It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Maury Island Mystery – UFO? Hoax? Or Something Else?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blackfinger
Shot down by anti aircraft fire in 47?War was over in 45..Serious BS being slung around this story.

I am guessing you just didn't understand the OP at all?

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Fine OP.

I’ve read many versions of this story and the one thing that it looks like is a misinformation intervention by you know who.

This affair is filled with intrigue and mystery, particularly the two Army government men who died in that crash carrying those samples.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 10:49 AM
link   
The key

"Air Force investigators determined this was a fatal accident. One of the B-25 engines had caught fire and the men tried to bail out.
The crewmen were successful."

These two who survived more likely made sure the others did not.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 10:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blackfinger
Shot down by anti aircraft fire in 47?War was over in 45..Serious BS being slung around this story.

Did they say it was WWII? The Korean crisis (US) and the cold war itself officially started in 1950/51, but we had been pissing in their yard years before that. Just like Vietnam, which really started in Laos years before. I believe if you were flying clandestine little sorties around certain places between '45 and '50, you could receive a bunch of AA fire.
edit on 28-6-2017 by charlyv because: spelling , where caught

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 10:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: mirageman
a reply to: charlyv

I find all these links to the JFK assassination intriguing. But other than having watched the Oliver Stone "JFK" movie and a few documentaries I can't offer any real insight into this without doing a tremendous amount of research.

I'd settled for Crisman being just a Walter Mitty fantasist type of character? But it seems you think there is something more to all this? Could he be a 'pawn' in a much wider game. As was perhaps Oswald?

It's the apparent association with others who left their dirty fingerprints all over the JFK era and into the present.
I am interested in who possibly managed and controlled them, in a "devil's toolbox kind of scenario.

posted on Nov, 20 2022 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Some further thoughts and questions on this mysterious ufo incident coming off MM's fine thread of 5 years ago.

Of all the many ufo events, the Maury Island incident may be one of the most mysterious. Not whether it was true or false but all the surrounding events after it.

Was it just the folly of an inexperienced investigator, Kenneth Arnold, and others new at this, or some sinister acts by government-sponsored agents? Or a synchronistic preview of ufo meme history, or all the above?

Most say this was a hoax. But, hoax or not, the evidence demonstrates clearly the government Intel community was all over the affair.

The question is why did the government so quickly jump into the UFO monitoring business on June 21st, 1947, supposedly three days before the momentous Kenneth Arnold sightings on June 24, 1947.

Though the story records that Arnold called in the government. But at what point? Before or after, someone booked a hotel room for him. Therefore, it was likely bugged and likely by the Intel community.

Isn't it strange, considering that this was all supposedly new stuff---the UFOs? So does that tell us there were so many ufo sightings before Arnold's sighting in 47 that the IC was rearing and ready to take a deep dive into the UFO quagmire?

Here is a video describing a basic synopsis of the case. This is a decent short synopsis, though it differs slightly from Richard Dolans Maury Island's narrative and MM's above.

Strange events

Someone made a reservation for Arnold at a hotel for him after he was commissioned by paranormal investigator Ray Palmer.

An informer had revealed to a reporter every detail of what went on in Arnold’s hotel room while he interfaced with the five other characters in the story: Fred Crisman, Harold Dahl (the UFO experiencer), Arnold's friend and helper in this research, Smithy and the two unfortunate CIC agents who died in that mysterious crash supposedly taking the UFO debris to headquarters.

Fred Crisman, though not known at the time, was an OSS agent soon to be in two months at the advent of the CIA, a CIA agent. Also, unknown at the time in 1947, Fred Crisman would be exposed as a notorious CIA agent, even being involved with the JFK assassination on some level, as well as one who had told many false, delusional, or disinformation-based tales of occult experiences.

Cleary that informs us the whole incident may have been a managed operation, likely gone awry, or more sinisterly, a botched operation involving a few murders: the two CIC agents' Brown and Davidson' mysteries plane crash and the reporter who told the story about that crash dying so near article.

And the question arises. Why, and so early in the UFO era? That, to me, is the vital question surrounding the events on Maury Island.

And what are the odds of the first major UFO case being connected to a notorious Intel spook in Crisman? Crisman was supposed to be Dahl's " supervisor" has research been done to substantiate that?

Further, more interesting is that long before UFO history acted out, the Maury Island incident had many UFO memes inside the strange saga, except for the future abduction claims. MM alludes to this in the early part of this thread.

That in itself is significant, and the following facts bear this out:

The first incident of a MIB: Had breakfast with Dahl a day after the incident and, as the eventual MIB methodology unfolds in UFO history—threatened him to keep quiet.

The UFO debris meme: this was a vital part of the Maury story in that not only did the character's main concern be the supposed slag that fell on Dahl’s boat.

Also, it was the direct cause of the death of the two CIC agents who were carrying such UFO debris to be examined. So, we also have the UFO meme of the death or murder of UFO witnesses.

Another meme is about the Intel agent's involvement with UFO incidents in Fred Crisman.

Dahl, according to Richard Dolan, still claimed the truth about the incident. The above video synopsis says that Dahl's son and wife say it was all a hoax. Dahl and Crisman both claimed it was a hoax but later said they only claimed that because the incident was drawing too much fire toward them.

