It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New study supports Trump: 5.7 million noncitizens may have cast illegal votes

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: missed_gear

Because no one believes that.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: D8Tee

What do you know about James D. Agresti, or his methodology? Don't you think it's a little hasty to declare victory because you read something that appealed to your emotions, published by a cult's conservative propaganda mouth piece (and that's an actual cult), citing a person you likely know nothing about making claims based on more things you know nothing about?

How about a little effort?

This is not a 'victory' - it's another reading of the same data used in a previous study.
Essentially two researchers have come to the conclusion that millions of illegal votes could have been cast.
I am sure the investigation into illegal votes being led by VP Pence will get to the truth and the question can finally be answered.
This latest research is important that it underpins the President's claim. Given your President is calling out a major issue and research is backing him up, I would have thought everyone could at least unite in the view that this needs the VP's investigation to drive out the answer once and for all.

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Dude, I can't even buy allergy med's without an ID. Seriously, it's a joke. I'm neither left nor right. I just don't understand how this isn't important to every America despite party affiliation. Why does the left want non-Americans helping to determine American elections?

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

He's not investigating anything if you read the article. He took the same data set that the last group used and then applied mysterious calculations that were too technical to mention in the article to arrive at a minimum that was roughly double the maximum of the last group.

What's next? Next week a car salesman with a "think tank" will get the Moonies' paper to publish the details of his "study" proving that 30 million illegal aliens voted?

I think this guy's credentials are lacking and that's important, particularly when we're not being shown the "study."

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   

You can't vote without some form of ID.
I've never voted where they didn't check and because I just voted Tuesday in a local primary it's fresh in my mind. They ask you to state your address while they confirm it on a computer and they look at your license or ID card. I also had my voter registration card out just because...
The lady was like " yeah you're all prepared" I said " I don't mess around when it comes to voting".

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Q: Why are illegal immigrants registered to vote?

A: To get them to vote.

Signed,
Captain Common Sense

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: nwtrucker

It's not true.

What isn't true?

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   
No , voter fraud never happens.....people always provide ID that they are citizens.....????
www.nationalreview.com...

“At the instruction of Democratic governor Terry McAuliffe, local officials hid critical information that would have improved election integrity, while McAuliffe, a former Clinton political operative, vetoed proposal after proposal to shore up the laws,” Adams told me. The Washington Post reported that McAuliffe appointees to the state’s Board of Elections even wanted to eliminate the requirement that those registering to vote “check boxes to indicate whether they are U.S. citizens or felons whose right to vote has not been restored.” Virginia has a history of close elections. McAuliffe himself won by only 56,000 votes out of 2.2 million cast in 2013, and that same year, Democrats won the key office of attorney general by only 907 votes. “In this election year, aliens and felons must not cast illegal ballots, and if they do they must be prosecuted,” Adams told me, referring to the Virginia gubernatorial election coming up this November. “I sincerely hope that Governor McAuliffe’s veto pen did not invite a close election tainted by fraud.”

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

It's not true.

What isn't true
edit on 20-6-2017 by whyamIhere because: Trying to be nicer

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl
Q: Why are illegal immigrants registered to vote?

A: To get them to vote.

Signed,
Captain Common Sense

Yep, 7.9m on the register and Harvard's analysis said the number of illegal votes is estimated to be 0.

The latest estimate of 60,000-5.7m sounds far more credible.
edit on 20/6/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   

I've never voted where they didn't check and because I just voted Tuesday in a local primary it's fresh in my mind. They ask you to state your address while they confirm it on a computer and they look at your license or ID card. I also had my voter registration card out just because...
The lady was like " yeah you're all prepared" I said " I don't mess around when it comes to voting".

California, for example gives state IDs and Driver's licenses to illegals. Either of those two are sufficient to register to vote, as you point out. Circa 11 million illegals in Ca.. Assuming even 25% register, that's about enough to hit three million in that state alone.

As both the illegals AND the State of California supports legalization, it doesn't take much more than three brain cells hooks in series to see the likelihood of it.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere

That's not true...

...you mean everything

edit on 20/6/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

link   

a reply to: D8Tee

No one here expected a different response from you.

The study was done by a conservative group, so the number is probably exaggerated.

But if we're going to discuss the integrity of our democracy in the midst of the Russia probe, then we need to do a full scale investigation of everything.

I'd their our weaknesses of any type we need to find them.

But all the left cares about is what can expose the right, and vise versa.

So save us the feux outrage when you discuss the Russian involvement if you're not willing to investigate others.

Because if the Russians could interfere (no evidence yet) than many others can, and that would be a problem.

link   

Maybe, maybe not.

Certainly depends on the state.

According to Pew research.

time.com...

New York (1.15 million) and Los Angeles (1 million) have the highest number of undocumented residents, with Houston, Dallas, Miami and Chicago also home to significant populations (Houston has roughly 575,000, Dallas has roughly 475,000, Miami has about 450,000 and Chicago has 425,000.) In addition to L.A., California is home to four of the other top 20 cities: San Francisco, San Jose, San Diego, and Riverside-San Bernardino.

However looking at this data... maybe not so much..

Election analytics website FiveThirtyEight identifies the states of Colorado, Florida, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, Ohio, Nevada, New Hampshire, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Virginia, and Wisconsin as "perennial" swing states that have regularly seen close contests over the last few presidential campaigns.

en.wikipedia.org...

Of the swing states with concentrated undocumented residents. Florida and Colorado have large populations. With Florida having some 500K undocumented residents. Colorado with 130k.

If it's a incredibly close race, then yes, there is a problem. However if it isn't. Then this is being blown out of proportion.

And with the Republicans winning and with a majority. I would say they would better off spending time, effort and money in other directions.

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

I live in Pennsylvania and have never been required to show my ID. They tried to pass a voter ID law, but it was struck down, and wasn't appealed.
New York Times
A man that I work with went to vote with his son and found that someone else had already voted using their names. They were allowed to vote, but someone else voted for them illegally.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Because illegals will always vote Democrat. That's why they defend them even though they are committing a federal crime just by being in the US, let alone voting in one of our elections. Also why the Democrats are against "the border wall" and the travel ban.

a reply to: TobyFlenderson

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   
The same people who go apoplectic about requiring people to document their eligibility to vote, suddenly demand documented proof of ineligible voting.

You can't make this stuff up.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: TobyFlenderson
a reply to: buster2010

Really? Is that how government works now? You usually have more thoughtful posts than that.

No he doesn't.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

If the number is at the high end of estimates (5.7m) then this is not being blown out of proportion. Politicians used a difference of 3m nationwide to push hard for abolishing the electoral college. That's quite a constitutional change if the premise for the challenge is based on illegals voting.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

I'm completely fine with VP Pence leading an investigation. I don't want non-citizens voting in our elections anymore than I want Putin meddling in them. This isn't that though.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join