It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The situation in Syria will escalate

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 11:03 PM
link   
The war in Syria can not end until Iran pulls out. Both Iran and USA have proxy armies fighting in Syria which explains President Trump's anti-Iranian rhetoric lately and his arm sales to Saudi.

If we want to deescalate the situation in Syria then Iran HAS to leave, but Iran will not leave because they want the prime position of being on the border of Israel and a sea port on the Mediterranean.

Why do people not realize this will not be accepted? ISIS is caught in the middle of a proxy war with all sides interested in destroying them but all sides are in a desperate battle for position and influence, and in the case of Israel their survival.

This is going to get worse, no sides can leave Syria, especially not the USA, no matter how bad Trump might want to only hit ISIS and leave as quickly as possible, it will not be possible to do that unless Iran leaves.
edit on 19/6/17 by xstealth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 11:17 PM
link   
a reply to: xstealth Irans only shot is to side with Russia, which is a done deal in my opinion. This is the watch as the Iranian clerics feel they must bring on the end and this is their place in the prophecy. They will deliver the 12th.......

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 11:23 PM
link   
a reply to: xstealth

I think you're right. We are nearing the end of ISIS in Syria, and the real battle begins.

Unfortunately, Obama made sure Iran got plenty of $$$$$ in cash sent on a cargo plane under the dark of night along with additional money he allowed to be released that had been on hold. Obama tried to sell us down the river, imo.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 12:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: teslahowitzer
They will deliver the 12th.......

what do you mean?

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Need a new doctrine for the ME.
Nuke the soil and steal the oil.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 12:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: xstealth

what do you mean?

I believe he is referring to the Shia claim that their 12th iman is to return soon.The Mahdi.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 12:45 AM
link   

what do you mean?

He's talking about the 12th imam. When the world is to end he's going to return and there goal is to make sure that happens. To do this they believe martyrs will go with allah in the end if days. They see it as there job to bring on the end times. Shia is really the crazier of all the Islamic religions.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 01:03 AM
link   
We dont need Syria. Lets bomb the hell outta ISIS and GTFO already. Or just gtfo. Russia and Assad will take care of ISIS if we get out of the way. And stop sending those pricks weapons.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Of course it will
the US just shot down a syrian bomber!

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 01:46 AM
link   
CNN is reporting that the most famous Iranian Quds Force, Major General Qassem Suleimani was in Syria yesterday; this shows the extent of their involvement.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Good. Let the Shia and Sunni continue to kill each other off.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 02:01 AM
link   

The war in Syria can not end until Iran pulls out. .

Iran has smashed a group of ISIS Mercanaries in the last week or so with a ground to ground missle according to what I have read and the OP claims that this is sole reason the War against Syria has been going for the last 5-6 years??????????? Has this poster got ANY understanding of the history of this conflict AT ALL?

I am certain it would appear to many, the only alternative explanation is that this OP is simply paid to make such statements on this forum. Who knows, periphrases they themselves did not even want to make it themselves but perhaps they had pressure applied to them to do so.

Franky, I think ATS should delete threads in which the author clearly and demonstrably shows little to no understanding AT ALL of the history of the subject matter and make such very uninformed comments.

Surely the ATS brand cannot be afford to be mocked by allowing such uninformed posts like this to stand??

edit on 20-6-2017 by Azureblue because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Iran and Russia were invited to help, America was not and should leave

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 02:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Whereismypassword

The Syrian rebels invited America and they have just as much right to invite us as Assad did inviting Russia.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 02:19 AM
link   

The Syrian rebels invited America and they have just as much right to invite us as Assad did inviting Russia.

Excuse me! So let's say a small group in America asks for another country to bomb their enemies and change leader and you are happy with that?

There are Syrian rebels because the CIA wants it

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Excuse me! So let's say a small group in America asks for another country to bomb their enemies and change leader and you are happy with that?

There are Syrian rebels because the CIA wants it

You just described the fight for independence and the civil war. In both those reals asked for and got foreign help. So historically been there done that.as for the coalition forces they indeed were invited by rebels however even if they didn't the US would get involved. So not being invited is irrelevant assaad started a humanitarian crises as well.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 02:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Whereismypassword

I'd also say the Syrian rebels are Syrian, it's their country.

They don't recognize the current regime and currently they have the same authority as the regime since authority is dictated by the people.

But as dragon pointed out, it's happened in our history.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 04:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr
He's talking about the 12th imam. When the world is to end he's going to return and there goal is to make sure that happens

Well, if the world is going to end then why bother.

Syria is a magnet for all sorts. Iran is part of the problem and part of the solution, so are the Gulf States.

The question is not what the US and NATO allies will do, or who Russia supports, or Turkey (etc) but whether Iran and the Gulf States - led by Saudi Arabia, will put aside their age old animosity and distrust and solve their problems.

As per the OP's contention that the problems in Syria will escalate. I don't think it will. With a prediction that ISIS will be defeated the pressure on Iraq is off and the mandate for the US/NATO involvement is reduced. You need to bear in mind that the bulk of the West's involvement has been in Iraq.

The long-term is a struggle for dominance between the Gulf States, Iran and Turkey. Russia will only remain in the mix to try and keep Assad in power. Give it five years, or perhaps two if the UN can get meaningfully involved. Ultimately, the winner will be Turkey as they hold all the cards in the long-term.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 05:43 AM
link   

thats right, so you should have no opposition to that principle being acted out again in the US.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 10:00 AM
link   
And to think people voted for Trump so we wouldn't go to war with Russia. Neocons at the Pentagon going to bring WW3 hell or high water.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join