It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You Tube Vids Keep Restarting - Grrrrrrr

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Okay, so for the past few months when I watch a youtube vid, either on youtube or related article, the damn thing keeps restarting. I googled remedies to no avail. I used to use Safari then switched to Firefox and this is when the trouble started. I switched back to Safari and it still happened. My google-fu led me to the following approaches:

1) Update/reinstall flash, check
2) Unisntall adobe flash drive becasue HTML is all the rage now and what Youtube uses, check
2) Go to Firefox settings and uncheck hardware acceleration box, check
3) clean cache/cookies and restart, check
4) check internet speed. check
5) uninstall OS and reinstall. This I have not yet done

Anyone else on different OS's experienced this? PC users? Is this a mac thang?
Anyways,hoping someone has found the magic remedy, thx

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: waftist

It's happened to me on all formats. Mobile and grounded.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

Frustrating as hell and I have written youtube too. You would think they would be on this for it seems to be widespread. Are you in the states? I wonder if this is limited to US?
Are you on PC or mac?(won't be offended if you decline to answer that )

Glad I'm not the only one who has tried numerous solutions. Thanks for your reply
edit on 2pmf30540830 by waftist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   

I don't know. I always get those errors from yt that say "experiencing interruptions? click here to find out why."

It seems to play the ads just fine when I refresh the page

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

Hmmm, I have never seen that message and I have tried with AdBlock on and off. I did notice increase in ads in general and how they sometimes block content visually, and I can't close them..ridiculous.

Do the actual vids ever just restart themselves for you?
edit on 2pmf30235330 by waftist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 06:55 PM
link   

We had some problems with Youtube a few nights ago. We frequently Chromecast Youtube videos to the television and will listen to or watch playlists and instead of starting the next video at the end of each it would freeze up and cut off the Chromecast. We tried everything you can think of to fix it and after much trial and error we came to the conclusion that Youtube was just jacked up at the time. It was restarting many of them as well. We finally just gave up for the night. Sometimes Youtube is just wonky like that.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 06:57 PM
link   

I only very rarely get interrupts...seems like when streaming..not very often...and continues right away.

Hint? It sounds like you drop (lose connection)the whole video stream in a millisecond...and then it locks back in and re-starts. But, sorry...no help to you though as to WHY...........

:/

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Yea a break in connection makes sense but nothing has changed in my setup and resident, just me with strong wifi. It is an issue and lot's of people are complaining. Maybe it's a mac thing, but it happens on every single utube vid I view.
Oh well, thanks for the reply

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Try another browser.

Go from there.

The more confirmed variables you can use to search Google God the better you can pull up PC forums people talking about the same thing.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Thanks for chiming in man, and yea I checked the forums, tried the suggestions and nada. That's why I decided to bring it on board here fer a gander. Supposedly much of it is from YouTube, but not everyone is suffering, so I am trying process of elimination for now, checking off all suggestions. I have tried Safari, Firefox and Chromecast(which I despise) and they all have the same utube issue. Sigh...maybe this too shall pass.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 01:59 AM
link   

I'm in the UK. At first I thought it was just my Wi-Fi connection dropping but then my phone has been doing it too (separate network). I never use Apple products.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Sorry... I do notice as you said it seems to be larger common groups of users sharing issues... I don't have one... But understood Mac's we're pretty reliable?

Hey.. Let us know what happens, alright? Good luck.... MS

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 04:06 PM
link   
SOLUTION!! woohoo
Finally found it guys, had to switch to Google DNS server.
Firefox and Chrome are the browsers affected, although my Safari was affected too.
Here is Mac OS version

Pcs

So basically it's going into Network and changing DNS to two rows:
Top Row
Bottom Row

Hope that helps and spares some the madness of youtube playback issues that include restarting and "an error occured" situation.

top topics

join