It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Racist woman demands to see "white doctor only" for her sick son

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 08:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
a reply to: Jaellma

My doctor is an Asian Woman.

I actually prefer a female doctor. Am I EVIL for wanting a woman over man as my doctor? Am I a bigot? Seriously, people should be able to see who they want as their doctor. It is a comfort thing and personal preference.

This was a clinic she came in to, not her personal physician. So you get who you get. For the record, my GP is of Indian descent. Great guy!

originally posted by: seasonal
She is in Canada, from what I have heard, she is lucky there is a Dr at all.
With all the lines and rationed care.
You are speaking from ignorance. I have 63 years of experience with the system. You read something on the Interwez and you know better?
Sure.
edit on 22-6-2017 by JohnnyCanuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Yes i know you get those.Theres a white male surgeon at the medi clinic in the capital,killed the girlfriend of my hubby's work colleague,and she was not his first victim.He always seems spaced out.I wouldn't let him anywhere near me or mine.But often one does not know much about ER doctors in hospitals and clinics,you pitch up expecting someone competent enough,so for aa child in distress i would be relieved to see anyone.Unless i knew for a cold blue fact the doc was a trainwreck.That would defo complicate matters.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oathkeeper73

I dont see the problem. Are you saying a black or asian person wouldnt be more comfortable having a Dr. Of their own race?

The problem is her selfishness and narrow-mindedness. Her son is/was suffering from chest pains. While she demands to see a particular doctor of a certain hue, her son could drop dead from complications. As a parent, it made me feel sick to know she was only thinking of her self interests while her son was suffering from potentially life threatening symptoms.
edit on 22-6-2017 by Jaellma because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   

The wean could not have been that sick then.

But she sure is bawbag racist piece of crap.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I have an indian doctor who I think is better than any white doctor I've ever had, but...

It's not racist to want a white doctor, she's probably concerned the Indians weren't from American medical schools which in my opinion is a legitimate but misguided concern.

Racial preference for a doctor isn't racism, I wouldn't want a muslim doctor if I had a choice in the decision, even though that's a religion not a race.
edit on 22/6/17 by xstealth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: xstealth

I bet you would take a Muslim Doctor in a heartbeat if you were in severe enough pain through?

After all necessity is kind of colour blind.

edit on 22-6-2017 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

I bet you would take a Muslim Doctor in a heartbeat if you were in severe enough pain through?

After all necessity is kind of colour blind.

yeah if I had no choice in the matter one is better than none.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Mate see when your at the point where you stop to consider the race or religion of the medical healthcare professional that's there to help your child, ease there pain, and facilitate and/or aid there recovery, something is very, very wrong.

Just a thought.

edit on 22-6-2017 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Mate see when your at the point where you stop to consider the race or religion of the medical healthcare professional that's there to help your child, ease there pain, and facilitate and/or aid there recovery, something is very, very wrong.

Just a thought.

That's your opinion, not mine.

I lived in the Middle East, seen muslim doctors and I wouldn't want one for my family.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Well the Muslim doctors, just like our own are trained to help people.

Don't matter what colour or religion we are its still the same design.

Possibly worth considering that Muslim physicians, just like there astronomers and mathematicians, retaught western society a hell of a lot after we emerged from the dark ages.

Guy that performed my brothers heart transplant was a Muslim Doctor and 10 years later he is still doing just fine so they cannot be all that bad at there job.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Well the Muslim doctors, just like our own are trained to help people.

Don't matter what colour or religion we are its still the same design.

Possibly worth considering that Muslim physicians, just like there astronomers and mathematicians, retaught western society a hell of a lot after we emerged from the dark ages.

Guy that performed my brothers heart transplant was a Muslim Doctor and 10 years later he is still doing just fine so they cannot be all that bad at there job.

I never claimed they are all bad doctors, I just wouldn't want one for my family based on my own experiences with their religion and doctors.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   

But whats religion got to do with modern day medical health care?

If Muslim doctors are working and operating in your nation, just like in my own, they are working to the rules and standards that govern medical health care in our nations, nothing to do with religion whatsoever really.

As any Muslim doctor would probobly tell you themselves.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 01:20 PM
link   
It's quite possible she had a doctor of a non white skin tone who was incompetent. Really not enough in the story to make a judgement.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 01:27 PM
link   
My last Dr was from Nigeria, he was arrested and charged with Insurance fraud. Only cared about money and not the patient. Look it up if you don't believe me.

Many different reasons to be picky about Dr.s this is just more hype. Need more of the story.

People need to learn not to prejudge before they get all the facts.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Here in the south this happen more than people think, specially with the elderly white population.

I have a friend that is a nurse and she is African American she tells me how many of the elderly go on a fight demanding that only white nurses and doctors tend to them.

She said they just dismiss their demands and tend to them regardless.

Many even use racial language too.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Even if that was the case incompetent is the operative word, skin tone is nether here nor there!

Skin tone has nothing to do with medical competence.

Working along that logical train of thought seems to imply that all non white medical staff are less competent than there Caucasian cousins, quite frankly that's a racist way to perceive the world in this day of age.

I think the judgement is self evident the woman has a problem with non white people touching or examining her child as she clearly elaborates.

Frankly she should be tossed into the street and receive no medical aid but that would not help the poor wean now would it?

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Skorpy

"My last Dr was from Nigeria, he was arrested and charged with Insurance fraud."

But was he a good doctor?

Lots of people get arrested for Insurance fraud not just Nigerian doctors.

Shes prejudging medical healthcare professionals down to colour alone, why shouldn't we prejudging he by her racist actions?

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

No, but if you keep having negative outcomes from foreign black doctors you might start saying please let me see a white doctor ... as saying any doctor but a black one would be considered far more racist.

Like I said, I dont know enough about the situation to comment.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skorpy
My last Dr was from Nigeria, he was arrested and charged with Insurance fraud. Only cared about money and not the patient. Look it up if you don't believe me.

Many different reasons to be picky about Dr.s this is just more hype. Need more of the story.

People need to learn not to prejudge before they get all the facts.

Yeah I refuse Nigerian doctors .

I have had my bad experiences with them....

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Is that the rest of the story? Are we sure it was color alone, or is there more to this.

For example, My hospital in my town, has a nasty reputation for being the worse ER in the country. Everybody knows to not even go to this town on certain medical issue's. They will drive the extra hour to the nearby town, because the dr's are better.

Going to the DR, has change since Obama, Now you have 15 newly, fresh out of school DR/Interns poking and making Guesses. , you are a number and an experiment anymore.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join