So, what do we think?
What’s interesting to me is the actions of the Intel communities so quickly zeroing in on this UFO incident and intervening and controlling its narrative…of course, behind the scenes. By that, I mean they booked Arnold's hotel room and bugged it, and then told him he was bugged by revealing that to an informer who called a reporter who told Arnold all about everything that went on in his hotel room!

Arnold being an amateur sleuth didn't realize or accept he was being manipulated by the very government he turned to for help!

posted on Nov, 21 2022 @ 04:56 AM
link   
With this thread being a few years old now I've forgotten much of the small details. You don't hear about other nations alphabet agencies meddling in the UFO subject a lot, do you? Although the Communist Bloc had their own involvement with Western ufology during the Cold War. Something that probably continues to this day.

Even at the dawn of the modern UFO era, American spooks were all over this story.

Crisman is a real odd character. Seemingly a mid-twentieth century Doty, with an even more sinister side to him. But also a character where the truth is extremely blurred. IIRC Kenneth Arnold had engine trouble on his flight back home, although I don't know if it was sabotage or just coincidence.

This is one of those weird stories of intrigue where the UFO tale is a sideshow.

posted on Nov, 21 2022 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

I was going to make an OP but saw yours, so I just brought it up again to see if anything new occurred.

The fact that it was new---ufos---( Maybe there weren't so new)--and they sent an IC team out. What's strange and proves IC involvement are the facts surrounding Arnold's hotel room: the mysterious booking of his room by anonymous sources and the relating of everything that went on in it shows it was more than likely an IC-heavy surveillance job going on.

So early in the ufo scene, they would do that seems strange. Why not just openly investigate it?

I know, they were looking for the Russians!..

What that shows me is that the period of 1945 to 47 may have had more ufo-related events than they're telling us.

posted on Nov, 21 2022 @ 10:33 AM
link   
So, your question in the op: UFO? Hoax? Or Something Else?

That something else may be an attempt to make Arnold a dupe and look like a fool since he was the one who saw the 9 saucers on the 24th. And remember, Arnold's plane was sabotaged.

So if true, then they were doing the psyop nasty long before they did it later on an institutional level.

But the case turned into a psyop fiasco with killings, murders, attempted murders---a really fine mess. And the reason for the sloppy work might be that they were new at this, but I doubt that the excuse...

And that still doesn't answer the question, why the psyop so early in the ufo era?

That, to me, is the main mystery in this mystery because that brings up more questions than answers.

posted on Nov, 21 2022 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Long but interesting read…..

the positively true story of kenneth arnold

Including…..Arnold’s own account of his plane’s mishap…..or so it’s written as….

Ray Palmer, ties in with all the rest of characters to this story….also the FBI is mentioned.

Btw….the book mentioned is in my library

👽
edit on 21-11-2022 by Ophiuchus1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2022 @ 11:59 AM
link   
IC shenanigans?

Industrial espionage?

A mix of the two maybe?

Original Source

Original Source

edit on 21/11/2022 by mirageman because: ...

posted on Nov, 21 2022 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Evidence shows Crimson was an IC spook sent to either monitor and influence the Maury Island incident or destabilize it. Just like so many past Doty, Green, Semivan, Puthoff, Zondo similar characters drawn like flies to ____ around the UFO mystery.

I think that since it was so early in the ufo modern history, it is interesting.

The key is finding out the true relationship between Dahl and Crisman. If it was doctored, then it’s a psyop intervention, and Dahl may have been telling the truth--if not, and they were really working together before the incident, then it was likely a hoax

edit on 21-11-2022 by peaceinoutz because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2022 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Crisman is certainly a Character…

Fred Crisman and the Servants of Awareness

……”As it turns out, Maury Island wasn’t Fred Crisman’s first and only UFO rodeo. Recent sleuthing by intrepid researchers Jeff Suwak and Kirk Nelson (with a little assistance from yours truly) have uncovered Crisman’s possible ties to a UFO channeling group identified as “Service Awareness” that were mentioned in Crisman’s testimony before the Orleans Parish grand jury during the Jim Garrison investigation.”……

👽

posted on Nov, 21 2022 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Ophiuchus1

Sure, Crisman was an exotic and spooky character. So were Doty, Puthoff, Semivan, Green, and many other government spooks they employed to deal with the subject.

Crisman was 28 at the time and certainly inclined to spookery, so they employed him on this psyop.

They don’t hire a plumber to fix a fence. They have spooky ops; they send spooky operators.

Another reason it was an intervention op is the cloudy facts surrounding it---deliberate obfuscation.

Again, the point is the early acts of such kinds of ops are instructive. We are missing something in the years 1945 to 1947.

posted on Nov, 21 2022 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: peaceinoutz

It might not provide definitive answers but there are two books by former MUFON Director James Carrion that help define the times.Both are completely free of charge and available as a PDF.

Anachronism

The Roswell Deception

Carrion provides links to hundreds of sources and press releases from intel officials and authentic government documents from the mid to late 1940s.

His premise being that the US and its close allies were involved in a deception operation involving development and protection of advanced weaponry that would fool the USSR.

Even if you don't agree with him, the referenced sources provided a picture of the world just before the Russians developed their own nuclear weapons.

edit on 21/11/2022 by mirageman because: ...

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join