Mexican "tax dollars" pay for that subsidy. One million Americans living illegally in Mexico and getting a "free ride" by buying the same cheap subsidized gas from the pump, that is only meant for tax paying Mexicans, presents the same problem Americans in the US complain about the undocumented.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join